Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Skate Canada 2012

Go down 
+19
Alokya
Lady_in_black
princessinpink
shar
swan
kitty
MaoChan756
Abdiel
ddmm
kenkyo
ElleluvsL
babayaga
Star85
ballerinamao
PochinkoPotanko
polosatik
Mao2012
zarinaballerina
roma
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

Skate Canada 2012 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada 2012   Skate Canada 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 2:43 pm

polosatik wrote:
Ladies short program just finished,what can i say. Elene really deserved her 1st place, huge improvement! Huge 3lz-3t, little dirty spots in steps and 3 sal but overall great performance. Osmond, nothing special, just good jumps and...Canadian. Ksusha, if only you did that 2 axel!!! The program is magical! Skating was gorgeous ...and Akiko, don't like program, don't like skating. Today she was heavy and slow. Well, I guess it's all jet lag hope she will recover at FS! Liza too)

I saw the score at ISU page, Osmond's PCS is kind of high. scratch
Eurosport 2 decided to show us some Bundesliga games (german footbal) instead of the scheduled (according to teletext) ladies short, Mad so I couldn't watch it. Depressed Crying What happened to Liza, did she fall on 3Lo? I saw she received -1 for a fall. I'm really happy for Elene, come on girl, bring it in the LP! cheers
Back to top Go down
kenkyo
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
kenkyo

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada 2012   Skate Canada 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 2:52 pm

liza fell on the second 3T of her 3T-3T combination
Back to top Go down
kenkyo
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
kenkyo

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada 2012   Skate Canada 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 2:53 pm

Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada 2012   Skate Canada 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 3:01 pm

kenkyo, thank you for answering, and for posting the links! Thank you! Daisies for you
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada 2012   Skate Canada 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 3:24 pm

hey guys what happened, how did the girls score and who is leading and how are the standings right now, wasn't able to watch this competition since eurosport didn't air it live
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada 2012   Skate Canada 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 3:31 pm

ballerinamao wrote:
hey guys what happened, how did the girls score and who is leading and how are the standings right now, wasn't able to watch this competition since eurosport didn't air it live

Here are the standings after the short:

http://www.isuresults.com/results/gpcan2012/SEG003.HTM

kenkyo posted some links, if you cklick on the user he/she has uploaded the whole ladies and pairs short program.
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada 2012   Skate Canada 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 4:04 pm

thaanks sooo much for the link zarinaballerina, i think i just wanted to confirm that it's elene that was leading,never would have expected this results, and i have to say her imprevement on her jumps and spins and even her extention and speed as improved a alot, i almost didn't recognise her if only looking at her skating. what an event this is really a big rise for her, and it's nice to see her have some succes, hope she will be able tokeep the momentum and her nerves under control during the free skate.

i liked akikos program and i think this style really fits her, i am kind of surprised to see her placement but all the scores are really close, so the freeskate could be the turning point at this event.

lizas program was good,and she did her things nicely with the exception of the fall.her program is just not memorable, and the choreography is filled with content that doesn't go that well with the music, i think they kind of exagerated with all the movement she got in between the elements....

can't wait to see the rest of the ladies program. especially kanako i hope that she will be able to medal at thís event.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada 2012   Skate Canada 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 4:11 pm

ballerinamao wrote:
thaanks sooo much for the link zarinaballerina, i think i just wanted to confirm that it's elene that was leading,never would have expected this results, and i have to say her imprevement on her jumps and spins and even her extention and speed as improved a alot, i almost didn't recognise her if only looking at her skating. what an event this is really a big rise for her, and it's nice to see her have some succes, hope she will be able tokeep the momentum and her nerves under control during the free skate.

I agree, she really improved in the time she's been with Brian. I too hope so much, she'll be able to somehow keep the nerves under control and have an awesome free tomorrow. How great would it be if she'll manage to pull a win. cheers Maybe then, the judges will start giving her the scores she deserves.
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada 2012   Skate Canada 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 8:11 pm

Whoa! Just saw the results. Whatever happened to the hyped Gracie vs Liza here? Too bad about Kanako and Akiko. What happened to Kanako's 3T+3T? That used to be a very consistent jump for her. But happy for Elene. She was already showing huge improvements last season since transferring to Orser. Now it seems she's getting even better. Kaetlyn seems to be the only one who didn't get negative in the protocols and got quite a high PCS.

