Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei

Go down 
+67
will_power
klarification
i♥MAO
supportmaoasada
sweetdream
Fumi99
☆Genie
chineseteacup
babayaga
goldmao
dlnnyc
ClairDeMao
apple4me
sumin
dangerous_angel_face
Spacey
Lady_in_black
sarahjoanne419
Luckyone
tilitom
kaarolcia
illani
iceskatingfan
BowbowDaijin
linglang
periperi
fefe_sky
aoi88
maowataiyo
sapphiresky
hazelq
PochinkoPotanko
chiyori
kawaiimao
ireni
kirakira
inspiration*
ericacsy
snowdrops24
Dani-Chan
Aibhlin
Canness
Emily
jkblues
europeanfan
bellarina
MikiAndoFan#1
polosatik
MaoChan756
Ken Himura
alyssa
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Hotaru
maofan93
KariDebate
Haidogirl
swan
Star85
clovera
Alokya
tianrushui
ddmm
Okami
ballerinamao
josling
bibi
roma
71 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39  Next
AuthorMessage
maowataiyo
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
maowataiyo

Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei - Page 37 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei   Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei - Page 37 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 7:53 am

Laugh I love it!!
Armin's eyes are gleaming with adoration! He's so cute!
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei   Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei - Page 37 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 8:30 am

loool I would love too know what he said too mao and if he watched her compete he surely did, and if he told her about the music he plays on youtube for mao... he truly deserves to meet her, serously the music ao skates to is soo complicated and diffecult to learn to play on the piono and it really shows how dedicated he is....

hope mao finally sees the videoss he plays to her on youtube, it's soo cute... anyway love the smile he realy looks like the happist person in the world, like I would be if ever get a chance to meet mao!!!
Back to top Go down
ClairDeMao

ClairDeMao

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei   Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei - Page 37 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 8:59 am

Great post Batsuchan!

Batsuchan wrote:

I don’t care how Miki or YuNa or Alissa or anyone else skates at Worlds. And I don’t care how they’re scored either.

I don’t care about the other fans; they can say whatever they want; that’s why I don’t read the other forums.

All I care about is Mao Asada giving a performance that she can be happy with.

100% agree. After the Olympic season I don't care about placements or scores anymore. Those ISU judges are not to be trusted. I just want Mao to skate her best and be happy. I will continue to watch and enjoy her skating whatever happens. (But obviously it's would be bloody brilliant if Mao could skate 2 clean programs at Worlds with her new jumping technique, that would show her critics and annoy the trolls)
Back to top Go down
jkblues
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
jkblues

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei   Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei - Page 37 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 4:24 pm

Back to top Go down
jkblues
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
jkblues

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei   Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei - Page 37 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 5:09 pm

Back to top Go down
jkblues
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
jkblues

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei   Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei - Page 37 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 5:09 pm

Back to top Go down
maofan93
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
maofan93

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei   Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei - Page 37 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 8:47 pm

I just watched her 4cc performance and then her nationals performance, and although there were more small mistakes at 4cc, the nationals program made me feel a little empty. It was my favorite Mao LP since Impromptu, and now I like it even more. Watching the long entry into the lutz, I can't help feeling that connections are needed. Also, her flip has increased in both height and distance since nationals - the first 4cc flip made the nationals flips look tiny! Also, the old program's ending looked very rushed and didn't go too well with the music, but the new ending is so relaxed and original it goes with the music better. All she needs to do is clean up a few landings, add a little bit of speed, and go for the 3-3 and she is ready for worlds!
Back to top Go down
kawaiimao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
kawaiimao

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei   Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei - Page 37 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 4:31 pm

Ok, so if Armin and even Plush are considered options, I'll throw in another one just for fun:

Jeff Buttle!

Or have you already forgotten that kiss? Too sweet!

