Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Grand Prix Final 2008!!!

Go down 
+20
cera
kiki
sweetstuff
floskate
kawaiimao
Mirai
reiko.
Oscilla
Okami
mitsuno
coconut
Nanae
Maya
Admin
bibi
polosatik
inskate
Batsuchan
clovera
SoMiTripleAxel
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

Grand Prix Final 2008!!! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2008!!!   Grand Prix Final 2008!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 5:27 am

CONGRATULATION MAO! I'M SOOOO PROUD OF YOU!! YOU DID IT! BOTH TRIPLE AXEL WERE P_E_R_F_E_C_T !!
Back to top Go down
http://mao.asada.site.voila.fr
coconut
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
coconut

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2008!!!   Grand Prix Final 2008!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 5:38 am

cheers Congratulation Maooooooooooooooooooo!!!!! cheers

I am sooooooooooo happy for mao that she won and the fact that she tried two 3A again!! I really did not like the judges for this competition though... and I was so happy to see miki going for quad!!!!!!!!! flower I think she did pretty well too!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2008!!!   Grand Prix Final 2008!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 5:45 am

Grand Prix Final 2008!!! - Page 4 Happybananadl6Grand Prix Final 2008!!! - Page 4 Happybananadl6Grand Prix Final 2008!!! - Page 4 Happybananadl6Grand Prix Final 2008!!! - Page 4 Happybananadl6Grand Prix Final 2008!!! - Page 4 Happybananadl6Grand Prix Final 2008!!! - Page 4 Happybananadl6

Bravo, Mao! Congratulations! cheers
A win, AND making a history again by putting two triple axels in one program in an international competition as the first lady ever! Encore
Back to top Go down
https://maoasada.forumotion.net
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2008!!!   Grand Prix Final 2008!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 6:00 am

WebTV didn't show the ladies' podium... Shocked Oh, well...it's bound to pop up somewhere soon...

Ladies FS vids: http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=88ac9ba3858c88f991b20cc0d07ba4d2b7800dcaeef99c14
(incl. Mao's of course, and the warm-up!) cat

ETA: Russian commentator is still talking about Mao's 3A and Miki's 4S attempt after K/S's program. Razz
Back to top Go down
Okami
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
Okami

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2008!!!   Grand Prix Final 2008!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 6:22 am

clovera wrote:

ETA: Russian commentator is still talking about Mao's 3A and Miki's 4S attempt after K/S's program. Razz

ROTFLMAO Happy dance Cheering Thumbs up!

And thank you so much for the videos! Daisies for you
Back to top Go down
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
inskate

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2008!!!   Grand Prix Final 2008!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 6:45 am

Silly me! I accidentaly unplugged my network cable and then thought the sudden loss of connection was caused by my ISP. Lips sealed It took me 2 hours to notice what was wrong. Lips sealed

So happy to see the results!!!

queen All hail Mao, the GPF queen! queen

I'm watching the videos kindly provided by clovera (thank you! Daisies for you). Wow, Mao looks gorgeous with the make-up and fingernails painted red... Love
Back to top Go down
Okami
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
Okami

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2008!!!   Grand Prix Final 2008!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 6:55 am

Mao's LP with Japanese commentary: queen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lwoV_L0er4
Back to top Go down
kawaiimao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
kawaiimao

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2008!!!   Grand Prix Final 2008!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 7:23 am

Okami wrote:
Mao's LP with Japanese commentary: queen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lwoV_L0er4

You beat me to it Okami Very Happy .

Congrats to Mao!!! Great job!!!! cheers queen Dance
It was about time to get the GPF title back. Especially after that SP scoring.
She already has the World's gold so, as much as I'd like her to repeat I wouldn't be too sad if it went to Yu-Na this year.
Keep the rivalry going girls, you are both amazing! flower
Back to top Go down
Okami
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
Okami

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2008!!!   Grand Prix Final 2008!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 8:18 am

I'm in a silly mood...
Grand Prix Final 2008!!! - Page 4 Maokissii3

I'm still on a happy cloud for Mao, but I'm a bit sad for Miki. She's finally making progress artistically and she challenged a quad (it looked fabulous!)... Morozov was almost in happy tears after her skate... But got such low scores for her trouble. At least her PCS are slowly climbing... I hope she has enough time to banish the underrotation demons before Nationals and Worlds. Same goes for Yukari and Mao, of course. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2008!!!   Grand Prix Final 2008!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 8:34 am

Very nice pic Okami. Razz It's a shame that Miki and Yukari were struck by a figurative lightning storm of UR's, but both are yet to be at 100%, and they both challenged their hardest element in a nerve-wracking atmosphere tonight...and they both landed it (just not ratified), so power to them. Yep! I was hoping CaroK won't be as error-ridden, but oh well. Joannie skated much better than yesterday. Thumbs up! Overall, I thought this GPF was just so exhausting to watch with all the expectations and the frenzy going on in all the senior events. I'll definitely remember this one for a very long time though!

