Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Skate Canada 2012

Go down 
+19
Alokya
Lady_in_black
princessinpink
shar
swan
kitty
MaoChan756
Abdiel
ddmm
kenkyo
ElleluvsL
babayaga
Star85
ballerinamao
PochinkoPotanko
polosatik
Mao2012
zarinaballerina
roma
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

Skate Canada 2012 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada 2012   Skate Canada 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 10:15 am

Kaetlyn's score is up and she's ahead of Akiko overall. Can't believe she almost got the same PCS (59.61) as Akiko (59.82).

Akiko's PCS: 59.82 7.57 (SS) 7.25 (TR) 7.57 (PE) 7.43 (CH) 7.57 (IN)
Kaetlyn's PCS: 59.61 7.32 (SS) 7.25 (TR) 7.61 (PE) 7.46 (CH) 7.61 (IN)

She even beat Akiko in PE, CH and IN. scratch

Kaetlyn's FS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFLKtNhOLAc

Akiko and Kanako got silver and bronze!

Pl. Name Nation Points SP FS
1 Kaetlyn OSMOND CAN
176.45 2 2
2 Akiko SUZUKI JPN
175.16 5 1
3 Kanako MURAKAMI JPN
168.04 4 4
4 Elizaveta TUKTAMYSHEVA RUS
168.00 6 3
5 Elene GEDEVANISHVILI GEO
160.52 1 5
6 Ksenia MAKAROVA RUS
154.11 3 9
7 Gracie GOLD USA
151.57 9 6
8 Amelie LACOSTE CAN
151.44 7 7
9 Caroline ZHANG USA
149.87 8 8
10 Polina SHELEPEN RUS
124.29 10 10

Last edited by roma on Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada 2012   Skate Canada 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 10:24 am

Ok, ISU should really consider taking a grand prix competition away from Canada. This is beyond ridiculous. Osmond wins, with 59 PCS?!!!!! Evil or Very Mad Very Mad 115 something in the free?!!! Elene made mistakes and judges lowballed her 99 something points, they should've done the same to Osmond, a higher score then Elene, but nowhere near to what she's actually got. Akiko WAS ROBBED.

Is Osmond competing at another GP? it would be interesting to see how she'd score there, because I don't think, she'd receive this kind of score for such performance as she showed here. Ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
Abdiel
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada 2012   Skate Canada 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 10:28 am

What happened to Elene? 99.72 for FS with 1 fall? She's in 5th. Kaetlyn Osmond won by ~1.00 point.
And Akiko?!

I really must see Ms. Osmond's skating. And the protocols.

On the bright side, both Akiko and Kanako medalled! Woot!
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada 2012   Skate Canada 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 10:29 am

Abdiel, I posted Kaetlyn's FS above. Sky high PCS even with a fall.

Elene's FS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1FTlGCow-8
Back to top Go down
Abdiel
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada 2012   Skate Canada 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 10:33 am

Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada 2012   Skate Canada 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 10:34 am

After Osmond scores I was like..WTF???????? 59 in PCS,sorry are you kidding me???????? That's what you get when Canadian skates in Canada. I have no words. Evil or Very Mad Mad Very Mad

Last edited by polosatik on Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada 2012   Skate Canada 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 10:35 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
Ok, ISU should really consider taking a grand prix competition away from Canada. This is beyond ridiculous. Osmond wins, with 59 PCS?!!!!! 115 something in the free?!!! Elene made mistakes and judges lowballed her 99 something points, they should've done the same to Osmond, a higher score then Elene, but nowhere near to what she's actually got. Akiko WAS ROBBED.

