Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011

Go down 
+35
leo
Ken Himura
Afsfan
Eris
dangerous_angel_face
supportmaoasada
illani
bibi
maowataiyo
babayaga
sapphiresky
haruka25
Spacey
inspiration*
Alokya
polosatik
kaarolcia
ashcroft1086
kenkyo
MaoChan756
Okami
Haidogirl
shikure
Mao_Asada_sunrise
☆Genie
linglang
bellarina
purplemaze
emmie
ddmm
roma
josling
zarinaballerina
ballerinamao
Batsuchan
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011   Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 5:36 am

purplemaze wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:
Any news about the press conference?

They just showed a very short clip of her at the press conference on the 9 pm short news.

She was already wearing a black suit jacket and had put on a very light make-up. Her hair was up in a bun, and smiled more than once. She said that she will do her best to give a good performance. I think we will have more news later in the paper about the press conference and what was asked to her by the media. They also showed a clip of her doing a beautiful 2A3T combi Smile and was reportedly seen practicing her LP mostly today at practice. I will try to be up until the late evening news on Sporto, and hopefully more news and clips will follow.

Purplemaze thank you!

I'm happy to hear that she smiled at the press conference and I can't wait to see the clip of her gorgeous 2A-3T. cheers

Edit: kaarolcia the video is working for me, but it takes a while to start playing. how I wish I'd understand japanese...
Dance at her 2A-3T combo. It's amazing! i still can't believe her 3T is even higher than her already high 2A. Love Hearts
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011   Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 6:06 am

except for the axel her jumps look great, thaanks for all the practice clips so far... can't wait to see her, will be interesting to see if Mao has changed her FS dress.. i really think it's time for Mao to have changed it!

and i rewatched the practice clips where mao attempts the two 3A and for me the second one where she began rotating was fully rotated through the landing was a bit scratchy.
Back to top Go down
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
ddmm

PostSubject: Re: Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011   Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 7:19 am

I also saw Mao in the 9pm news and was amazed when I heard her saying that she never thought about skipping the nationals. She said she has been very busy since her mom passed away but when she realized there was only one week left before nationals, she thought she should go back practising asap.
What a strong girl! her mom must be very proud of her.
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011   Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 7:22 am

Thanks everyone for the clips!!! Mao looks so pure and beautiful Wub her jumps are great, 3a seems just off , but I guess it's a nerves reason, you know. TAT always talk that quad and triple axel are that type of big jumps, where you need a very high concentration, not only a good shape.
This girl is the biggest inspiration for me, I'll be praying for her to do well!! She's the best person in the world, seriously!! Love
Back to top Go down
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
ddmm

PostSubject: Re: Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011   Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 7:26 am

polosatik wrote:
Thanks everyone for the clips!!! Mao looks so pure and beautiful Wub her jumps are great, 3a seems just off , but I guess it's a nerves reason, you know. TAT always talk that quad and triple axel are that type of big jumps, where you need a very high concentration, not only a good shape.
This girl is the biggest inspiration for me, I'll be praying for her to do well!! She's the best person in the world, seriously!! Love

I second what you said Polosatik. She's my inspiration too. I wish I could be strong like Mao.
Back to top Go down
emmie

emmie

PostSubject: Re: Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011   Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 7:42 am

Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011   Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 7:45 am

ddmm wrote:
polosatik wrote:

I second what you said Polosatik. She's my inspiration too. I wish I could be strong like Mao.
Absolutely, today at my final exam, when one stupid lady tried to make me fail, didn't even made me say a word and I got not the best, but the good mark(4 out of 5). I was soo mad, and I with my friend were talking about it, and when she suddenly asked how Mao is( we haven't seen each other for a while), I just stopped and said" her mom died". And I realized how creepy I'm , ranting about such a silly thing, when Mao lost her mom and doing all the best, skating, fighting. I felt really low. Mao is so special, it's just unbelievable.
Back to top Go down
purplemaze
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
purplemaze

PostSubject: Re: Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011   Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 8:38 am

Mao will skate as no.27 in the sp, order will be Kanako (2nd to the last group), Haruka, Mao, then Akiko in that order for the last group.

Sporto showed the practice and press conference with no cut. She was asked by Fuji media on when did she officially practice after her Mother's passing, she said she started to really practice for Nationals last 13th of December only. Love what she said last that it's not the scores, standings, or final finish result, but that she could give her utmost best to be able to give and show people a good performance. So Mao! Love Hearts

kaarolcia wrote:
Purplemaze, could you please check out this link?
http://www.fnn-news.com/news/headlines/articles/CONN00214112.html
I think it may be a summary of the press conference (but google translator failed miserably) and the video is, I think, geoblocked for me.

