Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Trophee Eric Bompard 2013

Go down 
+16
AmazingGraceMao
Iceriver
Alokya
COHK
Hotaru
ballerinamao
Lady_in_black
ElleluvsL
BowbowDaijin
roma
chapis
zarinaballerina
Haidogirl
pearlyriver
l-spiralmao
shar
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

Trophee Eric Bompard 2013 - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trophee Eric Bompard 2013   Trophee Eric Bompard 2013 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 1:20 pm

christina Sad, Lonely 
but she was a joy to watch despite her mistakes
Back to top Go down
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Haidogirl

PostSubject: Re: Trophee Eric Bompard 2013   Trophee Eric Bompard 2013 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 1:25 pm

I would feel nacked in those dress of Adelina Hell, no! 
Back to top Go down
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chapis

PostSubject: Re: Trophee Eric Bompard 2013   Trophee Eric Bompard 2013 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 1:28 pm

Adelina, at end cheers Rockstar  but poor Christina, it was a really bad day for her Sad 
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Trophee Eric Bompard 2013   Trophee Eric Bompard 2013 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 1:30 pm

Adelina really made a competition, with this performance Huge score
Back to top Go down
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Haidogirl

PostSubject: Re: Trophee Eric Bompard 2013   Trophee Eric Bompard 2013 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 1:36 pm

That might be close Surprised 
Back to top Go down
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chapis

PostSubject: Re: Trophee Eric Bompard 2013   Trophee Eric Bompard 2013 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 1:36 pm

Anna`s skating is so coarse , and her dress is even worse than Adelina`s, I need to do a great effort to follow her all the program Neutral, though she is only 15yo?, I don`t should ask so much
Back to top Go down
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chapis

PostSubject: Re: Trophee Eric Bompard 2013   Trophee Eric Bompard 2013 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 1:43 pm

In the tech box Adelina is winning??? affraid

ETA. But Ashley win, well, she did it great too Very Happy

So, Adelina going to do GPF, right?

Last edited by chapis on Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Haidogirl

PostSubject: Re: Trophee Eric Bompard 2013   Trophee Eric Bompard 2013 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 1:44 pm

I would hope, adelina win here, but well, its Ashley :3
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Trophee Eric Bompard 2013   Trophee Eric Bompard 2013 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 1:47 pm

what the heck 127 for that?
Back to top Go down
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chapis

PostSubject: Re: Trophee Eric Bompard 2013   Trophee Eric Bompard 2013 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 1:49 pm

ballerinamao wrote:
well, she has her reputation now, you know how work this Rolling Eyes 
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Trophee Eric Bompard 2013   Trophee Eric Bompard 2013 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 1:56 pm

chapis wrote:
ballerinamao wrote:
 well, she has her reputation now, you know how work this Rolling Eyes 
come on judges, they definitely could have done a better job then this. well I'm happy that Adelina atleast won the freeskate, both she and Anna were really on tonight
Back to top Go down
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chapis

PostSubject: Re: Trophee Eric Bompard 2013   Trophee Eric Bompard 2013 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 2:08 pm

And I think Samantha is undervalued, ok if we don`t count  Ashley and Gracie who practically have place in Sochi, the other girls are Mirai, Alissa, Christina, Rachel, Caroline, I missing somebody??, I believe she has a big opportunity to take the 3rd spot, it is not like she is competing for Japan
Back to top Go down
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Haidogirl

PostSubject: Re: Trophee Eric Bompard 2013   Trophee Eric Bompard 2013 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 2:42 pm

This competition was worse! Even more than in China, here the skaters were ok, but no words for these judges!
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Trophee Eric Bompard 2013   Trophee Eric Bompard 2013 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 2:57 pm

Ok, 127 for that?! Hello, two footed jumps, a near fall, program is blah...seriously, 127 points?! Who wants to bet that no one or only very few will scream overscore, unlike when it's about Mao. Frustrated  I completely agree with the British comentators' reaction to Ashley's score. They were shocked.
Can someone explain to me why Ashley only received -0.6 goe for a clear two footed landing, while Mao was punished much more for a slight brush of her free leg on her fully rotated 3A? :confused:Shouldn't it be oposite?

Patrick was good tonight, no doubt about it, but 196+ for a skate with 2A and 3-2?! Come on.