Ditto! Osmond's jumps were quite sloppy...I think they overscored her in both SP & FP. As I've mentioned before, she is no Canadian version of Gao. Can't possibly believe they gave her the gold for those wobbly jumps and sloppy skating in FP! Mad

I'm sorry but SC has really overdone it again! I feel so sorry to all the non-Canadian skaters who were assigned to this competiton. Akiko may not have been perfect, but the quality of everything she did was much much better than Osmond. What is it with the judges when it comes to SC!? Very Mad

Whatever happened, I feel so sorry for Elene...off to see her FP. No
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada 2012   Skate Canada 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 10:36 am

Abdiel wrote:
What happened to Elene? 99.72 for FS with 1 fall? She's in 5th. Kaetlyn Osmond won by ~1.00 point.
And Akiko?!

I really must see Ms. Osmond's skating. And the protocols.

On the bright side, both Akiko and Kanako medalled! Woot!

No wonder for those sky high PCS they had to somehow place her above Akiko. I watch SC every year and every year I get pissed at the judging. IMO, they are going to lose the integrity if these kind of judging keeps up. people are already calling Skate America, Scam America. I wonder what they'll call SC, other then Skate Chanada.
Back to top Go down
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
ddmm

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada 2012   Skate Canada 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 10:39 am

Congratulations to the winners!

Well, what can I say. They are good in promoting their skaters and I was expecting this. JOannie is not here and they need a new star. Wait and see in few hours how much Patrick will get (although I do wish him well, I hope his score will not be exagerated).

I've just seen Kaetlyn's skating and for me, she's cute and did not fall, but that was it. Her moves and skating are not refined like the top skaters. I hope she can keep improving and show us that today's score was not just an accident.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada 2012   Skate Canada 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 10:42 am

polosatik wrote:
After Osmond scores I was like..WTF???????? 59 in PCS,sorry are you kidding me???????? That's what you get when Canadian skates in Canada. I have no words. Evil or Very Mad Mad Very Mad

Tell me about it! I'm soooo pissed right now. Mad Evil or Very Mad Disappointed So let us assume that Osmond is going to worlds, (I'm 99% sure she is), worlds are in Canada, so what are the judges going to do, give her 120+ points for crappy skating and reward her with the world medal? Part of me can't wait to see this, because the scandal would be HUGE, but I hope the judging there will be somewhat fair.

but seriously, what is ISU thinking?!

ddmm wrote:
Well, what can I say. They are good in promoting their skaters and I was expecting this. JOannie is not here and they need a new star. Wait and see in few hours how much Patrick will get (although I do wish him well, I hope his score will not be exagerated).

I've just seen Kaetlyn's skating and for me, she's cute and did not fall, but that was it. Her moves and skating are not refined like the top skaters. I hope she can keep improving and show us that today's score was not just an accident.

Oh, please don't remind me of Chan, there goes another 170+ or at least 90+ in PCS for a crappy skate.

And this is why I don't understand her PCS score. how can someone like her beat Akiko in PE, IN and CH?! And i wouldn't mind if she gotten this score for a clean performance, because TES would be rightly high, but PCS?! I mean judges, seriously?
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada 2012   Skate Canada 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 10:46 am

Looking at protocols, Akiko only got one edge call. Kaetlyn got two plus a fall. PCS tells us differently when it shows Akiko barely won in SS. Tie in TR and then Kaetlyn wins in PE, CH and IN. ugh! scratch

Maybe they're trying to prevent the Japanese athletes from getting the top medals after the sweep at Skate America? First there's Nobu in the SP. Now we have the the ladies' PCS scoring. If they wanna give Kaetlyn those high marks for a skate with a fall and other minor mistakes then Akiko should have gotten more than 60!

Last edited by roma on Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada 2012   Skate Canada 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 10:50 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
polosatik wrote:

Tell me about it! I'm soooo pissed right now. Mad Evil or Very Mad Disappointed So let us assume that Osmond is going to worlds, (I'm 99% sure she is), worlds are in Canada, so what are the judges going to do, give her 120+ points for crappy skating and reward her with the world medal? Part of me can't wait to see this, because the scandal would be HUGE, but I hope the judging there will be somewhat fair.

ddmm wrote:

Oh, please don't remind me of Chan, there goes another 170+ or at least 90+ in PCS for a crappy skate.

