Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Worlds 2013

Go down 
+53
Afsfan
illani
koala_lover
cera
Haidogirl
Abdiel
☆Genie
sweetdream
Dani-Chan
chiyori
Lady_in_black
ashcroft1086
~*AAA*~
Czarace
klarification
maowataiyo
shikure
ElleluvsL
jkblues
Ken Himura
dangerous_angel_face
supportmaoasada
MaoChan756
bibi
AmazingGraceMao
qingshui
princessinpink
inskate
bellarina
BowbowDaijin
aoi88
whiteboots2013
Alokya
sapphiresky
silenceisgolden
ilovethai
ballerinamao
shar
pearlyriver
josling
helen91
PochinkoPotanko
ddmm
Mao_Asada_sunrise
linglang
Star85
polosatik
swan
Mao2012
l-spiralmao
COHK
zarinaballerina
roma
57 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
ElleluvsL
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
ElleluvsL

Worlds 2013 - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Worlds 2013 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 5:28 pm

I don't know if anyone has posted this already, but part of the Ladies SP press conference is up on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuVtAymHazc

Kana is adorable of course and Caro seems like a very charming and sweet person too.
Back to top Go down
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chapis

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Worlds 2013 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 5:30 pm

Well I hope that Mao will do the best LP, is not important now the gold, if she go well, this will seem like bad luck, you know, reputation is really important. And I think that Mao even believe she only can beat Yuna with 3a, and I dont know, may be yes, Mao has not 3-3, not ratified yet in a long time if I remember correctly scratch . I am glad for Kanako, she is so sweet Mushy Love .

Mao, you can do it, we love you Thumbs up! Cheering
Back to top Go down
swan
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
swan

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Worlds 2013 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 5:39 pm

ElleluvsL wrote:
I don't know if anyone has posted this already, but part of the Ladies SP press conference is up on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuVtAymHazc

Kana is adorable of course and Caro seems like a very charming and sweet person too.

i love listening to carolina talk! she's so heartfelt. Love Hearts
Back to top Go down
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Worlds 2013 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 5:44 pm

swan wrote:
oh dear, the short dance music the estonians used. Unconscious i wonder why country style programs seem to be popular. confused

It's because the compulsory is the Yankee Polka, and not many people thought outside the box of yee-haw music.
Back to top Go down
swan
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
swan

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Worlds 2013 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 5:46 pm

Alokya wrote:
swan wrote:
oh dear, the short dance music the estonians used. Unconscious i wonder why country style programs seem to be popular. confused

It's because the compulsory is the Yankee Polka, and not many people thought outside the box of yee-haw music.

i feel like EVERY year there is some country style program (and not just in ice dance). and none of them are ever good. Sweatdrop i hope meryl and charlie never go that route anytime soon!
Back to top Go down
swan
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
swan

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Worlds 2013 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 5:47 pm

linglang wrote:
swan wrote:
 was this cup of china from some years ago (2008 i believe?)? i don't remember this but is there a video? if she really said this, i'm somewhat surprised in a way (but also somewhat not surprised i really can't explain).

i wish carolina had delivered cleanly. she'd be in the first no doubt had she did! carolina is still a superstar either way, though! Mushy Love

im watching ice dance but something inside me says DON'T. i know i'll be more upset afterwards. Drama!

Yes, it's 2008 COC. LOL I still remember the clip even after some years because I was really surprised. To be fair, it's not only her who complained about judges. There were other skaters who did so too. But I've never seen anything like what her team did, dragging a particular skater in to justify their claim and showed it on TV.

i don't remember her saying anything about not agreeing with the call (off to youtube to refresh my memory) but i remember her fans being upset with the call (as well as the obstruction from a certain skater comment).

mao, best of luck in the free skate. i hope you took this as another opportunity to learn from, mao. study
Back to top Go down
helen91
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
helen91

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Worlds 2013 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 5:49 pm

swan wrote:
Alokya wrote:
swan wrote:
oh dear, the short dance music the estonians used. Worlds 2013 - Page 38 38554 i wonder why country style programs seem to be popular. confused

i feel like EVERY year there is some country style program (and not just in ice dance). and none of them are ever good. Worlds 2013 - Page 38 570713 i hope meryl and charlie never go that route anytime soon!

LOL as if Marina would let any of her skaters so something like that.
Back to top Go down
helen91
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
helen91

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Worlds 2013 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 5:51 pm

You can tell how much Kurt was rooting for Mao. He is one of her 3A's biggest fans. Kept saying it was such a shame during the 5 minute warm-up how she wasn't able to do a single 3A because other skaters would obstruct her path with every attempt Sad
Back to top Go down
helen91
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
helen91

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Worlds 2013 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 5:53 pm

Misha Ge

Kanako was Beautiful today ! Very enjoyed her Program ! Loved it !

