Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mao News: Off-Season 2013

Go down 
+43
inskate
BowbowDaijin
chapis
sapphiresky
europeanfan
whiteboots2013
klarification
Haidogirl
shar
pearlyriver
mika
l-spiralmao
tianrushui
Czarace
Mao2012
aoi88
Asada_Rising
ElleluvsL
helen91
ilovethai
chiyori
zarinaballerina
Alokya
Hotaru
bibi
maowataiyo
Mao_Asada_sunrise
polosatik
ballerinamao
Abdiel
tinalulu
babayaga
let`s talk
kaarolcia
josling
silenceisgolden
COHK
sweetdream
linglang
shikure
☆Genie
roma
CraZsk8r
47 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

Mao News: Off-Season 2013 - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mao News: Off-Season 2013   Mao News: Off-Season 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 1:17 am

Thanks for translating, linglang!
Oh dear Mao, please don't stop competitng after Sochi. Pls continue to aim at Worlds in Tokyo! I wanna go there and see you skate!
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
shar

PostSubject: Re: Mao News: Off-Season 2013   Mao News: Off-Season 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 1:41 am

pearlyriver wrote:
And in 2010 Vancouver Olympics, she was on her dream stage and succeeded landing 3 3As in one competition, making a Guinness record.  However, she made two mistakes and ended up with silver medal.

But even if she had skated clean that time, she would still have scored less than Yuna, wouldn't she?
Yes!! The officials behind the scenes wanted Yuna to win no matter what. So even if anyone did 7 or more triples, and skated clean, she still would have won. They built too much around her winning to let anyone else beat her that night. All you had to do was listen to Scott Hamilton interviews to figure what the conclusion was going to be.

If she skated clean, I think Mao would've had a better chance of possibly beating Yuna if she had a different SP & LP music and choreo. That was not a good combination for the Olympic, WTF was her coach thinking giving her that horrid music. You guys may disagree, but that LP music was just too damn dreary and depressing. Especially for a happy, spirited, and gifted skater like Mao.
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Mao News: Off-Season 2013   Mao News: Off-Season 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 4:02 am

Wow, Mao is looking amazingly good! Hope she can keep momentum and show great performances at her GP first event, this is really important, go Mao!!!cheers Dance 
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Mao News: Off-Season 2013   Mao News: Off-Season 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 4:04 am

shar wrote:
pearlyriver wrote:
And in 2010 Vancouver Olympics, she was on her dream stage and succeeded landing 3 3As in one competition, making a Guinness record.  However, she made two mistakes and ended up with silver medal.

But even if she had skated clean that time, she would still have scored less than Yuna, wouldn't she?
Yes!! The officials behind the scenes wanted Yuna to win no matter what. So even if anyone did 7 or more triples, and skated clean, she still would have won. They built too much around her winning to let anyone else beat her that night. All you had to do was listen to Scott Hamilton interviews to figure what the conclusion was going to be.

If she skated clean, I think Mao would've had a better chance of possibly beating Yuna if she had a different SP & LP music and choreo. That was not a good combination for the Olympic, WTF was her coach thinking giving her that horrid music. You guys may disagree, but that LP music was just too damn dreary and depressing. Especially for a happy, spirited, and gifted skater like Mao.
To be honest, in single and pair skating clean performances, reputation and clean technique are much more important then the program. I love Plushy, but what about his porgrams? Trust me, program and a costume of course matter a lot, but it's far behind the first three points I mentioned.
Back to top Go down
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
shar

PostSubject: Re: Mao News: Off-Season 2013   Mao News: Off-Season 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 4:43 am

polosatik wrote:
shar wrote:
pearlyriver wrote:

To be honest, in single and pair skating clean performances, reputation and clean technique are much more important then the program. I love Plushy, but what about his porgrams? Trust me, program and a costume of course matter a lot, but it's far behind the first three points I mentioned.
Thanks polosatik, I do agree with you regarding the first three points, but I think the music also deducted points from her overall score. It made her overall performance seemed lackluster-ed. I don't think Mao ever fully merged with the music, no matter how hard she tried. And there wasn't much she could do transition wise with it either.
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Mao News: Off-Season 2013   Mao News: Off-Season 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 5:39 am

shar wrote:
polosatik wrote:
shar wrote:
pearlyriver wrote:

Thanks polosatik, I do agree with you regarding the first three points, but I think the music also deducted points from her overall score. It made her overall performance seemed lackluster-ed. I don't think Mao ever fully merged with the music, no matter how hard she tried. And there wasn't much she could do transition wise with it either.
Sure, but giving these points she still would be second, so as I said it matters but not enough to win.
Back to top Go down
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
shar

PostSubject: Re: Mao News: Off-Season 2013   Mao News: Off-Season 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 6:07 am

polosatik wrote:
shar wrote:
polosatik wrote:
shar wrote:
pearlyriver wrote:

Sure, but giving these points she still would be second, so as I said it matters but not enough to win.