Personally, I'm not on any of these ships. In my experience, I was always absolutely horrified whenever someone presented me with their idea of an ideal match for me. My own ideas usually could not possibly be further from that! Escape

That's also why I don't even want to imagine what poor Mao might actually think of all these suggestions of yours... affraid

It's definitely fun to read though! One day we'll learn the truth and see if any of you were right in their predictions...

...or if Mao decides to marry Patty-chan just to spoil your party! Razz
Back to top Go down
ericacsy

ericacsy

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei   Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei - Page 37 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 9:13 pm

Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei - Page 37 ?id=325

looking at this made me realize how high Mao's axel was... the camera couldn't even take in her head! ahha
Back to top Go down
http://moredistraction.tumblr.com/
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei   Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 7:53 am

ericacsy wrote:
Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei - Page 37 ?id=325

looking at this made me realize how high Mao's axel was... the camera couldn't even take in her head! ahha

I can't stop watching this GIF. Wub
Back to top Go down
bellarina
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
bellarina

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei   Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 10:46 am

Here's my attempt at a side-by-side comparison of her 3A now and last season:
Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei - Page 37 ?id=325 Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei - Page 37 Maotripleolysfs

(Credit for the Olys gif to Dani-Chan)
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei   Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 10:55 am

kawaiimao wrote:

Ahhhhhh!!!No way!!! affraid Yikes!!! It my worst nightmare ever!!!!
Back to top Go down
kawaiimao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
kawaiimao

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei   Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 11:23 am

polosatik wrote:
kawaiimao wrote:

I know, I know...I feel so evil! Twisted Evil

But PochiPota, I'm sure, would be quite enthusiastic about this scenarion, right PP?! Wink Hell, no!
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei   Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 11:28 am

kawaiimao wrote:
polosatik wrote:
kawaiimao wrote:

I know, I know...I feel so evil! Twisted Evil

But PochiPota, I'm sure, would be quite enthusiastic about this scenarion, right PP?! Wink Hell, no!
So you're saying our Pochi is an evil? ROTFLMAO Almost half of Mao fans would get a heart attack if it happens.

I'm so glad that Mao does not read forums, she would think we're crazy. Hell, no!
Back to top Go down
kawaiimao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
kawaiimao

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei   Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 11:43 am

polosatik wrote:

So you're saying our Pochi is an evil? ROTFLMAO Almost half of Mao fans would get a heart attack if it happens.

Actually quite the opposite. If I'm not mistaken, Pochi is about the biggest Patty-chan hater around here, so she might have had a heart attack already.

Hope not, I didn't mean to be that evil afteral! Who, me?

Back to top Go down
Artistry

Artistry

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei   Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 9:22 pm

So did anyone answer somebody's question from a couple of pages ago, about that -1 on Mao's 3A? I was just re-watching the gif video of that jump right above, and I don't really get why somebody would score her -1 on that. What criteria was not fulfilled? Thanks in advance for your explanations. ;-)

Overall, I love the new FS! It's magic!
Back to top Go down
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei   Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 9:35 pm

The only reason I can see is that it could be seen as underrotated. Actually, when I watched it in slow-motion, I thought that it would get downgraded due to a very very slight underrotation, so it could have been that.
Back to top Go down
babayaga
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
babayaga

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei   Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 9:39 pm

That's exactly what I heard. If the jump is underrotated less than 1/4 turn then it gets full base value but -1 GOE. And since there is not much flow out of the jump and little distance covered there was no reason to give + GOE to compensate for that -1. That's what I read on other forums last year.
Back to top Go down
maofan93
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
maofan93

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei   Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 8:03 pm

