Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future?

Go down 
+62
josling
helen91
Asada_Rising
AmazingGraceMao
mini34ans
linglang
Mao2012
whiteboots2013
Czarace
Abdiel
pearlyriver
let`s talk
ashcroft1086
Batsuchan
shikure
patknowsbest
CraZsk8r
Alokya
sunsilk
Cloviece
Afsfan
ElleluvsL
sarahjoanne419
apple4me
zarinaballerina
nrohhcnerf
Lelya
swan
maofan93
KariDebate
FatiniAdlina
europeanfan
pradap
ClairDeMao
periperi
gurami
chelseamarie
goldmao
midnightfrostifyx
ballerinamao
Dani-Chan
Star85
dangerous_angel_face
klarification
bellarina
sapphiresky
maowataiyo
alyssa
dlnnyc
yuki
Maya
polosatik
fallingdance
chineseteacup
BowbowDaijin
aoi88
chiyori
mingming
chapis
kawaiimao
PochinkoPotanko
66 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future? - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future?   Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 10:21 am

I want Mao to skate her SP to Russian dance by Chaikovsky and her LP to Spartacus, I know the music is not that can be suited Mao well by first sight,but I think she can sell it so well and since she become more fierce it can become a great LP! cheers I'm loving LP Bazarova Larinov to this music this season)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJTNaZKbaYs Russian dance(Ulyana!Yes!)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6784n_4QCI Adagio Spartacus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mbqo0LoQvCgVariation of Aegina and Bacchanalia Spartacus(my favourite part)
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future?   Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 2:02 am

polosatik wrote:
I want Mao to skate her SP to Russian dance by Chaikovsky and her LP to Spartacus, I know the music is not that can be suited Mao well by first sight,but I think she can sell it so well and since she become more fierce it can become a great LP! cheers I'm loving LP Bazarova Larinov to this music this season)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJTNaZKbaYs Russian dance(Ulyana!Yes!)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6784n_4QCI Adagio Spartacus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mbqo0LoQvCgVariation of Aegina and Bacchanalia Spartacus(my favourite part)

I love Spartacus, one of my favourite ballets. Wub But I would love, love, love it, if Mao would be skating to Holst's The Planets for her Olympic LP, especially the Jupiter part. Dance Love Hearts Swoon

East of Eden would also work great for her, but unfortunately, it's been done to death by others.

Whatever she'll choose, I hope it'll be powerful and she'll go out if a major bang. Yep! Rockstar But no Swan Lake please, I don't think it would be a good idea, if she were to recycle her program/s for Olympics again.
Back to top Go down
Czarace

Czarace

PostSubject: Re: Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future?   Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 1:49 pm

I think a mix of the newest Anna Karenina soundtrack. It's poignant, classical- I know it's a little on the heavy Russian side, but its not like Bells of Moscow. Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
http://theczarisalive.blogspot.com
swan
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
swan

PostSubject: Re: Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future?   Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 3:08 pm

i haven't watched anna karenina yet (though i definitely would love to!) i think it would be great for mao to use the soundtrack for sochi since the movie is based on the russian novel. it's not really my preference for skaters to use soundtracks to movies but it would be very fitting for mao to give it a try!
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future?   Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 3:13 pm

I haven't seen Karenina yet, nor have I heard the music, but I love it when skaters use soundtracks and it is a story written by a Russian and is happening in Russia, so yes, I think it could be great, as long as it's powerful and nothing like Bells (that music was too monotone, imo).
Back to top Go down
Czarace

Czarace

PostSubject: Re: Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future?   Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 4:10 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7O5cd0J1wYI here's a link to the my favourite piece from the soundtrack. It's romantic, especially during the slower parts where the music wells up.....it's a little towards the 'Masquerade' spectrum but I think it's not too grand that Mao can't play up to it. It's also not too sexy, so Mao wouldn't look too aloof like with her Agony Tango.