Wow at I/K! affraid  IMO, Bobrova/Soloviev need to be very worried. Lena/Nikita seem to be on fire, they want that bronze!
Tessa/Scott were boring as usual, I know they're amazing technicians, but I don't like their romantic stuff. Like I said, I get it, you have great chemistry with each other, now move on please.

chapis wrote:
How I could to forget the horrible and transparent dress of Adelina
You think this dress is transparent and bad? Go check her last season's Burlesque LP dress. You could clearly see how she's built in her upper body. I'm not a prude, but seeing a clear outline of breast on a 16 year old, is making me uncomfortable. What the hell was/is her team and parents thinking...if she were my doughter, she'd be wearing that kind of costume only over my dead body.
Back to top Go down
Hotaru

Hotaru

PostSubject: Re: Trophee Eric Bompard 2013   Trophee Eric Bompard 2013 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 4:11 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:
Ok, 127 for that?! Hello, two footed jumps, a near fall, program is blah...seriously, 127 points?! Who wants to bet that no one or only very few will scream overscore, unlike when it's about Mao. Frustrated  I completely agree with the British comentators' reaction to Ashley's score. They were shocked.
Can someone explain to me why Ashley only received -0.6 goe for a clear two footed landing, while Mao was punished much more for a slight brush of her free leg on her fully rotated 3A? :confused:Shouldn't it be oposite?
While Ashley's 3F had a 2-foot landing, the 3T was fine... fully rotated and clean.  The judges take both jumps into consideration.  Some of the judges may have thought the 3T was good enough for positive goe, but since the first jump receives automatic negative goe for the landing, that's why you see most of the judges giving either -1 or 0.  Her second 3F was sloppy... huge turnout, but she was rightfully given -goe for that.  Otherwise, I didn't see any other major mistake.  

I don't think Ashley was overscored by that much, to be honest.  Before her score came up, I thought she was going to get 124-125'ish, so it's not such a huge difference to make a fuss over.  In the end, it was her SP lead that gave her the win.  The results were more or less fair... Adelina did win the FS but lost due to her costly SP errors.

I prefer Adelina to Ashley when both skate clean, but I can see it going either way.  I really think the judges will give Adelina the edge, if she skates clean in both segments, though.  PCS-wise, they are pretty close... Ashley only got a little over a point higher than Adelina.  Not a huge difference, but I think Adelina can improve on that if she can become more consistent.
Back to top Go down
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Haidogirl

PostSubject: Re: Trophee Eric Bompard 2013   Trophee Eric Bompard 2013 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 4:51 pm

Quote :

You think this dress is transparent and bad? Go check her last season's Burlesque LP dress. You could clearly see how she's built in her upper body. I'm not a prude, but seeing a clear outline of breast on a 16 year old, is making me uncomfortable. What the hell was/is her team and parents thinking...if she were my doughter, she'd be wearing that kind of costume only over my dead body.
"Naked Ice" gets a new meaning here lol! 
Back to top Go down
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Trophee Eric Bompard 2013   Trophee Eric Bompard 2013 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 5:41 pm

Haidogirl wrote:
Quote :

Somehow I think Adelina show switch the SP/FS dresses. I like her SP dress which is more...decent, while carmen can be more... seductive.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Trophee Eric Bompard 2013   Trophee Eric Bompard 2013 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 6:19 pm

Hotaru wrote:
While Ashley's 3F had a 2-foot landing, the 3T was fine... fully rotated and clean. The judges take both jumps into consideration. Some of the judges may have thought the 3T was good enough for positive goe, but since the first jump receives automatic negative goe for the landing, that's why you see most of the judges giving either -1 or 0. Her second 3F was sloppy... huge turnout, but she was rightfully given -goe for that. Otherwise, I didn't see any other major mistake.
Thank you for explaining. I haven't thought about the 3T part, I just saw a very obvious two footed landing and wondered why such a low -goe.
Ashley has a tendency to two foot and even UR a lot of jumps, so I'm always suspicious. Embarassed 

Haidogirl wrote:

ROTFLMAO 

Well, that particular costume was so glued to her, that it really didn't leave much to imagination. Lips sealed  If she were an adult, Ok, she or her costume designer has a particular taste, but she was only 16.

COHK wrote:
Somehow I think Adelina show switch the SP/FS dresses. I like her SP dress which is more...decent, while carmen can be more... seductive.
I agree, and in the process, she should get rid of that "hole" on the back of the skirt on her SP costume. Maybe there's a reason for it, like it's part of a story or something, but it still looks weird, IMO.
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: Trophee Eric Bompard 2013   Trophee Eric Bompard 2013 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 9:08 pm

Does anyone find Ashley's upper body movement so stiff and repetitive? Zzzz She looks the same in both her SP and FP. She's going the Yuna route, isn't she? :frustrated:Adelina is a much better storyteller than herr Who, me? 