I gotcha. Thumbs up!   Hopefully, if Mao stays sharp and consistent, we will have a closer scoring matchup then what we saw in Vancouver. I think Mao is finally ready mentally and physically.
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: Mao News: Off-Season 2013   Mao News: Off-Season 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 7:45 am

roma wrote:
Thanks for translating, linglang!
Oh dear Mao, please don't stop competitng after Sochi. Pls continue to aim at Worlds in Tokyo! I wanna go there and see you skate!
I really hope she will skate at worlds in Tokyo too. If she's able to pull off perfect performances at Olympics (and also she will probably skate for team event about 10 days before single event in Sochi), she may feel burn out when everything's over.  And I suppose it will be difficult for her to regain motivation within a month or so. But, I have a gut feeling that she will show up at worlds just for her fans.

What I really want is that JSF will not dare to send her to 4CC 2014.
Back to top Go down
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

PostSubject: Re: Mao News: Off-Season 2013   Mao News: Off-Season 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 7:51 am

The most important thing is Mao is looking fit and prepared so early in the season. She just needs to bring this confidence to competitions. Her jumps do appear cleaner. I agree with polosatik that performances are most important. I actually think when a skater consistently deliver great performances, the judges can become less nitpicky in their scoring.
As for Sochi, I am reminded of what Joannie said in a recent interview. http://olympictalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/16/joannie-rochette-figure-skating-canada-sochi-cbc/

She said Yuna, if she delivers, will be very hard to beat but then she mentions that Mao can also do really great, so the outcome is not determined yet. I totally agree with this. It is difficult to beat a favorite but not impossible. The skater who is able to do it will have to believe in herself fully and deliver.
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Mao News: Off-Season 2013   Mao News: Off-Season 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 8:20 am

The team events are earlier than the opening ceremony, right? The Olympic team must not be sent to 4CC since the dates are so near. JOC will be crazy if they do that. They have to be at their best and not feel any burn out.
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: Mao News: Off-Season 2013   Mao News: Off-Season 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 9:07 am

pearlyriver wrote:

That hypothesis was proven true at 2010 worlds where her clean FS was outscored by a half-hearted, subpar FS of OGM winner.  People give many reasons for it, jump quality, skating speed, transitions, ice coverage, music choice, etc. Above all,Team Kim capitalized on flaws in scoring system, 3 2As and GOEs whose scales & factors rewarded less difficult jumps more than more difficult jumps back then.

Even though Mao skated clean SP at Vancouver, there was a gap of 5 points, which's ridiculously huge.  To be honest I wasn't found of her masquerade program for both 2009 and 2010 seasons, but she made it a masterpiece at Vancouver.  The performance she delivered there was totally different from her previous executions in terms of quality and musicality.

Regarding 2010 worlds, Mr. Amano was another reason why her obviously clean performances were underscored with unjustifiable calls. About a year ago, I saw a clip of his performance at worlds where he attempted 3A and ended up in a three jump.  It wasn't 1A nor 2A, but a huge three turn. Snow  There was a speculation back then that he's so jealous about Mao that he's very strict and scrutinized her 3As. I thought it's a good joke, but after watching the clip, I believed it. Lips sealed

ETA: Well, these things are bygones.  Mao's so over it, as she says she doesn't remember bad things.  Now it seems she's more confident about her skating and jumps.  I'm happy to hear that she's done with jump rework and has moved on to improving them even more. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: Mao News: Off-Season 2013   Mao News: Off-Season 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 9:21 am

roma wrote:
The team events are earlier than the opening ceremony, right? The Olympic team must not be sent to 4CC since the dates are so near. JOC will be crazy if they do that. They have to be at their best and not feel any burn out.
According to wiki, team events are held on the 6th for pair and men SP and on the 8th for ice dance and ladies.  The opening ceremony is between them. I don't think Japan will proceed to FS ... to be honest I hope they will not.
Back to top Go down
Afsfan
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao News: Off-Season 2013   Mao News: Off-Season 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 9:21 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
mika wrote:
Mao seems to use 1st movement only. When she announced her programs, it's described as Op.18-1, and that information is on her official website. Plus, her new CD includes only 1st movement. I guess it's similar edit to Denis Ten's version.
Oh come on, TAT. I'm so dissapointed right now, 2nd movement has such a gorgeous melody, this piece was made for Mao. I just hope, her LP (music cut) won't be similar to Sasha's.Who, me? 

