Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Grand Prix Final 2008!!!

Go down 
+20
cera
kiki
sweetstuff
floskate
kawaiimao
Mirai
reiko.
Oscilla
Okami
mitsuno
coconut
Nanae
Maya
Admin
bibi
polosatik
inskate
Batsuchan
clovera
SoMiTripleAxel
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

Grand Prix Final 2008!!! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2008!!!   Grand Prix Final 2008!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 1:16 am

Batsuchan wrote:
But yup, him calling Mao "Maya" is pretty scratch
Nicky is usually the less accurate of the two as far as names and trivia are concerned (at least from all the commentary I head from the two guys) so oh well. Razz

Ditto on the gala though. The crowd bias was so blatantly obvious, I can't help but be distracted by it instead of enjoying the performances. No The difference in cheers between skaters like Takahiko and PatChan was just silly IMO (it's pretty obvious the only reason he was invited was because he was clearly popular with the female audience), and Mao yet again got the cold shoulder...and what's with making Yu-Na be the very last to skate in the grand finale as the crowd goes absolutely ballistic? Rolling Eyes

There are those who bring up Korea's recent interest in skating and how "they aren't used to seeing other skaters" but I find that argument to be pure nonsense. Mao, Miki, and Dai were greeted with so much enthusiasm in 4CC last year and the ice shows in Korea over the summer, and they were absolutely fantastic that I honestly had to wonder what happened this time around. scratch The Korean contingency at Worlds '08 too, were warm to Mao's performances and even gave standing ovations to Yukari's FS.

The competition was great, and so were the skaters, but the crowd really made the experience awkward this GPF in the ladies' event, sorry. Disappointed What they were seeing were technical feats of the highest calibur (attempted 4sal by Miki, 3A attempt by Yukari, 3T-3S by Joannie, 3A x2 by Mao) and the lukewarm reaction they showed was almost unreal. Then there were a few obnoxious folks who had the nerve to wave "Yu-Na Kim is queen" banners when they were focused on the big screen when it was after Miki's performance, or someone waving a "Yu-Na Camel" banner when the cameras zoomed in on them after Mao's performance... Very Mad

I guess SBS and their ridiculous hyping of the event and constant labeling of Mao as "cheat jumper" blablabla and flawed commentary (the female commentator for SBS literally said during CoC that the broken camel is something "only" Yu-Na can do, and calling it the "Yu-Na Spin" with confidence Neutral) as well as airing cleverly edited programs of Orser criticizing Miki's jump technique changed public opinion, or I'm really hoping most of the crowd present this time around are those with zero background to skating and only cared for Yu-Na or guys they found attractive. Rolling Eyes I'm half Japanese, and I try really hard to show both sides of the equation respect and give credit when it's due, but I'm just glad this event is over, because the audience just disgusted me. Frustrated

I really commend Mao for standing up to the occasion, and performing to these crowds with a beaming smile, because if I was in her place, I would definitely be sour! I'll be grabbing a mic and tell them to "Show me some respect, you hear me?!" Laugh
Back to top Go down
kawaiimao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
kawaiimao

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2008!!!   Grand Prix Final 2008!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 1:24 am

Here's what I was looking for, the medal ceremony:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0H80bdGM5s

well, I'd better not comment on that... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
coconut
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
coconut

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2008!!!   Grand Prix Final 2008!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 1:33 am

Well, maybe I felt that way since I was too nervous when I was watching. I hope they will learn to enjoy all the skaters performance as they keep holding figure skating competition!!! cat Razz
Back to top Go down
kawaiimao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
kawaiimao

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2008!!!   Grand Prix Final 2008!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 1:50 am

Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2008!!!   Grand Prix Final 2008!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 1:53 am

kawaiimao wrote:
Mao's LP Eurosport version!
IN has the on-demand vids up now, so those without a pass to the restricted section of FSVids should save it to their HD now! Thumbs up! It's won't be long before all the grand prix vids will disappear by the truckload... Snow

Note: Member count reached 200! Yep!
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2008!!!   Grand Prix Final 2008!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 3:21 am

coconut wrote:
I was just watching Gala and I was so scared.
When Mao was skating it was so silent and the audience was like really scary!!!!!!!!!! It was too obvious!!! I think they shouldn't do that to a skater... Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad pale
May be this only me but I didn't notice a silence Neutral Hmmm,they weren't really warm,but I didn't expect from them more then this.
Back to top Go down
coconut
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
coconut

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2008!!!   Grand Prix Final 2008!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 3:26 am

polosatik wrote:
May be this only me but I didn't notice a silence Neutral Hmmm,they weren't really warm,but I didn't expect from them more then this.

