Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011

Go down 
+35
leo
Ken Himura
Afsfan
Eris
dangerous_angel_face
supportmaoasada
illani
bibi
maowataiyo
babayaga
sapphiresky
haruka25
Spacey
inspiration*
Alokya
polosatik
kaarolcia
ashcroft1086
kenkyo
MaoChan756
Okami
Haidogirl
shikure
Mao_Asada_sunrise
☆Genie
linglang
bellarina
purplemaze
emmie
ddmm
roma
josling
zarinaballerina
ballerinamao
Batsuchan
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011 - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011   Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 2:33 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:
ballerinamao wrote:
i just found a new practice clip of Mao:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8URbdSZG5fA&context=C3b050fdADOEgsToPDskKKm4fKHxIZR-5_6-0Bjwp6

Thank you! cheers

why can't the media leave the 3A alone?! Very Mad She is so much more than just a skater who is able to do 3A (even if she's the only skater in the world who does it). Why can't they focus on her amazing 2A-3T, or her much improved speed and performance?! Listening to them you'd think 3A is all she's got Mad

I just love to see her smile. Wub And team Sato is awesome! you can really see how much they love her. Many Hearts

I totally agree, zarinaballerina!! Evil or Very Mad And the other thing that is ridiculous is that they're like, "she succeeded 4 times on the 2A!" Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes They have no idea...

The clip of Team Sato around 1:10 is so cute!! Wub See, Mao is only PRACTICING and already Kumiko-sensei and Nobuo-sensei are all smiles. Many Hearts (Poor Taka-chan, Mao is just too adorable. Razz )

Here is another practice clip:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rv3wmAwxZ6A
Back to top Go down
http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
babayaga
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
babayaga

PostSubject: Re: Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011   Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 3:47 pm

Thank you everyone for the videos and translations!! cheers I am happy to see Mao so very much improved. Her jumps are getting back that light and airy feeling they had in her earlier years and that 2A-3T is the best I ever saw her do.
Good luck, Mao!!! Good luck!
Back to top Go down
maowataiyo
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
maowataiyo

PostSubject: Re: Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011   Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 7:40 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:
why can't the media leave the 3A alone?! Very Mad She is so much more than just a skater who is able to do 3A (even if she's the only skater in the world who does it). Why can't they focus on her amazing 2A-3T, or her much improved speed and performance?! Listening to them you'd think 3A is all she's got Mad

I think Johnny said after Torino Worlds that lots of people sort of passed off the fact that Mao was doing the 3A. Now that seems to be the prime focus amongst a lot of people as to whether she's going to add the 3A in her program or not. Oh, the irony. Rolling Eyes It really does bug me that so many people think that's what she's all about. I think it's due in part to ignorance and media shaping. Doesn't surprise me that it came from "Super News". I have great disdain for anything Fuji. I'm relieved it's TV Asahi's year of broadcasting rights for figure skating, but I don't really trust a lot of the "masu gomi" in general.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011   Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 7:59 pm

maowataiyo wrote:

I think Johnny said after Torino Worlds that lots of people sort of passed off the fact that Mao was doing the 3A. Now that seems to be the prime focus amongst a lot of people as to whether she's going to add the 3A in her program or not. Oh, the irony. Rolling Eyes It really does bug me that so many people think that's what she's all about. I think it's due in part to ignorance and media shaping. Doesn't surprise me that it came from "Super News". I have great disdain for anything Fuji. I'm relieved it's TV Asahi's year of broadcasting rights for figure skating, but I don't really trust a lot of the "masu gomi" in general.

yeah, I remember everyone raving about Yuna's 3-3 and ignoring mao's two 3a Rolling Eyes Don't get me wrong, i think yuna's 3-3 were fantastic, but listening to comemntators (especially Scott Rolling Eyes ) i was like: yeah 3-3 is amazing, but hello, here is Mao doing TWO 3A in one program! But then again, all I need to remember is Scott's "wounderful" explanation why 3-3 should be worth more than 3A-2T in Vancouver and I understand why they were ignoring Mao.
Back to top Go down
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

PostSubject: Re: Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011   Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 8:29 pm

according to http://twitter.com/#!/japanskates :

Quote :
Aiko: (Ladies Practice) Mao tried a 3A in run-through - doubled, and practiced 3F-2Lo a lot
Back to top Go down
http://mao.asada.site.voila.fr
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011   Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 8:39 pm

now tat you mention it zarinaballerina i later understood where all the hype came from cause it turned out that both commentators like scot, and tracy where both having a close relationship to brian her former coach as well as yuna, so it now really isn't surprising when i look back and remember all the praise and hype they where giving to yuna, and why the commentators kind of igored mao, cause those commentator weren't objective like they were suppost to be but had a very strong relationship to the yuna camp... I remember at that time wondering why there where so many irrelevant information about kim and why it in my ears sounded like fanbase service now that mystery is also cleared. '

well i think this discussion is getting out of the topic so will leave it at that!
Back to top Go down
babayaga
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
babayaga

PostSubject: Re: Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011   Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 8:51 pm

bibi wrote:
according to http://twitter.com/#!/japanskates :

Quote :
Aiko: (Ladies Practice) Mao tried a 3A in run-through - doubled, and practiced 3F-2Lo a lot

Thanks bibi!!

