Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mao News: Off-Season 2013

Go down 
+43
inskate
BowbowDaijin
chapis
sapphiresky
europeanfan
whiteboots2013
klarification
Haidogirl
shar
pearlyriver
mika
l-spiralmao
tianrushui
Czarace
Mao2012
aoi88
Asada_Rising
ElleluvsL
helen91
ilovethai
chiyori
zarinaballerina
Alokya
Hotaru
bibi
maowataiyo
Mao_Asada_sunrise
polosatik
ballerinamao
Abdiel
tinalulu
babayaga
let`s talk
kaarolcia
josling
silenceisgolden
COHK
sweetdream
linglang
shikure
☆Genie
roma
CraZsk8r
47 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
AuthorMessage
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

Mao News: Off-Season 2013 - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mao News: Off-Season 2013   Mao News: Off-Season 2013 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 2:55 am

Is there any CD of Akiko's music? I must admit that I'm more interested in Akiko's programs. They're always beautifully cut. Or it'd be perfect if they releast a compilation of all Japanese skaters' music: Dai, Nobu, Taka, Mao, Akiko, Miki, Shizuka and Kanako Wub 
Back to top Go down
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Haidogirl

PostSubject: Re: Mao News: Off-Season 2013   Mao News: Off-Season 2013 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 4:12 am

pearlyriver wrote:
Is there any CD of Akiko's music? I must admit that I'm more interested in Akiko's programs. They're always beautifully cut. Or it'd be perfect if they releast a compilation of  all Japanese skaters' music: Dai, Nobu, Taka, Mao, Akiko, Miki, Shizuka and Kanako Wub 
I have that! But i made it by myself lol! 
Back to top Go down
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao News: Off-Season 2013   Mao News: Off-Season 2013 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 8:15 pm

COHK wrote:
shikure wrote:
http://hon.gakken.jp/book/1020372800 new book of Mao and combined part of the book which was cancelled in 2012(?)
浅田真央 そして、その瞬間へ
Mao News: Off-Season 2013 - Page 13 40520310
The book is just published.
cheers And now amazon.co.jp carries the book!
I already got the book I love you 
Went through the book very quickly...there were a lot of details about what Mao has gone through since the Vancouver Oly.
A lot of details about choreography in between the seasons, choosing the costumes, and the ups and downs in major competitions
during the past few years.
Of course there are a lot of parts I don't understand (given my 'fake' Japanese reading knowledge), but I enjoy reading the parts about how she works with coach Sato throughout.
And the part about losing her mother is Depressed Crying 

I really hope someone will be able to translate the book into another lg in the future.

NB: someone posted the photos of the book jacket/ covers here:
http://ameblo.jp/white-mimi/image-11650398029-12726541269.html
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: Mao News: Off-Season 2013   Mao News: Off-Season 2013 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 8:52 pm

COHK, I thought you're Japanese Embarassed . Your Japanese is so good.
Back to top Go down
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao News: Off-Season 2013   Mao News: Off-Season 2013 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 1:04 am

pearlyriver wrote:
Wink 

No, I'm not Japanese. I'm relying on my native Chinese language (to help with understanding the Kanji) and English (to help with the terminologies) to read most of the Jpn figure skating info, plus my background training as a linguist.

BTW, I do read our FB forum from time to time!sunny 
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: Mao News: Off-Season 2013   Mao News: Off-Season 2013 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 1:11 am

COHK wrote:
pearlyriver wrote:
Wink 

No, I'm not Japanese. I'm relying on my native Chinese language (to help with understanding the Kanji) and English (to help with the terminologies) to read most of the Jpn figure skating info, plus my background training as a linguist.

That's amazing. You understand Japanese really well. Thumbs up!
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: Mao News: Off-Season 2013   Mao News: Off-Season 2013 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 1:17 am

COHK wrote:
pearlyriver wrote:
Wink 

Oops, you must've read my comment there Embarassed
Back to top Go down
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao News: Off-Season 2013   Mao News: Off-Season 2013 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 2:01 am

linglang wrote:
COHK wrote:
pearlyriver wrote:
Wink 

That's amazing. You understand Japanese really well. Thumbs up!
Embarassed Thank you! linglang
And pearlyriver, I feel flattered that you mentioned me in the FB forum. I like both here and FB forum a lot, as both are the best forums to share info about Mao!I love you 
Back to top Go down
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Haidogirl

PostSubject: Re: Mao News: Off-Season 2013   Mao News: Off-Season 2013 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 5:03 am

COHK wrote:
pearlyriver wrote:
Wink 

I envy you for your japanese skills!
Back to top Go down
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao News: Off-Season 2013   Mao News: Off-Season 2013 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 6:26 am

Mai introduces the new book in her sports news segment:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auZE_BrXVSk

The following are some "anecdotes" from the newly published book:
#When Mao went to Canada to work with Lori on "I got rhythm" SP in May 2011, Tomáš Verner was also at the same rink and contributed some movements to Mao's SP
# The original costume for "I got rhythm" was in blue color.
# Team Sato now also uses ipad to help videotaping Mao's skating, and this started with Kumiko Sensei buying an ipad in 2011.
# Since this summer, Mao has been working with Coach Sato on the last phase of her technic reforming. She has been working on: Lz, Flip, and the (skating) speed during the summer.
# When Mao went to Tarasova for choreography in summer 2011, Mao ended up with the choices of either the Swan Lake or Rach 2. (Thus I've always thought that her choice of skating to Rach 2 is rather a conscious choice: she has already known that she'll skate to it, at the right time...)
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: Mao News: Off-Season 2013   Mao News: Off-Season 2013 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 6:40 am