For the men, congrats to Javi! Wow! Orser's students are really making strides. PChan in second with that jump content? Suspect Based on practices his SP choreo is really good but the world champion doing no quad, messy 3A and only a 3T+3T is such a scratch I'm wondering now if he did this kind of performance not in Canada, will he still get the same high score? Oh, and I remember now that while watching him do his SP practice I can't help but feel he was channeling Jeremy Abbott. I guess it's a program that will fit Jeremy very well also. And Oda, well done, Nobu! Glad you went for the 4T+3T! I hope he gets even better in the FS so he can also improve on his PCS. That seems to be the case this season...
----

Protocols

Ladies: http://www.isuresults.com/results/gpcan2012/gpcan2012_Ladies_SP_Scores.pdf
Men: http://www.isuresults.com/results/gpcan2012/gpcan2012_Men_SP_Scores.pdf
Pairs: http://www.isuresults.com/results/gpcan2012/gpcan2012_Pairs_SP_Scores.pdf
Ice Dance: http://www.isuresults.com/results/gpcan2012/gpcan2012_IceDance_SD_Scores.pdf

Whoa! Ice Dance seems so close! only .01 difference between V/M and Cappellini/Lanotte!
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada 2012   Skate Canada 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 2:31 am

roma wrote:
Whoa! Just saw the results. Whatever happened to the hyped Gracie vs Liza here? Too bad about Kanako and Akiko. What happened to Kanako's 3T+3T? That used to be a very consistent jump for her. But happy for Elene. She was already showing huge improvements last season since transferring to Orser. Now it seems she's getting even better. Kaetlyn seems to be the only one who didn't get negative in the protocols and got quite a high PCS.

For the men, congrats to Javi! Wow! Orser's students are really making strides. PChan in second with that jump content? Suspect Based on practices his SP choreo is really good but the world champion doing no quad, messy 3A and only a 3T+3T is such a scratch I'm wondering now if he did this kind of performance not in Canada, will he still get the same high score? Oh, and I remember now that while watching him do his SP practice I can't help but feel he was channeling Jeremy Abbott. I guess it's a program that will fit Jeremy very well also. And Oda, well done, Nobu! Glad you went for the 4T+3T! I hope he gets even better in the FS so he can also improve on his PCS. That seems to be the case this season...
----

Protocols

Ladies: http://www.isuresults.com/results/gpcan2012/gpcan2012_Ladies_SP_Scores.pdf
Pairs: http://www.isuresults.com/results/gpcan2012/gpcan2012_Pairs_SP_Scores.pdf
Ice Dance: http://www.isuresults.com/results/gpcan2012/gpcan2012_IceDance_SD_Scores.pdf

Whoa! Ice Dance seems so close! only .01 difference between V/M and Cappellini/Lanotte!

Thanks for the protocol links, roma. I'm okay with the mens results, except for Pattie over Nobu. Javier wasn't that much appealing to me as I thought he would be, but him being in 1st is fine. Nobu might not have delivered the best performance in his life sure, but he did succed a 4-3 and didn't make that much mistakes as Pattie. And today, Pattie didn't have his usual confidence in him; which didn't make him shine that much even in his steps. But comparing to JO, I think Pattie is recovering more or less from his bad condition. The problem is, he seems too nervous and tense. Had Pattie skated with all his confidence or arrogance or whatever, I wouldn't have minded much if the judges scored him higher than Nobu, cause I don't think Nobu was shining with passion and confidence either; he was skating pretty cautiously I think, and you can't blame him for being like that after his injuries and absence. But if both their performances weren't all that great, the one who proved better skills should rank higher. Too much of a homeground and reputation boost in SC...yes, SC again! Rolling Eyes

As for ladies...first of all I'm truely happy for Elene! Seems she got UR for her 3Lz+3T, but I really admired her for not just landing them but for challenging them. I was pretty much disappointed at SA when Ashley chose the easy way and did only a 3-2. I'm pleased that a skater who went for a much harder jump got to be in 1st place. Orser really is a spectacular coach when it comes to jumps! I think Amodio should go to him next season. But other than Elene, I thought the other girls were just so so. They all skated pretty well for the beginning of the season I think, but IMO...Osmond is no Canadian version of Christina Gao at SA. Osmond delivered well, no doubt, but she seemed a bit sloppy here and there. But I think the judges want to make her a Canadian Gao in this competition...we'll have to see how that goes according to her FP. Neutral