Like I said, maybe I was too sensitive. Lips sealed
Back to top Go down
Maya
Double Axel
Double Axel
Maya

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2008!!!   Grand Prix Final 2008!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 3:35 am

Quote :
I was just watching Gala and I was so scared.
When Mao was skating it was so silent and the audience was like really scary!!!!!!!!!! It was too obvious!!! I think they shouldn't do that to a skater...

Oh no, is this how an audience should behave? This is just not adult. Someone at GS mentioned the audience seemed like a bunch of 16 year old girls.
I cannot disagree there. When Mao performed her fs it was really abrasive and silent Shocked
When I remember the worlds 2007 in Japan, it's the complete opposite. The audience there welcomed every good skate and was very cheerful.

Has anyone a link to the Gala? I couldn't find it on youtube or dailymoion yet..
And a link to the British version of Yu-Nas skate as well?
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2008!!!   Grand Prix Final 2008!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 5:03 am

So far no luck Maya...unless you can access the restricted section of fsvids. silent

I guess I overreacted about the exhibition as well...although honestly, seeing as how even the JUNIORS were well received (I watched the entire gala) it would have been nice to see more enthusiasm from the crowd for Mao. Many juniors received more cheers and applause, for one thing. And I still stand by my statement regarding the actual SP and FS. Never have I seen such subdued reactions to a 3A or 4S, and the Yu-Na Camel banner zoom-up as Mao skated back to K&C left a wonderfully bitter taste for me. It's quite ironic the crowd reacted more to Tat (then Mao) throwing kisses at the K&C - which was cute, by the way Razz - than the 3A's or the performance itself. Rolling Eyes Or maybe I'm just being too sarcastic.

Mao's Tango exhibition and encore link: http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=88ac9ba3858c88f991b20cc0d07ba4d23e226e6650588697
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2008!!!   Grand Prix Final 2008!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 5:32 am

clovera wrote:
So far no luck Maya...unless you can access the restricted section of fsvids. silent

I guess I overreacted about the exhibition as well...although honestly, seeing as how even the JUNIORS were well received (I watched the entire gala) it would have been nice to see more enthusiasm from the crowd for Mao. Many juniors received more cheers and applause, for one thing. And I still stand by my statement regarding the actual SP and FS. Never have I seen such subdued reactions to a 3A or 4S, and the Yu-Na Camel banner zoom-up as Mao skated back to K&C left a wonderfully bitter taste for me. It's quite ironic the crowd reacted more to Tat (then Mao) throwing kisses at the K&C - which was cute, by the way Razz - than the 3A's or the performance itself. Rolling Eyes Or maybe I'm just being too sarcastic.

Mao's Tango exhibition and encore link: http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=88ac9ba3858c88f991b20cc0d07ba4d23e226e6650588697
At this point you're right but what's the most interesting that Domnina and Shabalin loved more by korean people then by russians Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2008!!!   Grand Prix Final 2008!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 5:56 am

polosatik wrote:
At this point you're right but what's the most interesting that Domnina and Shabalin loved more by korean people then by russians Rolling Eyes
They were definitely popular in Korea! What I DID like about the Korean fans were the thoughtful gifts they prepared for the skaters, like the very neat picture + fans' appreciation book they gave to DomShab, or the mug caps with the adorable cartoon drawings that were handed to every single senior skater during the course of the event. I love you
Back to top Go down
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
inskate

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2008!!!   Grand Prix Final 2008!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 8:36 am

Wow Mao was just amazing in the Gala!!! She skated with so much fire and freedom! Just wow! WOW! WOW! WOW! I totally forgot the audience, what mattered was the performance!
I think this win gave Mao a lot of confidence, especially after the shaky start of the season at TEB... It looked like a huge weight fell of her shoulders. Smile

I must have this performance in HQ! I hope TVAsahi and/or Eurosport will air the Gala! Worship
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2008!!!   Grand Prix Final 2008!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 10:14 am

I watched replays of the Japanese broadcasts, and I just had to share Midori's hilarious reaction to Miki's quad. Hell, no!

When she landed it live:
Midori: "Triple salchow"
Announcer: "!? ....Miki planned a combination here but it turns out to be a solo jump..."