Now that the media brouhaha is (hopefully) over concerning the ladies, I hope the Korean fans can fully enjoy the exhibitions, which I'll watch...if WebTV will air it... (for most of the GP events they only showed about half...) Lips sealed

Last edited by clovera on Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SoMiTripleAxel
Double Axel
Double Axel
SoMiTripleAxel

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2008!!!   Grand Prix Final 2008!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 8:48 am

You can download KeyHole Tv and watch the exhibition on TVAsahi, 7 pm Japanese Time.
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2008!!!   Grand Prix Final 2008!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 9:02 am

I've completely forgot I had access to TV Asahi. Haha. I'm in Japan, no duh. Who, me? Thanks for reminding me SoMiTripleAxel - a week after exams and the GPF went to my head. Razz TV Asahi is notorious though for skipping a slew of skaters for both the live comps and exhibitions so I'll just hope for the best. cat
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2008!!!   Grand Prix Final 2008!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 9:12 am

cheers cheers cheers Love YESSSSSSSSSSS! Mao,you're awesome girl! I love this perfomance,even she fell it was gorgeous! Oh and after Yu-Na's perfomance Vasya said "I thought that judges would give her 65 points for components and Welcome! Laughing and nooo Hell, no! finally the right girl won!"
he's brilliant comentator!
Congratulations to Mao and to all members of our forum! We deserved it! Encore
Back to top Go down
floskate

floskate

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2008!!!   Grand Prix Final 2008!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 10:32 am

Congrats to Mao for a very well deserved victory after the fiasco of yesterdays scoring. I just realised that Mao is now teh reigning GPF, 4CC and World champion!!!!!

Has a woman ever held all three of those titles at the same time before?
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2008!!!   Grand Prix Final 2008!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 10:44 am

floskate wrote:
Congrats to Mao for a very well deserved victory after the fiasco of yesterdays scoring. I just realised that Mao is now teh reigning GPF, 4CC and World champion!!!!!

Has a woman ever held all three of those titles at the same time before?
yes, Irina Very Happy But she has European title,World title and GPF title
Back to top Go down
floskate

floskate

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2008!!!   Grand Prix Final 2008!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 10:48 am

Yes I knew about Irina. I just wondered if another woman had held World, 4CCand GPF at the same time before or is Mao the first??
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2008!!!   Grand Prix Final 2008!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 10:50 am

floskate wrote:
Yes I knew about Irina. I just wondered if another woman had held World, 4CCand GPF at the same time before or is Mao the first??
At this point I think no Very Happy but Euro is the same competition like 4CC for europeans. But I'm not sure since what time 4CC is held...
Back to top Go down
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
inskate

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2008!!!   Grand Prix Final 2008!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 10:54 am

polosatik wrote:
Oh and after Yu-Na's perfomance Vasya said "I thought that judges would give her 65 points for components and Welcome! Laughing and nooo Hell, no! finally the right girl won!"
Laugh He's snarky like Uncle Dick! I wish I understood Russian better Too sweet!

I loved the program, especially after having watched it in higher quality! The axels were so huge! WOW! Mao seemed a bit nervous, but I'm not really surprised, the intensity in competition was just scary. Worlds after that should be a walk in the park! Unconscious

Can't wait for the Gala! Cheering
Back to top Go down
Maya
Double Axel
Double Axel
Maya

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2008!!!   Grand Prix Final 2008!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 11:12 am

My heart literally melted when I saw these:
https://2img.net/h/oi37.tinypic.com/zwku3p.jpg
https://2img.net/h/oi34.tinypic.com/nleeq1.jpg
https://2img.net/h/oi37.tinypic.com/28a0iu.jpg
https://2img.net/h/oi36.tinypic.com/2ailnhs.jpg
Mao and Yu-Na are just lovely, both are awesome competetors <3

Still I'm sooo glad Mao won. She was stunning. Two triple axels, even the man have problems with that. Wow! And they were executed so beautifully!

A pity she fell. I expected her to do the 3f-3t.. Good she changed her planned 3f-3l in a 3-2-2..

I expected Yu-Na to win. The beginning was just marvelous! Great 3-3, awesome Lutz combination and a good 2a-3t..
But then to fall on the Salchow :eek:
I love her program.. her expression has developed so much.