And this is why I don't understand her PCS score. how can someone like her beat Akiko in PE, IN and CH?! And i wouldn't mind if she gotten this score for a clean performance, because TES would be rightly high, but PCS?! I mean judges, seriously?
Well, at least I can mentally prepare to this nonsense. But, I think these people bumped their heads really badly. is it possible they got in accident? study
Back to top Go down
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
ddmm

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada 2012   Skate Canada 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 10:57 am

polosatik wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:
polosatik wrote:

ddmm wrote:

Well, at least I can mentally prepare to this nonsense. But, I think these people bumped their heads really badly. is it possible they got in accident? study

I hope you don't get me wrong.
I am looking forward to see Kaetlyn's skating in another competition outside of Canada and see how much she scores.

As for today, I would be ashamed if I were today's judge. No wonder why they want to keep the judges confidential.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada 2012   Skate Canada 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 11:08 am

polosatik wrote:
But, I think these people bumped their heads really badly. is it possible they got in accident?

Laugh they probably catch a SC bug flu taht affects the brain function or something, this disease spreads every time there's a SC and it affects only judges. Poor judges, hopefully, there is a medicine available for them next year.

ddmm wrote:
I am looking forward to see Kaetlyn's skating in another competition outside of Canada and see how much she scores.

As for today, I would be ashamed if I were today's judge. No wonder why they want to keep the judges confidential.

I completely agree, I can't wait to see her compete outside of Canada and see how she scores. Looking at the scores here, I'd be very worried if I were Ashley (another overscored skater), because if those scores will become a trend then Ashley is screwed.

I think ISU needs to make up their mind, do they want figure skating to thrive (than this isn't the way to go about it) or are they trying to kill the sport. Because if they are, they're doing an excellent job.
Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada 2012   Skate Canada 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 11:11 am

ddmm wrote:
polosatik wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:
polosatik wrote:

ddmm wrote:

I know it's not Osmond's fault, but I just cannot feel up to hoping anything for her at the moment. She is damn too sloppy to win gold in any competition. It's not her time yet! All I can say is that I hope she's a modest person who can objectively see later on that she won because of home advantage. If she can't do that, she's not gonna improve. This victory may turn out to be a tragedy for her if it ends up that way. The way they overscore like this can be very dangerous to young skaters like her. Shame on all the stupid judges today! Frustrated
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
MaoChan756
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
MaoChan756

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada 2012   Skate Canada 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 11:27 am

That was such a sloppy program...
Such a pity that Akiko was robbed of her gold! Sad
Frankly, someone should seriously consider investigating this!
She fell - She had two edge calls - While Akiko had a nearly perfect pro with a single edge call and the difference between their PCS is by 0.21 points....?! :S
No wonder this sport is becoming extinct...-_-
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada 2012   Skate Canada 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 11:35 am

Osmond has a very, very good GP debut but after watching her FS I think her Nebelhorn FS was better than what she did here and she only got 114.51 there with even fewer mistakes. 59.15 (TES) and 56.36 (PCS). Here she only got 57.28 in TES but 59.61 in PCS. Senior B competitions supposedly gives better PCS right and not the other way around? She did perform really well here and deserves a medal. If she skated clean in the FS I wouldn't have minded much but she didn't. I ain't bashing Osmond nor am I pissed at her. I'm glad Canada finally has someone to represent their ladies well but am rather pissed at the judging system's obvious bias again.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada 2012   Skate Canada 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 11:42 am

roma wrote:
Osmond has a very, very good GP debut but after watching her FS I think her Nebelhorn FS was better than what she did here and she only got 114.51 there with even fewer mistakes. 59.15 (TES) and 56.36 (PCS). Here she only got 57.28 in TES but 59.61 in PCS. Senior B competitions supposedly gives better PCS right and not the other way around? She did perform really well here and deserves a medal. If she skated clean in the FS I wouldn't have minded much but she didn't. I ain't bashing Osmond nor am I pissed at her. I'm glad Canada finally has someone to represent their ladies well but am rather pissed at the judging system's obvious bias again.

