Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future?

Go down 
+62
josling
helen91
Asada_Rising
AmazingGraceMao
mini34ans
linglang
Mao2012
whiteboots2013
Czarace
Abdiel
pearlyriver
let`s talk
ashcroft1086
Batsuchan
shikure
patknowsbest
CraZsk8r
Alokya
sunsilk
Cloviece
Afsfan
ElleluvsL
sarahjoanne419
apple4me
zarinaballerina
nrohhcnerf
Lelya
swan
maofan93
KariDebate
FatiniAdlina
europeanfan
pradap
ClairDeMao
periperi
gurami
chelseamarie
goldmao
midnightfrostifyx
ballerinamao
Dani-Chan
Star85
dangerous_angel_face
klarification
bellarina
sapphiresky
maowataiyo
alyssa
dlnnyc
yuki
Maya
polosatik
fallingdance
chineseteacup
BowbowDaijin
aoi88
chiyori
mingming
chapis
kawaiimao
PochinkoPotanko
66 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future? - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future?   Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 3:54 am

Has any skater skated to Beethoven's Pathetique Sonata? I've just heard Yundi Li's interpretation and it brought me to tears. That music will suit Mao perfectly like Clair De Lune. They both sound like a neverending dream. There're so many other music pieces I'd like to see Mao skate to, but sadly Depressed Crying

Back to top Go down
Iceriver
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future?   Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 4:03 pm

I was listening to "le temps des cerises" (a very beautiful french song with deep historical meaning as well because of the context in which it was written) and I was thinking how great it would be to see Mao skating to it in an exhibition program. Loved this song since I watched the film "Porco Rosso" by Studio Ghibli and heard it sung by Tokiko Kato. Just love this piece and I think it's perfect for Mao, the piano sounds are so lyrical and light but at the same time Tokiko's voice adds power and emotion to the music. I find it nostalgic and melancholic...not exactly sad, that's what I like about it, it's not drama but something more subtle, like Mao. Additionally, I think this is how most of us feel now, nostalgic and even sad because she's retiring but happy for what she's achieved and wishing her the best for the future I love you 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZrrhlTYsKA
Back to top Go down
sapphiresky
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
sapphiresky

PostSubject: Re: Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future?   Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 12:56 am

Iceriver wrote:
I was listening to "le temps des cerises" (a very beautiful french song with deep historical meaning as well because of the context in which it was written) and I was thinking how great it would be to see Mao skating to it in an exhibition program. Loved this song since I watched the film "Porco Rosso" by Studio Ghibli and heard it sung by Tokiko Kato. Just love this piece and I think it's perfect for Mao, the piano sounds are so lyrical and light but at the same time Tokiko's voice adds power and emotion to the music. I find it nostalgic and melancholic...not exactly sad, that's what I like about it, it's not drama but something more subtle, like Mao. Additionally, I think this is how most of us feel now, nostalgic and even sad because she's retiring but happy for what she's achieved and wishing her the best for the future I love you 

I really like this song too! Thanks for sharing!

This is why I'm sad Mao is retiring...so many good music choices she hasn't skated to yet Sad 
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future?   Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 1:25 am

Iceriver wrote:

Iceriver, you know so much about FS sunny . I don't particularly remember Porco Rosso but I vividly remember the nostalgic feeling simmering throughout the movie which culminated when the song was sung, nostalgic but not melancholy. It's also a great song to skate in in exhibition in an important and universal event like Olympics.
Back to top Go down
Iceriver
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future?   Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 3:04 am

pearlyriver wrote:
Iceriver, you know so much about FS sunny . I don't particularly remember Porco Rosso but I vividly remember the nostalgic feeling simmering throughout the movie which culminated when the song was sung, nostalgic but not melancholy. It's also a great song to skate in in exhibition in an important and universal event like Olympics.
Believe me, I'm not that knowledgeable, but thank you for your comment Very Happy. Let's hope Mao keeps skating in lots of shows so she can skate to all of these wonderful music pieces that have been mentioned in this thread!
Back to top Go down
Iceriver
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future?   Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 7:18 am

Another great choice of music for Mao: the humming chorus (or "coro a bocca chiusa") from Madama Butterfly. I know that butterfly has already been mentioned here, but I don't know if anyone referred to this particular section. Not sure if you're familiarized with this opera, but this music sounds while Cio-Cio-San / Butterfly is waiting for her American husband (Pinkerton) to come back. This section turns out to be really sad once you discover that Pinkerton has already married another woman in America and has just return so as to take his/her child with him to his country. The music is so beautiful, though, and it expresses Butterfly's joy when she sees Pinkerton's ship approaching the coast.

I imagine a program similar to Jupiter, even a similar dress but more resembling a Kimono. Hope you enjoy this music, although I guess you already know this piece:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0f1k14GQmNE
Back to top Go down
Manyhx3

PostSubject: Re: Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future?   Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 8:42 am

I would like to see her skate to "I believe in you" by Celine Dion and Il Divo. A beautiful one, that reflects both in her family beliefs towards her and that she will do well.
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future?   Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 10:23 am

Manyhx3 wrote:
I would like to see her skate to "I believe in you" by Celine Dion and Il Divo. A beautiful one, that reflects both in her family beliefs towards her and that she will do well.