I was shocked when I saw the results of Yukari and Miki. So much downgraded Sad
Great that Miki went for the 2a-3t and for the quad! I like this program more, her dress is better and the music suits her. She definitely should keep on doing the quad.

edit: an article about the gpf and Mao's victory:
http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20081213&content_id=57563&vkey=ice_news
Ok, this is just mean. Really. I think some photographers are doing this on purpose.
Back to top Go down
Okami
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
Okami

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2008!!!   Grand Prix Final 2008!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 2:44 pm

I love the commentary by Nicky Slater! Swoon He was on his own this time, but he made up for it with his enthusiasm. He praised the music choice, again admitting that he was mistaken at TEB thinking that this music won't fit Mao. And he said that everything went perfectly to the music, and that Mao danced even with her jumps and spins. Mushy Love

I hope somebody will post it on YT soon... This time I got it from FSVids, so if anyone has an account there, it's download time! Boogie

Sadly ES broadcasted only the long programs of the medalists... Some weird planning from the ES officials, one would think that the one event where all the GP qualifiers duke it out would be worth showing in its entirety. Lips sealed
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2008!!!   Grand Prix Final 2008!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 2:47 pm

I feel really sorry for Yu-Na,everyone in Korea wanted her to win and as she didn't, some people said terrible things about her Evil or Very Mad This is not right!
Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2008!!!   Grand Prix Final 2008!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 2:51 pm

Ok, I just went running around my apartment screaming and jumping up and down. Wow wow wow!!! Cheering Encore

CONGRATULATIONS MAO!!!
You did two triple axels and you WON!!! Happy dance

I'm so late to the party - I should've just stayed up and watched the ladies LP; I ended up not being able to sleep well because I was nervous/excited. Sweatdrop

Mao looked sooo nervous before she started skating. It's just amazing to me how strong she's gotten mentally. Ok, sure, she's still having problems with the 3F-3Lo, but never in my wildest dreams did I expect that Mao would be able to do two triple axels consistently. Mao, you are AMAZING. GENIUS!! Worship :worsip:

Sitting in the K&C, Mao and TAT were hilarious! lol! So cute!!!! Hell, no!

I agree, Maya, I thought Mao left the door open with her fall, and then once Yu-Na did her 3-3, Lutz and 2A-3T, I was like oh no...but well, the rest is history. No one skated completely clean...

I am disappointed for Miki and Yukari. Depressed Crying But I can't wait for Japanese Nationals!! Cheering

Maya - those pics are soo adorable!!!!!! Swoon

Ok, so way back after TEB I said that I thought Mao might just win the GPF! And I was right! So Mao and Yu-Na better go for some Korean barbecue, because I *expect* to see some happy Mao/Yu-Na hanging out pictures!!! Rockstar
Back to top Go down
http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
coconut
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
coconut

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2008!!!   Grand Prix Final 2008!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 12:12 am

I was just watching Gala and I was so scared.
When Mao was skating it was so silent and the audience was like really scary!!!!!!!!!! It was too obvious!!! I think they shouldn't do that to a skater... Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad pale
Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2008!!!   Grand Prix Final 2008!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 12:23 am

coconut wrote:
When Mao was skating it was so silent and the audience was like really scary!!!!!!!!!! It was too obvious!!! I think they shouldn't do that to a skater... Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad pale

Awww, poor Mao!! No

I just watched the Eurosport versions of Mao and Yu-Na's programs, and I was surprised by how much Nicky preferred Mao's!! Even I thought Yu-Na did a good job of really acting out her choreo, but Nicky said "But the big, big elements missing there, the two TRIPLE AXELS that Mao Asada delivered - not in there. The choreography - not as developed as her great rival here in this long program, yet...[they'll go away from this and figure out] where do we need to build the overall choreography of Asada's program." Yay!! Very Happy

But yup, him calling Mao "Maya" is pretty scratch
Back to top Go down
http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
mitsuno

mitsuno

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2008!!!   Grand Prix Final 2008!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 1:13 am

Congrats to Mao!! The LP was breathtaking! I'm so happy for her Wub

coconut wrote:
Oh, that's sad... and at the same time, it makes me furious Very Mad
Don't they have respect to the winner? Or are they thinking that Yuna should have won!? Suspect It might be a bit harsh, but those audience have to learn their manners. I was looking forward to watching the Gala tonight on TV Asahi, but it's depressing after hearing this news...(but I'll watch it anyway. Mao is still gorgeous how the audience may react Razz )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2008!!!   Grand Prix Final 2008!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Grand Prix Final 2008!!!
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next