Now there are some things which has been bothering me since SA...one thing is that too many girls are only doing 3T-3T or just some combination of 3-2s. As for skaters like Liza and Ksenia, since I've heard that their conditions aren't so good, that's understandable. But for some of the other top class ladies or those who should be going for more than T-T combos by now; and I'm including our Akiko and Kanako...I'd like them to challenge more difficult combos. I know it's not that easy and that it's very risky, but seeing Elene's 3Lz+3T and Gracie going for a 3F+3T, is IMO enough proof that it's not impossible. The other thing that bothers me, is that because of the new latter half jump bonus rule, more and more guys are gonnna be jumping a single quad in the beginning, and do a 3-3 of some kind in the latter half. But I'd like to see more 4-3s rather than 3-3s. Of course if you can put 2 single quads in the pro like Yuzuru, I have no complaints. But the only guys who went for a 4-3 so far are Nobu, Pattie and probabaly Gachinski (just guessing). Not sure which is harder for a skater to do; a 4-3 in the first half, or a 3-3 in the latter half...but I'd miss 4-3 combos if everyone stopped jumping them alot! No

Lastly, I'd like to note that I was so proud and happy on how Denis skated today! He nailed a quad, might've made some mistakes, but his steps where so powerful couldn't get my eyes off him even for a second. He was so connected to the music, and it was clear he gave it all he can do. I sent him a message through Facebook yesterday, and told him that our Mao once said that even in the most worst of her conditions, she has never entered a competition without the motivation to win, and that I want him to do the same even if Pattie's there or however the odds are. I not to care about the judges or scores, but just focus on being confident about himself and adapt to the music, which is one of the things I think he does the best. And he performed today just as I hoped he would. A bit worried about his stamina in FP, but still wishing he might make the podium! Cheering
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada 2012   Skate Canada 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 5:08 am

roma wrote:

----

Protocols

Gracie had two falls, well 1 fall and 1 almost fall (alla Patrick at 4CC when he put down everything but his butt on the ice, Rolling Eyes to me this is still a fall). She looked quite crushed in the K&C.

I must admit I haven't seen the men's short yet, but how the heck does Patrick get this score with such "low" jump content?! Mad I hope that if he does this kind of performance outside Canada, he will NOT get such a high score. Come on Javi, bring it in the free!!! cheers Worship

And I agree, wow for the short dance score! Are the Italians also being coached by Igor (part time)? We all now who's going to win, but it's nice that the judges aren't overscoring the Cnadians. Yep!

PochinkoPotanko wrote:
I sent him a message through Facebook yesterday, and told him that our Mao once said that even in the most worst of her conditions, she has never entered a competition without the motivation to win, and that I want him to do the same even if Pattie's there or however the odds are. I not to care about the judges or scores, but just focus on being confident about himself and adapt to the music, which is one of the things I think he does the best.

Owww, that's really nice from you. flower I'm sure he'll appreciate it, and I absolutely agree with you on this. I wish more skaters would do this.
Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada 2012   Skate Canada 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 8:16 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
PochinkoPotanko wrote:
I sent him a message through Facebook yesterday, and told him that our Mao once said that even in the most worst of her conditions, she has never entered a competition without the motivation to win, and that I want him to do the same even if Pattie's there or however the odds are. I not to care about the judges or scores, but just focus on being confident about himself and adapt to the music, which is one of the things I think he does the best.

Owww, that's really nice from you. flower I'm sure he'll appreciate it, and I absolutely agree with you on this. I wish more skaters would do this.

Thanks zarina! Denis is such a polite nice guy. He even sends messages back to me sometimes! I think alot of us in Jpn noticed his potentials eversince he appeared in an ice show here when he was much younger. And since there were alot of photos of him and Mao together, and Mao said once he's like a little brother, I thought he must be a good kid even then. Denis also said in an interview that he respects Mao very much because she's very dedicated to the sport and trains so much. He even said he sometimes feels uneasy seeing her practice, because it makes him feel like he's not practicing enough.

Skate Canada 2012 - Page 2 Screenhunter01oct272312

Skate Canada 2012 - Page 2 201105%2F13%2F79%2Fd0052679_17185591

Skate Canada 2012 - Page 2 Mao5221

Wow, they've both grown so much (not Evan, he was already grown...)! Many Hearts

But I'm also worried about Denis sometimes...he's representing his country almost all alone (I thought there was one more other skater from Kazakhstan but haven't seen him much in competitions lately), living abroad. Since our skaters usually have somebody other than him/her from Jpn in competitions, Denis seems like a lone wolf to me. There are of course others like him, but since he's the first one in his country to make it this far, I really want him to know he has fans like me in other countries who support him as well. Yep!
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada 2012   Skate Canada 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 9:01 am

Does anyone have any live streams for SC? Stupid eurosport2 is showing Bundesliga football (soccer) again. Very Mad

And Pochi thanks for the pics. Does Denis speak japanese or are they conversing in english (which Mao isn't very good at Razz ).
Back to top Go down
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
ddmm

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada 2012   Skate Canada 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 9:22 am

I am also another Denis fan. I like his skating and sometime feel bad for him because he's been struggling for quite some time now.Is he still with TAT ? as the only skater representing his country (or maybe there are others), maybe he doesn't get enough support financially ? I wish him all the best. And me too, I want him to know that there are Mao fans out there who are also his fans.