...that is, so long that it's a Nichol programme...or maybe Camerlengo would be a good choice? Tat might overcook the damn thing.
Back to top Go down
http://theczarisalive.blogspot.com
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future?   Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 3:13 am

My favourite piece on the soundtrack is this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWljoJthwSs

Anna Karenina could work for Mao, it has everything. There's sad music a bit of "dark" music, waltz... I'm just not sure what TAT would do with this, not to mention what kind of costume she'd design. pale

But my personal favourite is still Holst's The Planets. Love Hearts

I'm pretty sure Mao's choreographers for Sochi will be Lori and TAT.
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future?   Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 12:08 pm

After listening to Lena's FS music,I realized it composed by a quite bad singer in the past(Dmitri Malikov), but he is a good pianist and composer!
His album "panacea" includes a lot of great musical pieces.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTPQzPYjafw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eg8nHPlcLU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRGxNuRzGdo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rESdJlknm-g the one Lena used in her FS
From another album https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z50n0mZgZxo (love this one!)
Back to top Go down
whiteboots2013

whiteboots2013

PostSubject: Re: Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future?   Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 7:16 am

This topic is really fun!!!
I agree with some of you. My favorite is CINEMA PARADISO LOVE THEME as LP. "One Summer's Day", "Merry-go-round of life" and "Atushime OPening", "Happyend"(Ryuichi Sakamoto)... Very Happy
Dobussy ARABESQUE No.1 queen

How about "13 Jours en France", "Rain"(Ryuich Sakamoto), "The angels wings of Rockfeller Center"(Nobuyuki Tujii), "Air on G string(Bach), "Chariots of Fire",etc. as SP? flower
Back to top Go down
Mao2012
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Mao2012

PostSubject: Re: Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future?   Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 7:48 am

I think that Mao wants to have every year two completely different programs: one light/happy/passionate and one classical/lyrical/elegant (but she's always elegant! Hell, no! )... I think that "Danse Macabre" would be wonderful for her, but it was Yu-Na's music, so she won't ever choose it! Very Mad
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future?   Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 5:58 pm

Since I'm so addicted to her Nocturne program, every time I hear the music my mind gets full of the image she's skating to it. I found this violin version which is so beautiful. I really, really want to see her to skate to it. I know she will not use same music for competition, so maybe at shows in the future, but I will die for joy if she skate to it next season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOlF3tJLTUs
Back to top Go down
mini34ans

PostSubject: Re: Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future?   Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 7:31 am

I want her to skate along Disney music. Her Mary Poppins was beautiful, and Dorothy in the OZ (not sure of whether this was Disney?) was awsome.

She will well embody fairy or princess image in the program.

I don't want her choreographers to use tough, heavy or gypsy type of music, which does not suit her image or skating style.
Back to top Go down
Abdiel
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future?   Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 12:10 am

mini34ans wrote:
I want her to skate along Disney music. Her Mary Poppins was beautiful, and Dorothy in the OZ (not sure of whether this was Disney?) was awsome.

She will well embody fairy or princess image in the program.

I don't want her choreographers to use tough, heavy or gypsy type of music, which does not suit her image or skating style.

DISNEY music!!!! Happy dance

Mao already has played Dorothy in junior and senior programs. Remember her 2004-2005 junior SP, and 2005-2006 exhibition program? Especially in the one where she skates with her dog, Aero. Wub Other Disney-theme exhibitions include 'True love's kiss' and 'A whole new world' both with J. Buttle. These princess themed programs suit her well, but I don't want her to overuse it.

... oh screw me. I am imagining her skating to 'Brave' music.
Back to top Go down
mini34ans

PostSubject: Re: Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future?   Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 1:26 am

I am sorry. I have to post my message on this page but automatically sent it to Abdiel.

What I wrote was:

I know Disney was used in past Galas and junior motives. But to me her junior days appeal more to me. Very cute and fun-loving. Galas are more attractive than her regular ones. She may develop Gala motives more into regular ones, I believe.

From my observation: Mao is more appealing when she shows her quiet, subtle, and feminie sides. Her Olympic programs was not appealing to me, let alone 2006-7 czerdas and 2011 Tango. (Sorry for people who think different from me:) Very brave attempts but not appealing to me.

What I find her fantastic is 2005-6 junior programs, 2006 Chopin Nocturne, 2007-8 Chopin impromptu and 2010 Olympic Short.