Yes, B Intl are supposed to be the ones with massive overscoring, unless you're a SC, they've been known for grossly overscoring their skaters for years. I rememebr one year Joannie actually looked embarassed when seeing her LP score.

I want to clarify as well, that I am not bashing Kaetlyn as a person nor am I angry at her, but at the judges and idiotic ISU. I do however think she's a messy skater, but this can be improved upon.
Back to top Go down
kitty

kitty

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada 2012   Skate Canada 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 12:10 pm

Interesting to note that

- Osmond's wiki page was updated so quickly that she's now known in the wiki community as "the 2012 Skate Canada champion..." (whereas the 2012 SC results on the wiki pages for Akiko & Kanako are still "TBD")

- Seems that Osmond has only 1 GP assignment.

If her entry to GPF is not possible, why crown her now? Simply for paving the road to this year's worlds (and/or 4cc)?

Sigh, judging in this way only drags down the sports. I just hope they judge Mao more fairly in future competitions, and give a score that a skater truly deserves. No more controversy and piss-off please.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada 2012   Skate Canada 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 12:34 pm

kitty, I think they're paving the road for worlds. 4CC is in Japan this season, there's no way she'll be scored this high for the same performance.

I hope Mao and the rest of the skaters at CoC will be judged fairly, no overscoring some and lowballing the others, please.

In pairs the Germans won with 129.10 in the LP, 201.36 total, Duhamel/Ratford 2nd with 126 in the lp, 190.49 total Suspect and the Italians were 3rd.

But what the heck were Aliona/Robin wearing. I feel sorry for Robin.
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada 2012   Skate Canada 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 3:00 pm

I just watched the videos that were posted and i have to say that osmond has a looong way to go not only artistically where her skating is a bit sloppish, unrefined and unpolished compared to akiko and even kanako. and technically i also think she has a long way seeing how she almost fell on another jump too. akiko was the clear winner, i really feel so sorry for akiko and kanako and elene what happened to her,does anyone have her free skate i really want to see it ?
once again i find the final results really confusing i wouldn't even give Osmond the bronze with that performance, who the heck where the judges at this competition mostly canadian?
Back to top Go down
ElleluvsL
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
ElleluvsL

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada 2012   Skate Canada 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 7:08 pm

WOW! omg Javi won!!! Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
swan
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
swan

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada 2012   Skate Canada 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 7:09 pm

did javier, the spaniard, really just beat patrick, the canadian, in skate canada? mind is blown!
Back to top Go down
swan
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
swan

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada 2012   Skate Canada 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 7:22 pm

as for miss osmond, her win is no surprise to me. after the result of her short program, i already knew she was going to be crowned the winner. i'm actually quite proud of her, though. i'm a little fond of her to be honest. canada really needs a leading lady and it looks like she's it for canada (considering joannie isn't around). it's no surprise that she got the boost of home advantage so overscoring was expected. let's be honest, even NHK trophy tends to give high scores to japanese athletes so skate canada is no different than any other GPF events in terms of treating its own athletes. anyway, i'm looking forward to kaetlyn's skating and i much prefer her skating over phaneuf or lacoste. canadian ladies' skating isn't looking as bleak anymore.

i'm really, really impressed by akiko's programs this year. surprisingly, i like her short program very much. it's very unique. and her wonderful long program! her programs may be my favorite this season. mr. camerlengo is a genius! mao, please consider his choreography! his choreography never lets me down!
Back to top Go down
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
shar

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada 2012   Skate Canada 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 8:14 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada 2012   Skate Canada 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Skate Canada 2012
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next