After the performance:
Midori: "You know...just maybe...I know I said triple salchow casually, but I think she did a quad!"
Announcer: "...should we wait for the protocols?"
Midori: "She didn't plan it...but..."

Replays of Miki's performance with numerous replays of the 4S:
Midori: "She landed it so cleanly and easily...yup it's this jump...1, 2, 3. Yup, that's a triple salchow. An underrotated triple salchow when played in slow-mo."
Announcer: "Let's watch it again under the strobe-camera."
Midori: "It's a triple salchow, BUT if you look at it closely it's underrotated."

During the K&C:
Announcer: "Midori-san, was that triple salchow supposed to be a planned quad?"
(yet another slow-mo of the 4S)

Scores announced, announcer + Midori sees protocol live:
Midori: "Yup, her quad sal...quad sal? So it was underrotation on the quad salchow! Oh, I knew it! So it was recognized as a quad sal attempt, but got DG! But still that's amazing, this is great! I'm proud of her, wow!"
Announcer: "...!? Miki Ando challenged the quad in the free..."

Oh Midori...she gets excited often when she does live commentary, and she was so cute during Mao's performances too. ROTFLMAO Very Happy

inskate, TV Asahi finished airing it a while back. I hope you can find the HD + widescreen version of it really soon. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
inskate

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2008!!!   Grand Prix Final 2008!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 10:39 am

I found the HD version!

"Tango":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Q5nrJ50yF4

Encore:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGEp4D36EPQ&feature=channel_page

I love it so much!!! Wub Love Hearts Cheering Confetti

Thank you, clovera, for sharing Midori's reaction! It was adorable. Smile
Back to top Go down
coconut
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
coconut

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2008!!!   Grand Prix Final 2008!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 10:43 am

Gala practice video!!! Smile
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=R1Pdo_dWklU

Its very cute and the skaters looks really relaxed here.
Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2008!!!   Grand Prix Final 2008!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 11:31 am

coconut wrote:
Gala practice video!!! Smile
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=R1Pdo_dWklU

Very nice! Very Happy Lots of Johnny + Yu-Na haha.

And then Hell, no! at Charlie White and Mao at the end. I Love him.

I watched the HD version of Mao's performances at the gala, and I guess the audience wasn't silent! Subdued, perhaps (I haven't seen the rest of the gala), but not disrespectful. So I'm ok with it.

This clip of Mao and Takahiko was pretty funny:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnO52hStZ4E

Kosuke Kitajima, OGM swimmer, was watching too, and he says "Next, I want to see a quad," and he means Mao, but Takahiko replies, "I'll try my best." And then there's a pause and Kitajima says "Both of you. Mao too." And Mao was laughing and said "It's hard!"

Well, I hope she doesn't try to do that now, but if Mao wins 2010 Olympics, I totally expect her to try to do it if she keeps skating. Because then it will be all about breaking records...

Even now, somehow I feel that winning the GPF means more to Mao than winning next year's Worlds. So I wouldn't be surprised if she adds more difficulty and pushes her limits for Japan Nationals and maybe 4CC and Worlds, even if it means she might not win.

Anyhow, Mao, I wish you a happy and healthy rest of the season!!! Well done!! Dance
Back to top Go down
http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
kawaiimao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
kawaiimao

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2008!!!   Grand Prix Final 2008!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 11:32 am

Shocked WOW, Mao's gala performance!
She seemed like a totally different person there, so confident and dramatic. She looked like a diva! Drama!
I loved it and didn't even notice the reaction of the audience either.
Way to go, girl! queen
Back to top Go down
Okami
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
Okami

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2008!!!   Grand Prix Final 2008!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 12:22 pm

kawaiimao wrote:
She seemed like a totally different person there, so confident and dramatic. She looked like a diva! Drama!

I totally agree. It was fabulous! Encore
It was amazing to see Mao skate with so much command and confidence. The encore was gorgeous as well, with every step right on the beat of the music and great expression. Swoon Definitely the best Gala performance by Mao so far... I think winning GPF meant a lot for her. Love
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2008!!!   Grand Prix Final 2008!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 12:45 pm

kawaiimao wrote:
I loved it and didn't even notice the reaction of the audience either.
Way to go, girl! queen
Definitely true Encore She's diva!
Back to top Go down
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2008!!!   Grand Prix Final 2008!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 4:15 pm

I liked a lot her exhibition!! That's soo classical and chic! But I hope to see her do the "Sing sing sing" one again!