Since she got all titles but Olympic Gold. Her choregraphers must maximize her attractions for this aim. Sad, Heavy, Tough charisma, Gloomy music don't suit her much, which is the result of my observation from Past Programs.

Yeah, but I agree that there may be a possible overuse of the same kind of music, which might become also one of side affects.

Last edited by mini34ans on Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mini34ans

PostSubject: Re: Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future?   Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 1:40 am

What I want to recommend for her is (As Abdiel puts it, it may be overuse of same music) like this:

(These are similar to Chopin pieces that were previously used)

1. Madchens Wunsch by Badarczewska
2. Schubert' Serenade
3. Silvery Waves BY ADDISON WYMAN
4. Beethoven Piano Sonata #8 Patheticque, Second movement in A flat major
5. Traeumerei, By Schumann

Perhaps I may have to look for music in a bit faster tempo, but those music could express romantic parts of her.

Somebody may have mentioned these alreay, since I have not read all comments here. (I'll try, and I am relatively new here)

Last edited by mini34ans on Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:46 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future?   Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 2:41 am

Mao updated her blog  Razz
http://maimao-asada.com/mao/about-game/2013/03/21/510/

Thank you so much for your support at worlds
My performances were not the greatest ones though, I think I was able to deliver what I’ve been doing so far as a whole. I feel I’m steadily moving up steps.
When the competition was over, I was awarded the bronze medal and I was very happy because I ended up 6th in the last two seasons. But, of course, I’m not satisfied.
I think I feel dissatisfied primarily because I’ve came back to the level where I can feel so. So, it’s funny mixed feeling of happiness and dissatisfaction. : -)
The next world championship will be held in Japan! I’m looking forward to it!

The picture is a skate boot I found at a market near the rink in London, Canada.
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future?   Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 3:26 am

Thank you so much linglang for translation!~ sunny cheers
Back to top Go down
AmazingGraceMao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
AmazingGraceMao

PostSubject: Re: Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future?   Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 3:28 am

linglang wrote:
Mao updated her blog  Razz
http://maimao-asada.com/mao/about-game/2013/03/21/510/

Thank you so much for your support at worlds
My performances were not the greatest ones though, I think I was able to deliver what I’ve been doing so far as a whole. I feel I’m steadily moving up steps.
When the competition was over, I was awarded the bronze medal and I was very happy because I ended up 6th in the last two seasons. But, of course, I’m not satisfied.
I think I feel dissatisfied primarily because I’ve came back to the level where I can feel so. So, it’s funny mixed feeling of happiness and dissatisfaction. : -)
The next world championship will be held in Japan! I’m looking forward to it!

The picture is a skate boot I found at a market near the rink in London, Canada.

flower I am happy for your steady progress, Mao!

Thanks Linglang for translating. Thank you!
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future?   Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 3:50 am

Embarassed Just noticed I've post it in a wrong thread.
I'll repost it in Mao news thread. Sweatdrop

Thanks polosatik and AmazingGraceMao.
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future?   Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 5:09 am

mini34ans wrote:
I am sorry. I have to post my message on this page but automatically sent it to Abdiel.

What I wrote was:

I know Disney was used in past Galas and junior motives. But to me her junior days appeal more to me. Very cute and fun-loving. Galas are more attractive than her regular ones. She may develop Gala motives more into regular ones, I believe.

From my observation: Mao is more appealing when she shows her quiet, subtle, and feminie sides. Her Olympic programs was not appealing to me, let alone 2006-7 czerdas and 2011 Tango. (Sorry for people who think different from me:) Very brave attempts but not appealing to me.

What I find her fantastic is 2005-6 junior programs, 2006 Chopin Nocturne, 2007-8 Chopin impromptu and 2010 Olympic Short.

Since she got all titles but Olympic Gold. Her choregraphers must maximize her attractions for this aim. Sad, Heavy, Tough charisma, Gloomy music don't suit her much, which is the result of my observation from Past Programs.

Yeah, but I agree that there may be a possible overuse of the same kind of music, which might become also one of side affects.