I totally agree, the second movement is made for her to skate why stick to the overused first (it's still legend music anyway).
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News: Off-Season 2013   Mao News: Off-Season 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 9:57 am

linglang wrote:
I don't think Japan will proceed to FS ... to be honest I hope they will not.
I agree. They might have a shot at top 6 after short programs, however there is no way that they will win a medal. This isn't a WTT format. If Mao has to skate in team event, I hope she'll only do a SP. And please Japan Fed, do not send olympians to a freaking 4CC. They are not machines, but humans who get burned out when pushed too hard!

I hope Mao will compete at Worlds.

Afsfan wrote:
I totally agree, the second movement is made for her to skate why stick to the overused first (it's still legend music anyway).
THIS. I loved Mao's Swan Lake, but I get a feeling, that TAT is recycling her old works on Mao. First with "The Bells" LP, then with Swan Lake and now Rachmaninov. I believe that Rachmaninov will be a masterpiece, but there are many other famous Russian composer to choose from, why this overused music? And if TAT is unable to think of anyone else, at least give her other parts of the concerto. Honestly, sometimes I think that TAT has a CD with top 100 music to skate to, on it, and it's the only CD that she's willing to use. Sorry if this sounds a bit mean, but it's just how I feel.
Back to top Go down
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chapis

PostSubject: Re: Mao News: Off-Season 2013   Mao News: Off-Season 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 10:19 am

If Mao is planning a 8 triples program, then she is planning to do a lutz??, I wonder how is doing with lutz because she had not included that jump like in 2 seasons??
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News: Off-Season 2013   Mao News: Off-Season 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 10:25 am

chapis wrote:
If Mao is planning a 8 triples program, then she is planning to do a lutz??, I wonder how is doing with lutz because she had not included that jump like in 2 seasons??
She did 3Lutz last season. It was actually rather good at times.
Back to top Go down
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chapis

PostSubject: Re: Mao News: Off-Season 2013   Mao News: Off-Season 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 10:26 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
chapis wrote:
Thank you, I am going to check it.
Back to top Go down
BowbowDaijin
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
BowbowDaijin

PostSubject: Re: Mao News: Off-Season 2013   Mao News: Off-Season 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 10:31 am

Yes, 3Lz was done as the third of fourth jump in Swan Lake and also Liebestraum 2 years ago.
But they were called as Error jump. However, for the audience like me, I think it is fine
but the judge could not check them. Just gave Mao "e" all the time.

Even the reporters on TV who always told the spectators that this is Axel, this is Salchow
usually shut their mouth to say it is Lutz or Flip.
Back to top Go down
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chapis

PostSubject: Re: Mao News: Off-Season 2013   Mao News: Off-Season 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 10:36 am

chapis wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:
chapis wrote:
Thank you, I am going to check it.
but she got "e" in NHK, China, 4CC and worlds Crying or Very sad , damn judges Mad 
Back to top Go down
AmazingGraceMao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
AmazingGraceMao

PostSubject: Re: Mao News: Off-Season 2013   Mao News: Off-Season 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 10:48 am

linglang wrote:
roma wrote:
According to wiki, team events are held on the 6th for pair and men SP and on the 8th for ice dance and ladies.  The opening ceremony is between them. I don't think Japan will proceed to FS ... to be honest I hope they will not.
I wish the same. LOL
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News: Off-Season 2013   Mao News: Off-Season 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 12:06 pm

chapis wrote:

but she got "e" in NHK, China, 4CC and worlds Crying or Very sad , damn judges Mad 
I guess that due to the bad technicque in the past, she doesn't get the benefit of the doubt, when the rotation or edge of her jumps is close to UR or "e".Depressed Crying  Unlike some others, who, even when at times visibly UR their jumps, somehow manage to get away with it.Mad 
Back to top Go down
Tripleaxelqueen