Yup that was the same short clip they showed over at 9pm evening news.
Thank you for finding the link kaarolcia. (^-^)/

@zarinaballerina, you're welcome! (^-^)/ i love that 2A3T too!
But what really made me more glad was to see her smiling. . . I hope she will continue to be better, not only in this competition, but succeed in all her coming plans and endeavors.
Back to top Go down
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
shikure

PostSubject: Re: Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011   Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 8:41 am

http://japanskates.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=400#400 interview including Dai, Taka, Yuzuru, Mao, Kanako, Akko and Haruka-chan. (finally they remembered Haruka once)
Back to top Go down
bellarina
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
bellarina

PostSubject: Re: Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011   Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 12:19 pm

I was a bit worried when looking at the initial clips, but now I'm relieved after seeing the longer ones - it's a huge relief to see her genuinely smile, not the tight small smile she gave to the media when she entered the rink. And it's amazing to see a huge genuine smile on her face while skating (in the clip that shows a couple seconds of Liebestraume) - maybe she's happiest when she's on the ice?

Agree with Mao on this - it's not about the standings or scores at all. The most important thing is for Mao to feel satisfied at the end of the day with what she did. Smile

Her jumps look great, and you can't tell she only started practicing on the 13th. That 2A-3T in particular was MASSIVE!

If someone could translate the press conference that would be amazing! Wub
Back to top Go down
MaoChan756
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
MaoChan756

PostSubject: Re: Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011   Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 12:30 pm

In which clip does Mao jump the 2A-3T?
I can't seem to spot it...Sad
Back to top Go down
bellarina
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
bellarina

PostSubject: Re: Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011   Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 12:42 pm

MaoChan756 wrote:
In which clip does Mao jump the 2A-3T?
I can't seem to spot it...Sad
It's in the video on this site: http://www.fnn-news.com/news/headlines/articles/CONN00214112.html
Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011   Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 1:51 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:

I also thought she mentioned yuna at 2:36...

I went back and checked in case I missed something.. Sweatdrop

Mao is talking about how the arrangement of "Scheherazade" she is using is different/unique, and she says that with all the "tin tin" [bell] and "takatakataka" [drum?] sounds, it's slightly different, and allows her to put on a cute expression, and a kimyou expression = strange/exotic expression. She says 'kimyou na hyoujou' = 奇妙な表情 , which does sound pretty much like "Kimu Yona," which is how the Japanese pronounce Yu-Na's name! Yep!

So mystery solved! flower

Mao looked a little tired (big bags under her eyes) and a little subdued pale , but her jumps were in amazing condition! cheers The 2A-3T was beautiful, and the 3Lz looked pretty cleanly outside edge to me!! Thumbs up!

Gosh the Fuji TV announcers are annoying though...they clearly have no idea which jumps are which but they are trying to tell us what is going on... Very Mad

Ok, I'm gonna translate the press conference interview now... Escape
Back to top Go down
http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011   Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 2:20 pm

Ok, so based on the video here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rDxJqYT6u4

And the transcript here:
http://japanskates.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=400#400

I have to say, Mao's strength and composure are unbelievable!! Worship

I guess Mao expected that the media would mention her mother, and I was expecting them to do so as well to try to draw some tears, but Mao never wavered! (See 3:20 in the video) If it were me, I definitely would be tearing up by that point! Yep, Sadly

Ok, so the interview:

--About the ice at Namihaya Dome
When I started skating, it wasn't bad. I think my condition will improve day by day.
--About her decision to skate at Japan Nationals [this is the part where they mentioned her mother's unfortunate condition]
After returning home from the Final, I was very busy, and I didn't have any time to think about the competition, but after things calmed down a bit and I thought about it, I thought, "There's only 1 week until Nationals!" and "Ah, I have to practice!" So I never thought about missing the competition.
--What kinds of words of encouragement did your family and friends give you?
"Try your best" or "But, you are already trying your best, so you don't have to try so hard." (Laughs). But the phrase "Same as always" is the most important phrase for me right now.
--When did you start practicing again?
I started practicing again on the 13th, but I had taken many days off, so I started off slowly. Over the past week, I practiced the same things I have always practiced up until now.
--Please tell us about your strategy with the triple axel
It's not a 'strategy' at all, but today, tomorrow and the day after tomorrow, I plan to practice with all my might, evaluate how my condition is, and then face the competition.
--Have you decided whether you will do the 3A at this point?
I haven't decided.
--The goal for Nationals
My #1 goal is to give a better performance than I gave during the GP series. I will try my best to bring out all the power I have without making mistakes. It's the last competition this year, so I want to finish with a good performance. I'm not going to think about the result or the points or the placement/ranking, I just want to give the best performance I can give right now, and try my best to show many people a good performance.