Good choice  Very Happy , I can totally picture it, but more as an exhibition since I am not a fan of using lyrics in a competitive program
Back to top Go down
Otchoto de mus :3
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future?   Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 10:49 am

There's a song I can totally imagine a skater skate on (although I think it's not really Mao's type of music, ...). the song is entitled " Play Minstrel Play" by Blackmore's night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fomtue_jLNI

Especiatlly after 2:26, I can imagine the program with spins ans step sequences ...

What do you think ?
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future?   Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 11:46 am

Otchoto de mus :3 wrote:
There's a song I can totally imagine a skater skate on (although I think it's not really Mao's type of music, ...). the song is entitled " Play Minstrel Play" by Blackmore's night.

Especiatlly after 2:26,  I can imagine the program with spins ans step sequences ...

What do you think ?

I like the song, but without the lyrics it would be very repetitive and anticlimactic, I would personally like Mao to skate to a competitive program like her exhibition por una capeza for the sp something upbeat which requires passion but still elegant and sophisticated.

I think Camerlengo might have the magic formular, gosh I would loove Mao to work with him, loved the kind of programs he gave akiko.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future?   Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 12:53 pm

ballerinamao wrote:

Especiatlly after 2:26,  I can imagine the program with spins ans step sequences ...

What do you think ?

I like the song, but without the lyrics it would be very repetitive and anticlimactic, I would personally like Mao to skate to a competitive program like her exhibition por una capeza for the sp something upbeat which requires passion but still elegant and sophisticated.

I think Camerlengo might have the magic formular, gosh I would loove Mao to work with him, loved the kind of programs he gave akiko.

Well starting next season lyrics will be allowed, but this song doesn't scream Mao to me.

ballerinamao, I would love to see Mao bring her Por una Cabeza as her SP. Now that would brake a WR as well. And Camerlengo already said some years ago, that he'd love to work with Mao.
Back to top Go down
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future?   Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 1:22 pm

Yah, I know, Play Minstrel Play is not rally Mao's style ... but it would be nice to see anther skater skate on that music Smile
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future?   Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 1:44 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:
ballerinamao wrote:

What do you think ?

Well starting next season lyrics will be allowed, but this song doesn't scream Mao to me.

ballerinamao, I would love to see Mao bring her Por una Cabeza as her SP. Now that would brake a WR as well. And Camerlengo already said some years ago, that he'd love to work with Mao.

It doesn't necessary have to be the exact same program (through i wouldn't mind) but something in the same genre as an sp would be soo nice, and I too want her to break her own record in the sp, and she could easily do it if she included her 3-3 there along with her 3A. talking about this makes me soo eager see Mao continue  Hell, no!

Back to top Go down
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future?   Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 2:01 pm

ballerinamao wrote:

It doesn't necessary have to be the exact same program (through i wouldn't mind)  but something in the same genre as an sp would be soo nice, and I too want her to break her own record in the sp, and she could easily do it if she included her 3-3 there along with her 3A. talking about this makes me soo eager see Mao continue  Hell, no!

I would like it sooo much too ! with her actual abilities, she could break records that would stay unbroken for decades !!
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future?   Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 2:33 pm

ballerinamao wrote:

It doesn't necessary have to be the exact same program (through i wouldn't mind)  but something in the same genre as an sp would be soo nice, and I too want her to break her own record in the sp, and she could easily do it if she included her 3-3 there along with her 3A. talking about this makes me soo eager see Mao continue  Hell, no!

I would like it sooo much too !  with her actual abilities, she could break records that would stay unbroken for decades !!

Exactly! I don't see any female skater mastering the 3A or quad anytime soon, not to speak of a skater who has either a 3A or quad, along with strong spins, steps, and spirals to back it up.

Just look at the men only a handful have a consistent 3A or quad that's how difficult and rare it is.
Back to top Go down
sapphiresky
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
sapphiresky

PostSubject: Re: Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future?   Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 1:19 am

I am hoping that Mao would bring back her Exhibition programs and turn them into competition programs (if she continues).

I'm also hoping that Mao works with different choreographers, I think that can make her into a even better performer - agree with Camerlengo! I always loved the choreography he did for Akiko.

I also wonder what David Wilson would do with Mao, just out of curiosity hehe.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future?   Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 7:50 am

sapphiresky wrote:
I am hoping that Mao would bring back her Exhibition programs and turn them into competition programs (if she continues).

I'm also hoping that Mao works with different choreographers, I think that can make her into a even better performer - agree with Camerlengo! I always loved the choreography he did for Akiko.

I also wonder what David Wilson would do with Mao, just out of curiosity hehe.

Oh yes! Por una Cabeza for SP and Jupiter (I vow to thee my country) for LP.  Swoon  Now that would be a competition people would talk about for years to come.

I'm also curious what DW could do for Mao, but when looking back at what he did (or didn't do) for Yuna...I don't think he'd be good for Mao. Not to mention Mao wouldn't go to him, cause if she had, I think an entire South Korea would explode form rage.
Back to top Go down
sapphiresky
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
sapphiresky

PostSubject: Re: Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future?   Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 12:48 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:

Oh yes! Por una Cabeza for SP and Jupiter (I vow to thee my country) for LP.  Swoon  Now that would be a competition people would talk about for years to come.

I'm also curious what DW could do for Mao, but when looking back at what he did (or didn't do) for Yuna...I don't think he'd be good for Mao. Not to mention Mao wouldn't go to him, cause if she had, I think an entire South Korea would explode form rage.

ROTFLMAO Yes! I forgot about them lol, I can totally imagine the headlines and the complaints if that happened... Laugh 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future?   Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future? - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future?
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8