That female commentator for British Eurosport seems to be disinterested in every one.

Last edited by pearlyriver on Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chapis

PostSubject: Re: Trophee Eric Bompard 2013   Trophee Eric Bompard 2013 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 9:29 pm

pearlyriver wrote:
Does anyone find Ashley's upper body movement so stiff and repetitive? Zzzz She's going the Yuna route, isn't she? Frustrated
yes, it is the main problem for me about her, and those abrupt poses she do all the time Disappointed , the most at the begining of her program. And this program R+J is bad, boring, her dress is so random, she can do better
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: Trophee Eric Bompard 2013   Trophee Eric Bompard 2013 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 9:58 pm

Reading through the Twitter, it seems like most of American audiences only care about their skaters. Someone even commented that Ashley, Sam and Christina were in their own class at TEB:o 
Back to top Go down
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
shar

PostSubject: Re: Trophee Eric Bompard 2013   Trophee Eric Bompard 2013 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 10:51 pm

pearlyriver wrote:
Reading through the Twitter, it seems like most of American audiences only care about their skaters. Someone even commented that Ashley, Sam and Christina were in their own class at TEB:o 
lol!  As an American, I see and read that ridiculousness all the time. I'm a fan of sport stars from all over the world. Thank goodness i'm not close minded.
Back to top Go down
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chapis

PostSubject: Re: Trophee Eric Bompard 2013   Trophee Eric Bompard 2013 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 11:02 pm

pearlyriver wrote:
In fact I can`t believe that US nationals tickets are more expensive than Skate America and almost always US nationals have full arena. I mean what they are thinking?, if you need to chose between SA and US nationals I obviously chose SA, in there were Ashley, Caroline Z., Samantha C., Davis and White, Shibs, Max Aron, Jason Brown they are basically their good figure skaters, ok they didn`t have Gracie Gold and Mirai but who cares if were Mao Asada, Elena Radionova, V/T, Daisuke Takahashi, Kozuka, Machida, I just don`t understand them scratch Suspect
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: Trophee Eric Bompard 2013   Trophee Eric Bompard 2013 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 11:35 pm

chapis wrote:

In fact I can`t believe that US nationals tickets are more expensive than Skate America and almost always US nationals have full arena. I mean what they are thinking?, if you need to chose between SA and US nationals I obviously chose SA, in there were Ashley, Caroline Z., Samantha C., Davis and White, Shibs, Max Aron, Jason Brown they are basically their good figure skaters, ok they didn`t have Gracie Gold and Mirai but who cares if were Mao Asada, Elena Radionova, V/T, Daisuke Takahashi, Kozuka, Machida, I just don`t understand them scratch Suspect
I don't know that affraid confused . But that makes sense, since they do care a lot more about US Nats than SA. If you just followed Worlds 2013 on Twitter, you'd think that Yuna is an American skater. There were only Yuna, Ashley and Gracie. The rest didn't matter.
Back to top Go down
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
shar

PostSubject: Re: Trophee Eric Bompard 2013   Trophee Eric Bompard 2013 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 12:00 am

pearlyriver wrote:
chapis wrote:

I don't know that affraid confused . But that makes sense, since they do care a lot more about US Nats than SA. If you just followed Worlds 2013 on Twitter, you'd think that Yuna is an American skater. There were only Yuna, Ashley and Gracie. The rest didn't matter.
That's because since 2009, Yuna's been pushed to the forefront as the next great Michele Kwan. With her training in Canada, speaking english, being promoted to death by Scott (upYuna'sbackside) Hamilton adinfinitum. Just so ppl can think that Yuna's success was due in part to our support. They also did it with Mao back in 2006, before her struggles kept her from winning.

America wants to grab anyone who's good in sports from all over to represent our country so we can look like we're better then the rest of the world. They tried to lure Usain Bolt (by having sponsors willing to pay him millions) to move here and represent the USA prior to the 2008 Olympics. But thankfully for Jamaica, Usain was too loyal and stubborn to abandon his hometown and stuck with his hometown and Puma sponsors.

In the end, it's all politics. The better the sports stars, the more money the sponsors make.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trophee Eric Bompard 2013   Trophee Eric Bompard 2013 - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trophee Eric Bompard 2013
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next