I also found that the practice rehearsal was quite funny! Everyone seemed to have so much fuN! That's nice!
Back to top Go down
http://mao.asada.site.voila.fr
coconut
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
coconut

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2008!!!   Grand Prix Final 2008!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 5:58 pm

Batsuchan wrote:
Kosuke Kitajima, OGM swimmer, was watching too, and he says "Next, I want to see a quad," and he means Mao, but Takahiko replies, "I'll try my best." And then there's a pause and Kitajima says "Both of you. Mao too." And Mao was laughing and said "It's hard!"

I saw that video as well and I think Kosuke doesn't really understand the hardness of two 3A. Sweatdrop I guess it's all because the Japanese media kept telling about the quad after Miki succeeded in landing one. Commentator I hope the media doesn't give too much pressure to Mao at the Vancouver OP like they did to Miki about her quad in Torino!!!
Back to top Go down
sweetstuff

sweetstuff

PostSubject: You got them wrong   Grand Prix Final 2008!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 8:21 pm

Most Yuna fans are Yuna and Mao fans. Most Korean people adore and love mao as well as yuna. They're like genious in skating and they are just so beautiful on ice.

I am also Mao and Yuna fan, and all people around me loves Mao so much.

We've sent this pink rice cake and mp3 player when she came here.(Korean ice show, 'Super Challenge') and she has posted 2 pics in her website.(One with holding cake, the other is a letter written in Japanese. Can anyone translate that?). It was so sweet of her.

16year old girls? Don't try to start a rumor.

This is one of the most popular Mao fan site. There used to be like 1700 people, but the manager recently cut off some who rarely writes.

http://cafe.naver.com/maoasada

Mao is loved from all over the world and off course she deserves to be treated with love and respect.
I think some japanese people have some prejudice toward Koreans.

We've throwed gifts, letter written in Japnese(some of the people in this website speaks good Japanese), and flowers after Sp, Lp and Gala. Congratulations on her victory!
Mao skated like a bird. Stunning performance!

Last edited by sweetstuff on Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:50 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
coconut
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
coconut

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2008!!!   Grand Prix Final 2008!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 8:59 pm

sweetstuff wrote:
the other is a letter written in Japanese. Can anyone translate that?

Translation below

I'm 18 years old now!!

Oh, I am already 18 years old but I want to keep working hard like I've been doing so far! Thank you for giving me lots of messages.

Right now I'm training in Russia for up coming competition.
Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2008!!!   Grand Prix Final 2008!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 10:32 pm

Ok, well this isn't really related to the GPF (but maybe it sort of is, since Takahiko and Mao were both there, and they had to skate together in the gala) - but I was ROTFLMAO

This is from after the 2006 World Junior championships, where Takahiko and Mao both competed:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vm0x0jGujd0

Announcer: After the ceremony, Kozuka threw a bouquet at Mao as a present. As we look to Vancouver Olympics, it is the moment when new stars are born.

[Cut] ...But when the microphone was handed to Coach Yamada - that moment:

Mao: It's like a wedding press conference.
Takahiko: Shut up!

ROTFLMAO

PS Takahiko needs a nickname - it takes too long to type!
Back to top Go down
http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
mitsuno

mitsuno

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2008!!!   Grand Prix Final 2008!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 10:36 pm

I saw the EX yesterday night on TV Asahi. Mao was gorgeous as always, I was happy to see Yuna smiling, relaxed after all that pressure (especially in the EX practice clips. She was sweet!), and I love Joannie's EX program. It was so cooool!

As for the crowd, I thought it was OK as far as I saw the broadcast. Sorry if I offended anyone with my previous post Sweatdrop
I read a breif report on a Japanese forum by someone who saw the EX live. It said, the audience tend to cheer more for the men than the ladies (well ofcourse except for Yuna - but that's totally fine with me), so compared to that, I guess it sounded like Mao got less applauds.

@sweetstuff
Quote :
16year old girls?? Don't try to start a rumor.
The report said the crowd were enthusiastic for men and Yuna, it seemed like a Pop-star show. So I think that's what it means. Mao and Yukari were also chatting cheerfully that the atmosphere was like a Yuna show Smile
Thanks for introducing the fan site, and a big thanks for cheering for Mao at the rink. I'm glad you had a great time there Many Hearts
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2008!!!   Grand Prix Final 2008!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Grand Prix Final 2008!!!
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next