Tripleaxelqueen

PostSubject: Re: Mao News: Off-Season 2013   Mao News: Off-Season 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 12:20 pm

The mean girl mean wishes Mao will sit down the Grand Prix Season, so people can appreciate her. Here she is respecting the sport enough to compete even while reworking her jump, personal problems. But the moment Kim Yuna comes than everyone is oh missed Yuna Kim so much, she the best skater in the world and she is unbeatable, while forgetting about the girls who kept the skating relevant. So, since their Queen will skip the GP because of injuries? if Mao wasn't there, lets see tickets sells without a big name like Mao

I am so sick and tired of the commentators (Philip Hersh) Kim Yuna is the only Great Athlete of this sport comments disrespecting the efforts of other athletes.

Kim Yuna withdraws for GP series because she thinks she is too good for the even and she has bought into her own hype.
If Mao had withdrawn from GP finals last season because of her back pain, people would have said she was afraid of competing against Ashley.
But Yuna Kim is so amazing that withdrawing makes her more amazing

My promise to my self this season: Don't visit Golden Skate because the Mao Hate is at full capacity there. Skip TSL because Jenny Kirk is such Yuna Worshiper is ridiculous and more importantly never read anything Philip Hersh writes.

With that said the real Mao Fan in me wants so see her at the Grand Prix winning.
Back to top Go down
ilovethai
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
ilovethai

PostSubject: Re: Mao News: Off-Season 2013   Mao News: Off-Season 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 6:06 pm

Tripleaxelqueen wrote:
The mean girl mean wishes Mao will sit down the Grand Prix Season, so people can appreciate her. Here she is respecting the sport enough to compete even while reworking her jump, personal problems. But the moment Kim Yuna comes than everyone is oh missed Yuna Kim so much, she the best skater in the world and she is unbeatable, while forgetting about the girls who kept the skating relevant. So, since their Queen will skip the GP because of injuries? if Mao wasn't there, lets see tickets sells without a big name like Mao

I am so sick and tired of the commentators (Philip Hersh) Kim Yuna is the only Great Athlete of this sport comments disrespecting the efforts of other athletes.

Kim Yuna withdraws for GP series because she thinks she is too good for the even and she has bought into her own hype.
If Mao had withdrawn from GP finals last season because of her back pain, people would have said she was afraid of competing against Ashley.
But Yuna Kim is so amazing that withdrawing makes her more amazing

My promise to my self this season: Don't visit Golden Skate because the Mao Hate is at full capacity there. Skip TSL because Jenny Kirk is such Yuna Worshiper is ridiculous and more importantly never read anything Philip Hersh writes.

With that said the real Mao Fan in me wants so see her at the Grand Prix winning.
I <3 you.

Often, I think the same thing about Mao being under-appreciated. But you see.. that's our beloved Mao. A relentless fighting spirit and pure, unadulterated love for her sport of figure skating. She keeps skating even when the odds are stacked against her.

And about people not appreciating Mao enough? Gurl.. you just wait til Mao retires. Then see how people are gon' miss her.
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: Mao News: Off-Season 2013   Mao News: Off-Season 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 8:05 pm

Tripleaxelqueen wrote:

Glad that I'm not the only one who find Jenny Kirk annoying, not just because she worships Mao. I find her voice and mannerism so irritating. It's all an act. I don't feel sincerity in her.
Back to top Go down
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao News: Off-Season 2013   Mao News: Off-Season 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 9:00 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:

If Mao has to skate in team event, I hope she'll only do a SP.  
Re. team event, there's already guideline of selecting representative athletes published by JSF (taking from FSU, translated by Akira Andrea:

"4. The selecting method of the player of the Olympics team competition.

The selection of Men and Ladies single.
According to the following standard, it selects a skater of short program and a skater of free skating for the Olympic team competition from among the single player who was selected as the Olympics representative.

・The skater of short program of Olympic team competition.
The highest rank person of the short program of ISU season best score at the time of the ending of Japan Nationals.
・The skater of free skating of Olympic team competition.
The highest rank person of the free skating of ISU season best score at the time of the ending of Japan Nationals.

But, if the highest rank person of the short program and the highest rank person of the free skating is an identical player, as for ISU season best score, the skater of free skating shall be the player of the second highest mark of ISU season best score."

So there should be no worry about one skater skating both SP/FS in team event (for Jpn single)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mao News: Off-Season 2013   Mao News: Off-Season 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mao News: Off-Season 2013
Page 11 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next