Mushy Love She's so strong...

GOO MAO! flower

And while I'm at it, here's what Nobuo-sensei said, from the Japanskates page:

--About Asada after you returned from the GPF
"After you feel better, let's try our best."--I said that short phrase only once. We have been practicing as we always have up to now, for 3 hours and 30/40 minutes. I'm trying hard to do everything "the same as always."
--About the jump "strategy"
Her jumps have improved a little bit from what she's already done in the competitions, but we are not doing anything special for this competition in particular.
--The goal for Nationals
It's always the same, but I think she will be happiest if she brings out all the power she currently has. We are not aiming for a certain rank/placement at all. This is the coaching style I have decided on from a long time ago.

This reminded me that it must be pretty tough for Nobuo-sensei too! (Go Team Sato!! Cheering )

In the video clips, I saw Kumiko-sensei, and Reiko Ogawa (from the JSF) and Mao's manager, and I was reminded that Mao has many Aunty/grandma figures who are probably giving her lots of support! Yep!

Do your best Mao and don't worry about anything else!!! Cheering Cheering
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011   Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 3:35 pm

Batsuchan thank you so much for translating press conference! Worship Rockstar

And also thanks for explaining "kimu yona" confusion. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011   Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 4:15 pm

hey does anyone have another link that shows Mao's other practice clips where she attempts the 2A-3T cause the other clip was not working for me!

I am so glad to see that Mao is in good condition and i also am glad to hear that Mao focuses on her performance instead of the placement, beause that will help her keep her nerves under control, and she does what she is supposed to the results will come automatically!
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011   Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 4:24 pm

ballerinamao wrote:
hey does anyone have another link that shows Mao's other practice clips where she attempts the 2A-3T cause the other clip was not working for me!

I am so glad to see that Mao is in good condition and i also am glad to hear that Mao focuses on her performance instead of the placement, beause that will help her keep her nerves under control, and she does what she is supposed to the results will come automatically!

Man, that's weird, it doesn't work for me either. in the afternoon it worked fine, now nothing... scratch

I think this link was the only one showing her AMAZING 2A-3T.
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011   Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 4:44 pm

now I become even more curious zarinaballerina
Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011   Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 5:17 pm

ballerinamao wrote:

Try this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oavCmJx4IWw

They keep showing the same clips over and over again, but the first 2A-3T is at 1:30.

Beautiful! flower (Ok, I'll admit that Mao could have a little more flow coming out of the 3T, but it's so light and airy! I love you )
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011   Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 6:15 pm

thaaanks batsuchan, it was nice to see Mao practicing her other jumps, and they really it looked good...

I don't know if it just me but it seemed to me like mao changed her intrance to the 2a-3t from before, i'm not sure and we will probably be able to confirm it when she does it in the competition.. or maybe it's because of the angle that Mao was taken doing the combo!
Back to top Go down
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
shikure

PostSubject: Re: Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011   Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 7:20 pm

shikure wrote:
http://japanskates.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=400#400 interview including Dai, Taka, Yuzuru, Mao, Kanako, Akko and Haruka-chan. (finally they remembered Haruka once)

since there will be official practice today and tomorrow, I think Mao's status will be getting better as she believes.
hope there will be other clips for official practice.

I decided to translate interesting part of the interview of each skaters.

Taka, there are two interesting parts in the interview.

調子が良すぎるから、今日壁にぶつかりましたけど。(笑) スピードが出過ぎるので。
he was joking that "(he is ) in good shape and maybe too good so he hit the wall during practice since he skated too fast"

- 靴のトラブルについて
靴が合わなかったから、ということではなく、靴が合わないために練習があまり出来なかった→それで自信につながらなかった、という悪い連鎖がありました。その連鎖を断ち切ったので、そこの不安はなくなったと思っています

about the skates issue, he said he thought the vicious circle that -->skates didn't fit him well--> can't practice due to the skates issue--> lose confidence since he felt he can't practice. once he stopped the vicious circle then he won't feel uncomfortable.