They finally showed 4CC in the United States on Universal Sports, and I am glad to have been able to hear the positive commentary from American commentators about Mao. In this broadcast, there was not one mention of Yu-na; instead they focused on Mao. You could tell both Tara Lipinski and Andrea Joyce were cheering for Mao: all they had to say were positive comments on her performance. They even seemed a little upset when they saw she did not overtake Miki! I am hoping that the commentators will stop being so biased and obviously loving Yu-na (scott) and start giving Mao the credit she deserves. After this performance, I think she is well on her way back to NBC's good side - she was even in the Universal Sports promo!
Back to top Go down
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei   Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 8:21 pm

maofan93 wrote:
They finally showed 4CC in the United States on Universal Sports, and I am glad to have been able to hear the positive commentary from American commentators about Mao. In this broadcast, there was not one mention of Yu-na; instead they focused on Mao. You could tell both Tara Lipinski and Andrea Joyce were cheering for Mao: all they had to say were positive comments on her performance. They even seemed a little upset when they saw she did not overtake Miki! I am hoping that the commentators will stop being so biased and obviously loving Yu-na (scott) and start giving Mao the credit she deserves. After this performance, I think she is well on her way back to NBC's good side - she was even in the Universal Sports promo!

That's good to hear. Can you share some of the comments they made about Mao? I think the commentators are more receptive of Lori's choreography. I remember Tracy Wilson were encouraging of Mao during early season.
Back to top Go down
KariDebate
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
KariDebate

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei   Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 9:00 pm

can someone link me to the universal sports coverage?, i really wanna hear their comments
Back to top Go down
periperi
Double Axel
Double Axel
periperi

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei   Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 9:50 pm

I wasn't at all surprised by the positive comments. From the moment Tara has started commentating, she has seemed to take a liking to Mao. Mao's been dubbed 'the fighter' of the ladies when Tara's around, and she makes Andrea Joyce bearable. To be honest, Tara's commentary has been surprisingly unbiased, which is a refreshing change from commentators like Peter, Scott and Sandra. I just wish she wouldn't talk so much during the performances... Sweatdrop
Back to top Go down
maofan93
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
maofan93

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei   Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 9:58 pm

I don't think there's a link yet, because it "premiered" tonight (LOL just a little late...).

Yes, periperi, I do enjoy Tara's commentary. She always finds something nice to say about the skaters, doesn't compare them to other skaters, etc. I hate it when the entire time one skater is skating, the commentators are talking about another skater.

First, they talked about her triple axel struggles, and then she nailed it, so they were "wowed". After her lutz, Tara was talking about how landing those three jumps was really great for Mao. They didn't really say much until the two-footed sal, which they called a small mistake. In the footwork they said she looked more relaxed and happy than previous seasons/performances. Then at the end they commented on her smile Smile. Finally in the K&C they were very excited to hear the scores, which they expected to be high. IMO they thought she was going to beat Miki in at least the freeskate if not the whole competition.

Tidbit from my mom: How did she not win? (Damn SP!!! She better nail it a worlds Smile )
Back to top Go down
Luckyone
Double Axel
Double Axel
Luckyone

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei   Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 10:09 pm

maofan93 wrote:

Tidbit from my mom: How did she not win? (Damn SP!!! She better nail it a worlds Smile )
lol My mom yelled the same things at the live online stream and my dad was asleep lol (it was about 2 am when happened lol) lol!
Back to top Go down
KariDebate
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
KariDebate

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei   Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 10:20 pm

maofan93 wrote:
I don't think there's a link yet, because it "premiered" tonight (LOL just a little late...).

Yes, periperi, I do enjoy Tara's commentary. She always finds something nice to say about the skaters, doesn't compare them to other skaters, etc. I hate it when the entire time one skater is skating, the commentators are talking about another skater.

First, they talked about her triple axel struggles, and then she nailed it, so they were "wowed". After her lutz, Tara was talking about how landing those three jumps was really great for Mao. They didn't really say much until the two-footed sal, which they called a small mistake. In the footwork they said she looked more relaxed and happy than previous seasons/performances. Then at the end they commented on her smile Smile. Finally in the K&C they were very excited to hear the scores, which they expected to be high. IMO they thought she was going to beat Miki in at least the freeskate if not the whole competition.

im so happy they commentated welll, its about time the American commentators acknowledge how great she is.......i cant wait for worlds, i knwo she will be awesome
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei   Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei - Page 37 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei
Page 37 of 39Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39  Next