Misha Ge

Mao 3A was very sweet today and i very enjoyed that she smile during her SP.

Back to top Go down
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chapis

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Worlds 2013 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 6:14 pm

Mao´s program was really good, I mean I hate the music, but it was even good, she was just nervous, I am more relax now Cool , and she looks soooo pretty Swoon

Osmond was incredible, and I love her program, I am her fan now Yep! , and what happened with Liza, she was doing so well, her 3-3 is the best and then the silly mistake
Ashley and Yuna today very boring, may be the music, is not my taste.
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Worlds 2013 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 6:28 pm

helen91 wrote:
You can tell how much Kurt was rooting for Mao. He is one of her 3A's biggest fans. Kept saying it was such a shame during the 5 minute warm-up how she wasn't able to do a single 3A because other skaters would obstruct her path with every attempt Sad

That's too bad. I suppose it's because the rink is smaller and all 6 skaters were equally struggling to secure their paths and spots to do elements. I think ISU should hold competitions only at Olympic-size rinks.

Kurt knows how difficult it is to do 3A in person. So he can sympathize Mao, I think. It's good to know there are someone on the commentary board who can understand and support a skater who attempts technically very difficult programs.
Back to top Go down
whiteboots2013

whiteboots2013

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Worlds 2013 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 6:40 pm

ilovethai wrote:
Although Mao is 7 points behind 1st, the base value for her LP is 10 points above Yuna's. Add to that Mao's passionate and expressive Swan Lake will give her good PCS points too. However, that's if she hits everything cleanly. She DOES have a chance of winning gold. Slight but existent.

ilovethai , thank you for your opinion.
I saw Mao's performance on YOUtube. I believe she will be higher and higher:star: Tonight I am going to see SP on TV, clearly. I am looking forward to it. I really wanted to go to Canada to see World 2013 directly. But it is nice to see it at home, too. Mao, you always give us happiness and courage. Thank you very much for your existance. Arigato, MAO chan. Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Worlds 2013 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 6:43 pm

Had trouble sleeping because I was worried for Mao and now I woke up to this... Sad However, I don't think it's that bad. 7points. She can still recover from that and land on the podium.

What I'm surprised is the popping of the loop. Is this the 2nd time this season she's done that? And the spin levels not getting level 4? Steps GOE less than 1.8? UR on the 3F combo? Mao gave too many points away. Sad

Do we have any interviews on Mao yet?
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
ddmm

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Worlds 2013 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 6:44 pm

Ok, I woke up this morning, saw the result, I haven't watched Mao's skating yet but let me rant.

huh.....A deja vu....

I wonder sometime what Mao is thinking ? does she know she has to do something about nerves ? this is all about nerves. She looked so relaxed when she arrived and even confirmed that she was in top form. Mao needs help to get rid of nerves and reading books is not enough. I bet even Sato can't convince her in certain things.
Secondly, she has to decide what she wants: either skating her dream layout but risk her gold at Sochi and many podiums, or, skate an easier layout and win medals.

I'm quite sad and angry because in my eyes, Yuna did not do as well as we thought and the judges were ready to give Mao a high score but she basically threw her chance away.

(pls understand that I am ranting because, just like all of you, I love Mao and want her to do well)
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Worlds 2013 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 6:55 pm

ddmm wrote:
Ok, I woke up this morning, saw the result, I haven't watched Mao's skating yet but let me rant.

huh.....A deja vu....

I wonder sometime what Mao is thinking ? does she know she has to do something about nerves ? this is all about nerves. She looked so relaxed when she arrived and even confirmed that she was in top form. Mao needs help to get rid of nerves and reading books is not enough. I bet even Sato can't convince her in certain things.
Secondly, she has to decide what she wants: either skating her dream layout but risk her gold at Sochi and many podiums, or, skate an easier layout and win medals.

I'm quite sad and angry because in my eyes, Yuna did not do as well as we thought and the judges were ready to give Mao a high score but she basically threw her chance away.

(pls understand that I am ranting because, just like all of you, I love Mao and want her to do well)

I can understand you, ddmm. I feel the same way. She can consistently get all level 4s but today what's wrong with her spins? And even when she's nervous and made mistakes she still got 1.8/1.9 GOE on steps but not today. That's aside from the UR on the flip and popped loop. She gave way too many points away. The loop alone will put her in second/first here. The Satos need to calm her down before taking the ice. She wanted to go clean on her elements here but what she did was far from clean. She may smile but we all know she's not happy deep inside.

Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
helen91
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
helen91

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Worlds 2013 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 6:59 pm

on a side not, Meryl and Charlie got 77 in SD!!! I am so happy for them!
Back to top Go down
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Worlds 2013 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 7:09 pm

Just watched the video to Mao's SP. It was not a bad performance. And despite the 2-ft, the 3A had great height. Too bad about the loop. I am more worried about her flips. She really can't afford to get UR on her flips in the LP. I actually thought her spins were better than at 4CC. They were faster and the positions were held better. I loved the minor changes made to the first spin. Smile
I also thought Mao was skating a little faster today than before. She seemed to be rushing a bit maybe due to nerves. I think she needs to relax a bit for the free skate and not feel too pressured. Hopefully, she improves on her placement from last two Worlds; a podium finish is still within reach.
Back to top Go down
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Mao_Asada_sunrise

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Worlds 2013 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 7:24 pm

ddmm wrote:

huh.....A deja vu....

You have a point there. The judges seemed fair in a way. We all thought that Mao would be unfairly judged, but this also came as a surprise.
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Worlds 2013 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 7:30 pm

I read in interviews that some skaters said the ice on the main rink is softer than the sub rink. IIRC, Mao did run-through without jumps and did some jumps including 3A at the main rink when she arrived London. Then, she had costume practice at the sub rink where she reportedly landed one 3A out of 5 attempts.

As helen posted above, Kurt said Mao wasn't able to do 3A during warm-up.

It's obvious she looked way nervous than usual.

Also, the ice condition may not really ideal for her. So she couldn't do well with spins. About the loop, I read somewhere Mao said after SP her left leg was facing a wrong direction before take off so she messed it.

I assume other skaters are also struggling with ice condition, like Liza and Amodio who lost the edge when they attempted spins.

I wonder if there will be practice at main rink before FS. I do hope she will have a chance to get used to with the main rink. Does anyone know?
Back to top Go down
helen91
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
helen91

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Worlds 2013 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 7:38 pm

linglang wrote:
I read in interviews that some skaters said the ice on the main rink is softer than the sub rink. IIRC, Mao did run-through without jumps and did some jumps including 3A at the main rink when she arrived London. Then, she had costume practice at the sub rink where she reportedly landed one 3A out of 5 attempts.

As helen posted above, Kurt said Mao wasn't able to do 3A during warm-up.

It's obvious she looked way nervous than usual.

Also, the ice condition may not really ideal for her. So she couldn't do well with spins. About the loop, I read somewhere Mao said after SP her left leg was facing a wrong direction before take off so she messed it.

I assume other skaters are also struggling with ice condition, like Liza and Amodio who lost the edge when they attempted spins.

I wonder if there will be practice at main rink before FS. I do hope she will have a chance to get used to with the main rink. Does anyone know?

I doubt it, it's booked entirely for the rest of the competition.
Back to top Go down
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Worlds 2013 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 7:41 pm

helen91 wrote:
linglang wrote:

Actually, according to:
http://www.isuresults.com/events/WC2013_ColouredTimeSchedule.pdf

Yes, there's another practice in MR before Lady's FS.
Back to top Go down
ilovethai
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
ilovethai

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Worlds 2013 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 7:41 pm

ddmm wrote:

huh.....A deja vu....

Preach it baby, preach it!! Thank you!

Guys, how do you all think Mao's gonna do in the LP and how is the ladies contest gonna finish? I'd love to hear what you guys think..

P.S.: I've calmed down since watching the last SP group. All my friends today were wondering why I looked so depressed.. if only they knew
Back to top Go down
helen91
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
helen91

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Worlds 2013 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 7:54 pm

I have thought bad things all week and they are coming true so I am not making anymore predictions.... also this

Worlds 2013 - Page 38 Tumblr_mjnt63FKb31rjqr7to1_1280
Worlds 2013 - Page 38 Tumblr_mjnt63FKb31rjqr7to4_1280
(from tumblr)

He keeps smiling on camera but this is what happens back stage, I am so sad now Worlds 2013 - Page 38 813808
Back to top Go down
helen91
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
helen91

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Worlds 2013 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 7:56 pm

COHK wrote:
helen91 wrote:
linglang wrote:

Actually, according to:
http://www.isuresults.com/events/WC2013_ColouredTimeSchedule.pdf

Yes, there's another practice in MR before Lady's FS.

Sweet, in that case I can watch it Smile
Back to top Go down
ilovethai
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
ilovethai

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Worlds 2013 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 8:00 pm

helen91 wrote:
I have thought bad things all week and they are coming true so I am not making anymore predictions.... also this

Worlds 2013 - Page 38 Tumblr_mjnt63FKb31rjqr7to1_1280
Worlds 2013 - Page 38 Tumblr_mjnt63FKb31rjqr7to4_1280
(from tumblr)

He keeps smiling on camera but this is what happens back stage, I am so sad now Worlds 2013 - Page 38 813808

And this is why you try not to do TOO well at the beginning of the season. Cause your condition deteriorates by the latter half of the season. Then there's still World Team Trophy after Worlds and if Team Japan fails, their hopes for winning the gold at the team event in Sochi (which i'd like to happen very much) will also be dashed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Worlds 2013 - Page 38 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Worlds 2013
Page 38 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next