Dai about quad

- 4回転について
練習で、確率も上がっていますが… トゥループに関しては、あまり信用出来ないので。(笑)

he felt that the percentage he can land 4T increase. but when things come about quad, he can't trust about that (laugh) but he will try that in practice and decide if he is going to put that in SP and FS.

Yuruzu

- 全日本での目標
表彰台に上りたいな、というのと、世界選手権の切符が取りたいな、という思いがあります。ただ、織田信成選手が欠場してしまって、そこがすごく残念だな、と思います。やっぱり、「三強」と戦って、自分の順位を見たかった、というのもありますし、それによって もっともっと、課題も見つかったと思うので。…すごく残念です!

goal for national championship
he wants to be on podium and go to worlds. but it's pity that Oda is not around since he want to fight with the "top 3" and see where is his actual position.

kanako

ネイルがすごく素敵ですよ。どちらの衣装に合わせているのでしょう?
ハイッ!両方で。(笑)

(looks like she has good nail art ) figer nails are pretty. which costume you are matching with?

kanko: yes, both costumes.

Akko

- ショートの3-3の種類について
まだ、考えていません。(笑) コーチからは、「…この試合は、どういう試合か、分かっているよね?」と言われているので。(笑) 自分の気持ちが最優先だけれども、公式練習からコーチと話し合って。

what kind of 3-3 in SP

not think about that yet (laugh) coach said "you know what kind of competition this is, right?"-->(means it's very important ) (laugh) but i will follow my heart and discuss with my coach during official practice.

Haruka
アメリカでの練習
ペースが分かってきたので。やっと、環境にも慣れて、練習に集中出来ているかな、と思います。オフに筋力トレーニングをして、大分体力もついてきたかな、と。出かけに、アリッサやジェレミー、アダムとかに、「がんばって来てね」とハグされて来ました!(コーチの佐藤有香さんとジェイソン・ダンジェンさんの役割分担についてSmile 有香先生は、振付やジャンプ、ジェイソンはジャンプとスピン、という感じです。(先生達からなにか言われて来ましたか?Smile いつも言われるのですが、「スピン(の回転数)数えてね!」って。(笑)

practice in states

knowing the pace now and get used to the environment then can focus on practice. she did strength training during off and has more stamina. and when she finished that Alissa, jeremy and adam said "good job" and hug her. for now, yuka is responsible for her choreography and jump. Jason is responsible for jump and spin. what coaches also tell her is "remember to count during spin" (laugh)

Last edited by shikure on Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bellarina
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
bellarina

PostSubject: Re: Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011   Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 7:34 pm

Aw, it's a shame the link isn't working because that 2A-3T was probably the best one I've seen her do. It's not the same one that's in the link Batsuchan posted unfortunately Sad

Also her lutz is getting better and better. It's on its way. I think she'll have a true lutz very soon (and we did in fact see one from her in a warmup- I forget if it was during NHK or COR?)
Back to top Go down
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
shikure

PostSubject: Re: Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011   Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 8:07 pm

http://hochi.yomiuri.co.jp/osaka/sports/article/news/20111223-OHO1T00008.htm
just saw the news ...uh...the agency stopped media to ask Taka about Mao

hope media can stop asking everyone about Mao... Mad
Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011   Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 9:07 pm

bellarina wrote:
Aw, it's a shame the link isn't working because that 2A-3T was probably the best one I've seen her do. It's not the same one that's in the link Batsuchan posted unfortunately Sad

Also her lutz is getting better and better. It's on its way. I think she'll have a true lutz very soon (and we did in fact see one from her in a warmup- I forget if it was during NHK or COR?)

What about this one, at around 0:33?
http://www.fnn-news.com/news/headlines/articles/CONN00214131.html

I think it was at NHK Trophy where she did a true lutz in the warm-up. I didn't see it, but Yutaka-san mentioned it when he interviewed Mao and Akiko... I love you

@ shikure - thanks for the link! flower

When they asked him about Mao, Taka-chan said "It's Nationals, so ask me about it later."

Ooooh, being very protective of Mao!! Yep! I like it!! Too sweet! Many Hearts
Back to top Go down
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011   Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 10:20 pm

Sorry for getting the topic slightly off Mao, but what is the full schedule for nationals? Men, Pairs, Dance, Women? And I assume that the Reeds are not going to get to go to Worlds as they aren't at Nationals?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011   Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next