Also looking for live streams for SC. What time is it starting ? any practice reports ?
I acutally want Nobu to win this time. Just for him to be able to celebrate his comeback.

Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada 2012   Skate Canada 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 9:27 am

ddmm wrote:
I am also another Denis fan. I like his skating and sometime feel bad for him because he's been struggling for quite some time now.Is he still with TAT ? as the only skater representing his country (or maybe there are others), maybe he doesn't get enough support financially ? I wish him all the best. And me too, I want him to know that there are Mao fans out there who are also his fans.

Also looking for live streams for SC. What time is it starting ? any practice reports ?
I acutally want Nobu to win this time. Just for him to be able to celebrate his comeback.

Denis is with Frank Carrol as aprimary coach and with Aratunian. I think this is his second season with them. Personally I want Javi to win and Elene (go girl! Cheering ) with Nobu grabbing the silver and I hope Liza is going to have a great skate and will win a medal, but I'm affraid she's not physically there yet. Depressed Crying well, better coming off an injury and growth spurt now than next year.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada 2012   Skate Canada 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 9:36 am

Liza got 112.90 for her free, it looks like she fell and owerall score is 168, she's currently in first. Hopefully it's enough for a medal.

Eurosport is showing 2 group! Dance thank you! Worship
Back to top Go down
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
ddmm

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada 2012   Skate Canada 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 9:47 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
ddmm wrote:

Denis is with Frank Carrol as aprimary coach and with Aratunian. I think this is his second season with them. Personally I want Javi to win and Elene (go girl! Cheering ) with Nobu grabbing the silver and I hope Liza is going to have a great skate and will win a medal, but I'm affraid she's not physically there yet. Depressed Crying well, better coming off an injury and growth spurt now than next year.

Thanks for the info about Denis.

Where do you watch live ? any live stream ?
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada 2012   Skate Canada 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 9:48 am

@ddmm No, eurosport is showing it live on TV.
Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada 2012   Skate Canada 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 9:49 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
Does anyone have any live streams for SC? Stupid eurosport2 is showing Bundesliga football (soccer) again. Very Mad

And Pochi thanks for the pics. Does Denis speak japanese or are they conversing in english (which Mao isn't very good at Razz ).

They're probabaly speaking in English...Denis speaks good English. As for Mao... Sweatdrop

Btw, is there any live streamings for SC ladies at the moment???I've been searching for one myself but no luck... Bawling

It seems Liza did better than her SP, thank god! But hmmm...her scores aren't that good? Yep, Sadly
I like her skating alot...hope she gets over physical growth changes!

Sorry for Caroline too. I'm not much of a fan when it comes to her skating, but that girl has guts which I totally admire! Drama!

Hope Akiko and Kanako can skate better than their SPs! Cheering
But I'd be happy if Elene won this one! Yep!
Back to top Go down
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
ddmm

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada 2012   Skate Canada 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 9:52 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
@ddmm No, eurosport is showing it live on TV.

oh no... Sad

Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada 2012   Skate Canada 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 9:56 am

Some were putting up hahasports streams but I saw tennis instead a while ago. even if I got a working stream my connection won't let me enjoy it so I guess I'll be waiting for YT uploads. Hopefully they'll be uploaded real soon.
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada 2012   Skate Canada 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 9:57 am

Liza's Free Skate: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBjkvX0rrGk

Akiko currently 1st and Kanako 2nd with 3 more to skate. I think Kanako got dinged with some URs and maybe edge calls. Low TES.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada 2012   Skate Canada 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 10:05 am

Akiko has a medal! ksenia had many mistakes. is she injured? She has something taped on her left butt cheek, it looks like a tiny cushion.

Osmond next and then Elene. Come on Elene! You can do it girl! Cheering
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada 2012   Skate Canada 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 10:07 am

Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada 2012   Skate Canada 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 10:10 am

roma wrote:
Kanako's Free Skate: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAHOn_-3ULU
Akiko's Free Skate: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmi_c_mDgA8

Thank you so much for the links roma! Thank you!

I've given up on searching for live stream... Faint2
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada 2012   Skate Canada 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Skate Canada 2012
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next