COHK wrote:

#When Mao went to Canada to work with Lori on "I got rhythm" SP in May 2011, Tomáš Verner was also at the same rink and contributed some movements to Mao's SP
# Team Sato now also uses ipad to help videotaping Mao's skating, and this started with Kumiko Sensei buying an ipad in 2011.
# Since this summer, Mao has been working with Coach Sato on the last phase of her technic reforming. She has been working on: Lz, Flip, and the (skating) speed during the summer.
# When Mao went to Tarasova for choreography in summer 2011, Mao ended up with the choices of  either the Swan Lake or Rach 2. (Thus I've always thought that her choice of skating to Rach 2 is rather a conscious choice: she has already known that she'll skate to it, at the right time...)
COHK, thanks for always keeping me informed of Mao's latest news. I don't like Mao's SP costume at all. It makes her look childish and like a glow stick (no offense:oops: ).
Back to top Go down
Ken Himura
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Ken Himura

PostSubject: Re: Mao News: Off-Season 2013   Mao News: Off-Season 2013 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 7:11 pm

COHK wrote:

# When Mao went to Tarasova for choreography in summer 2011, Mao ended up with the choices of  either the Swan Lake or Rach 2. (Thus I've always thought that her choice of skating to Rach 2 is rather a conscious choice: she has already known that she'll skate to it, at the right time...)
Thank you! so much COHK, you are so kind! Daisies for you
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Mao News: Off-Season 2013   Mao News: Off-Season 2013 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 8:44 pm

COHK wrote:

Thanks, COHK! I just ordered my copy via Amazon JP. I hope I get it by the end of the week. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao News: Off-Season 2013   Mao News: Off-Season 2013 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 11:12 pm

Thank you, everyone! I just hope that everyone enjoys it! Smile 

Adding: according to the news here --
http://www.nikkansports.com/sports/news/p-sp-tp0-20131029-1210751.html

Since the book was published on 24th, the publisher has sold out 30,000 copies of the book within about a week. Shocked 
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News: Off-Season 2013   Mao News: Off-Season 2013 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 2:57 am

COHK wrote:

Thank you! Worship Worship Worship Daisies for you 
Back to top Go down
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Haidogirl

PostSubject: Re: Mao News: Off-Season 2013   Mao News: Off-Season 2013 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 1:25 am

COHK wrote:

Thank you for this!
For some reason, i cant help but smiling by the imagine of coach Sato with an iPad lol! 
Back to top Go down
sapphiresky
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
sapphiresky

PostSubject: Re: Mao News: Off-Season 2013   Mao News: Off-Season 2013 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 10:59 am

COHK wrote:

Since the book was published on 24th, the publisher has sold out 30,000 copies of the book within about a week. Shocked 
cheers Yay congrats Mao! I wonder if we can convince them to have an official English translated copy of the book- I'm sure many people would buy it!

Here's a cute video of Mao and Mai- comparing their wingspan?lol! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9gqD-rU1Yk
Back to top Go down
silenceisgolden
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
silenceisgolden

PostSubject: Re: Mao News: Off-Season 2013   Mao News: Off-Season 2013 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 10:02 am

Sumitomo Life Insurance Co. TV commercial "job huning" version

Dear Mao Asada,

I know you bumped into walls and got over them time after time,
you rose everytime you fell.
I don't compete on a worldwide level like you do, but I won't give up either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWjIzbpPleI
Back to top Go down
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao News: Off-Season 2013   Mao News: Off-Season 2013 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 5:46 pm

Another CM for "Nepia" tissue --

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wG552l1CMaQ&feature=youtu.be

Mao is building a forest...Smile 
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: Mao News: Off-Season 2013   Mao News: Off-Season 2013 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 8:57 pm

COHK wrote:
Another CM for "Nepia" tissue --

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wG552l1CMaQ&feature=youtu.be

Mao is building a forest...Smile 
How lovely. I guess Nepia tissue is the only thing Mao advertises that I can buy Razz 
Back to top Go down
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Haidogirl

PostSubject: Re: Mao News: Off-Season 2013   Mao News: Off-Season 2013 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 12:34 am

Quote :
Yay congrats Mao! I wonder if we can convince them to have an official English translated copy of the book- I'm sure many people would buy it!
I would buy it for sure! study 
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: Mao News: Off-Season 2013   Mao News: Off-Season 2013 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 12:43 am

Haidogirl wrote:

Quote :
Yay congrats Mao! I wonder if we can convince them to have an official English translated copy of the book- I'm sure many people would buy it!
I would buy it for sure! study 
I should make a list of things Mao endorses/produces that I want to buy and work my butt off to buy them. lol! 
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: Mao News: Off-Season 2013   Mao News: Off-Season 2013 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 1:33 am

Mao and the ultimate program
Back to top Go down
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao News: Off-Season 2013   Mao News: Off-Season 2013 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 4:42 am

silenceisgolden wrote:
Sumitomo Life Insurance Co. TV commercial "job huning" version

And Sumitomo's 'Mao-supporting website' just updates Mao's mini-blog "Mao's eye":

http://mao-asada-ouen.jp/eye/05/

The photo was probably taken in Detroit...Mao & the giant pumpkin! (On a side note...I miss WholeFoods!!)
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: Mao News: Off-Season 2013   Mao News: Off-Season 2013 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 4:47 am

Thank you everyone for the updates Very Happy
I think this thread should be closed now because this is the one for off-season news.
Please use the 2013-2014 season thread for Mao news and updates. Thank you! Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mao News: Off-Season 2013   Mao News: Off-Season 2013 - Page 13 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mao News: Off-Season 2013
Page 13 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13