I think she can pull off tango nicely. She was great with Por Una Cabeza and it's one of the most favorite gala pieces among her fans. I can also imagine her skating to Kanako's tango piece this year. Ideally, I'd like to see an SP showing her feminine, elegant and subtle sides, while a more dramatic FS with faster tempo bringing out her fighting spirit and athleticism.
Back to top Go down
mini34ans

PostSubject: Re: Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future?   Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 8:55 pm

[/quote]
I think she can pull off tango nicely. She was great with Por Una Cabeza and it's one of the most favorite gala pieces among her fans. I can also imagine her skating to Kanako's tango piece this year. Ideally, I'd like to see an SP showing her feminine, elegant and subtle sides, while a more dramatic FS with faster tempo bringing out her fighting spirit and athleticism. [/quote]

--->I agree with you at some point, but not all of them. Her tangos were nice. 2009 Por Una Cabeza version is more preferable to me, though. She appeared to enjoy every moment. 2011 version of Tango was nice,but not impressive to me.

Tango is a genre that requires expressions of sexual excitement and intensity. Tango Dancers should be able to give sedusive looks and body movements. Tango is music(of course, there are many different notes in Tango) better suited for a mature, sensual, and ripe woman.

On the other hand, Mao looks very young for her age. Her tangos are nice but lack in some kind of mature appeal.
Mao feels like a classic dancer(especially Ballerina), and choreographers must pull the best out of her in that direction.

In terms of HER FREE PROGRAM, I wanto see her faster and athletic sides. However, her jumps have more of soft quality. All her moves are in soft touch. Partly because she never showed her strong masculine parts?? She may have different sides that people have not yet gotten aware of. But my question is as long as her jumps and other movements are not in agressive athletic kinds, Mmmmm?

I agree with you that she may adot faster programs, maybe such as masquerade back then. I heard some people say Mao's skating is not faster than some others. As much as speed is also an important component in judging, her choosing faster music is not objectionable. But the key point is how efficient it is done. Team Mao is considering many in thoughts, now.
Back to top Go down
mini34ans

PostSubject: Re: Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future?   Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 9:13 pm

Now I come up with a composer like Johann Strauss II. His music might be better. When I saw Lambiel's comeback in EURO 2010, his La Traviata was superb. Mao perhaps is able to give such quality using music like Blue Danube Waltz and Voice of Spring Waltz. Some adaptations may be necessary, though.

I may put her Mao in classical direction too much, Shocked
Back to top Go down
whiteboots2013

whiteboots2013

PostSubject: Re: Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future?   Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 9:23 am

I saw Mao's performance at Ice show twice directly. flower It was The Ice. Mao showed us different aspects of her expressions. She has a variety. Sometimes, a funny girl. Sometimes, a beautiful and elegant woman. I really enjoy her performance in different charactor. This is one of her virtue. It is nice for her to choose her favorite music in the next season,too. So, she will put her emotion naturally and beautifully again. cheers
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future?   Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 4:14 am

whiteboots2013 wrote:
I saw Mao's performance at Ice show twice directly. flower It was The Ice. Mao showed us different aspects of her expressions. She has a variety. Sometimes, a funny girl. Sometimes, a beautiful and elegant woman. I really enjoy her performance in different charactor. This is one of her virtue. It is nice for her to choose her favorite music in the next season,too. So, she will put her emotion naturally and beautifully again. cheers

Lucky you!!!
I agree, she's very versatile. I can't wait to hear what music she chose for Oly's. Hopefully this time, she won't wait until the start of the season to tell us. affraid I don't think I can wait this long. Faint2

Whatever music she'll choose (please let it be Holst's The Jupiter Worship ), I hope she won't reuse any of her this year's programs.
Back to top Go down
whiteboots2013

whiteboots2013

PostSubject: Re: Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future?   Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 4:43 am

Lucky you!!!
I agree, she's very versatile. I can't wait to hear what music she chose for Oly's. Hopefully this time, she won't wait until the start of the season to tell us. affraid I don't think I can wait this long. Faint2

Whatever music she'll choose (please let it be Holst's The Jupiter Worship ), I hope she won't reuse any of her this year's programs.[/quote]

Yes,zarinaballerina, thanks for your words sunny
I also can't wait Mao's music for Oly's Happy dance
The Jupiter...it was so goood Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Someone says, "Mao can cure cancer." about the program. I think so ,too.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future?   Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future? - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future?
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next