ETA: Here is another link, I think that's the same one we were reading during last year nationals: http://sportsnavi.yahoo.co.jp/channe...how/winter/587

Back to top Go down
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
shikure

PostSubject: Re: Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011   Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 9:10 pm

http://sportsnavi.yahoo.co.jp/channel/live/show/winter/587&manual=1 layout today
and when the live starts, I will move to spoiler thread Smile
Back to top Go down
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

PostSubject: Re: Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011   Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 9:25 pm

Back to top Go down
http://mao.asada.site.voila.fr
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011   Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 10:02 pm

bibi wrote:
practice clip Smile
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GAOjR1hZAU&feature=share

Thanks bibi! flower

The ladies SP must be starting soon. WOW!

I'm getting super nervous! Faint2 Faint2

In fact, I think I'm too nervous to follow the spoiler/PBP thread...that was definitely nerve-wracking during the men's SP!! affraid

I'll be back later to watch the TV broadcast!! Yep! Hope to see y'all here!! cheers
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011   Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 10:33 pm

shikure wrote:
http://sportsnavi.yahoo.co.jp/channel/live/show/winter/587&manual=1 layout today
and when the live starts, I will move to spoiler thread Smile

Yay, Mao is doing 2A! cheers

I have a question, is practising in a costume mandatory? I've seen it in every competition, but then some skaters were practising in their training outfit, so I was wondering...

bibi thanks for the link!
Back to top Go down
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Mao_Asada_sunrise

PostSubject: Re: Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011   Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 11:19 pm

When does it start? I just got here!
Back to top Go down
haruka25

PostSubject: Re: Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011   Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 11:30 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:
haruka25 welcome to the forum! cheers

thanks zarinaballerina Thank you!

does anyone know around what time mao will skate (japan standard time)?
Back to top Go down
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Mao_Asada_sunrise

PostSubject: Re: Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011   Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 11:32 pm

haruka25 wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:

I'm trying to find that out, too!
Back to top Go down
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
ddmm

PostSubject: Re: Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011   Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 11:36 pm

Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:
haruka25 wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:

I'm trying to find that out, too!

I think it should be after 7pm Japan time because Fuji is due to air the last 2 groups from 7pm.
Back to top Go down
babayaga
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
babayaga

PostSubject: Re: Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011   Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 11:39 pm

ddmm, I think it will be sooner than that, maybe about an hour and a half from now?
Back to top Go down
illani
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
illani

PostSubject: Re: Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011   Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 11:44 pm

^Yes, I think it has to be sooner. According to the event schedule Batsuchan posted on the first page of this thread, Mens FS stars at 16:25 Japan standard time, so the ladies must be over before then.
Back to top Go down
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Mao_Asada_sunrise

PostSubject: Re: Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011   Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 11:50 pm

I think the event already finished or almost finishing. It's 3:50 p.m. in Japan, and the ladies started at 2 p.m.
Back to top Go down
babayaga
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
babayaga

PostSubject: Re: Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011   Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 11:56 pm

The third group (out of five) just started actually. Mao is in the last one. There is a link in the Spoilers thread to the page with live updates, here it is just in case: http://sportsnavi.yahoo.co.jp/channel/live/show/winter/587
Back to top Go down
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
ddmm

PostSubject: Re: Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011   Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 11:57 pm

Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:
I think the event already finished or almost finishing. It's 3:50 p.m. in Japan, and the ladies started at 2 p.m.

Is it really !!! OMG, Isn't it the 3rd group skating now ? I am confused... scratch
Back to top Go down
illani
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
illani

PostSubject: Re: Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011   Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 11:58 pm

Thanks, babayaga. I was starting to feel very confused... scratch
Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011   Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2011 2:07 am

Hello everyone! I don't know the results, so don't tell me, please! Very Happy

But if anyone knows if there's a different way to watch the Fuji TV broadcast other than KeyHole TV, please let me know! Worship Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011   Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2011 3:06 am

The broadcast has started...is anyone else watching?? (I'm feeling a little lonely here... Sad, Lonely )
Back to top Go down
supportmaoasada
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
supportmaoasada

PostSubject: Re: Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011   Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2011 3:08 am

Batsuchan wrote:
The broadcast has started...is anyone else watching?? (I'm feeling a little lonely here... Sad, Lonely )
Where to watch?
Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011   Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2011 3:09 am

supportmaoasada wrote:
Batsuchan wrote:
Where to watch?

On Keyhole TV (you can download the program here http://www.v2p.jp/video/english/ ), and scroll all the way down to find Fuji TV = フジテレビ. flower
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011   Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011 - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next