Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future?

Go down 
+62
josling
helen91
Asada_Rising
AmazingGraceMao
mini34ans
linglang
Mao2012
whiteboots2013
Czarace
Abdiel
pearlyriver
let`s talk
ashcroft1086
Batsuchan
shikure
patknowsbest
CraZsk8r
Alokya
sunsilk
Cloviece
Afsfan
ElleluvsL
sarahjoanne419
apple4me
zarinaballerina
nrohhcnerf
Lelya
swan
maofan93
KariDebate
FatiniAdlina
europeanfan
pradap
ClairDeMao
periperi
gurami
chelseamarie
goldmao
midnightfrostifyx
ballerinamao
Dani-Chan
Star85
dangerous_angel_face
klarification
bellarina
sapphiresky
maowataiyo
alyssa
dlnnyc
yuki
Maya
polosatik
fallingdance
chineseteacup
BowbowDaijin
aoi88
chiyori
mingming
chapis
kawaiimao
PochinkoPotanko
66 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Asada_Rising

Asada_Rising

Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future? - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future?   Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 12:50 pm

I actually think Mao can handle a powerful piece now. If Bells of Moscow was given to her now and not in 2010, I think it would be a better program(I still like it). Ultimately I think Mao is at her best when she skates to softer music.

There is a piece of music that if found about two years ago and is very beautiful. Its from an opera by Richard Wagner called Lohengrin. I discovered the music when I was watching a Winterguard performance and one of the teams used it for their routine.

Its called Elsa's Procession to the Cathedral. It starts of slow and quite and builds up to a grand finale. No one has skated to it before and i believe it would be a great LP for Mao.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAnd2vEFnEw
Back to top Go down
helen91
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
helen91

PostSubject: Re: Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future?   Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 3:43 pm

Ok, so many people have probably skated to Cinema Paradiso, but I would love to see Mao skate to this little girl's rendition in particular. It is just.....beautiful beyonds words. (Her name is Jackie Evacho, she is currently 12 and at 11 was invited to Japan to sing for the Royal Family affraid)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lOLLcIs7IU

Or perhaps this one (it reminds me of her "So Deep is the Night" routine which I absolutely love!)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fG8RvKtQXZ0
Back to top Go down
Asada_Rising

Asada_Rising

PostSubject: Re: Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future?   Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 4:03 pm

helen91 wrote:
Ok, so many people have probably skated to Cinema Paradiso, but I would love to see Mao skate to this little girl's rendition in particular. It is just.....beautiful beyonds words. (Her name is Jackie Evacho, she is currently 12 and at 11 was invited to Japan to sing for the Royal Family affraid)

Oh yeah Jackie Evacho, I remember voting for her nonstop to win Americas Got Talent but in my opinion she was robbed. She was 10 at the time she was on the show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ar0r02FZng
Back to top Go down
helen91
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
helen91

PostSubject: Re: Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future?   Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 4:24 pm

Asada_Rising wrote:
helen91 wrote:

Oh yeah Jackie Evacho, I remember voting for her nonstop to win Americas Got Talent but in my opinion she was robbed. She was 10 at the time she was on the show.

Oh she was totally robbed, all because a sap story seems to be a prerequisite for winning that show D: Oh well, look at her now, youngest artist to ever have a platinum selling debut album, 2 PBS specials, 4 studio albums and singing at gigs in Russia and Japan. Her voice is so pure and beautiful, I am just waiting to hear/see someone skate to it Smile
Back to top Go down
Asada_Rising

Asada_Rising

PostSubject: Re: Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future?   Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 4:51 pm

helen91 wrote:
Asada_Rising wrote:
helen91 wrote:

Oh she was totally robbed, all because a sap story seems to be a prerequisite for winning that show D: Oh well, look at her now, youngest artist to ever have a platinum selling debut album, 2 PBS specials, 4 studio albums and singing at gigs in Russia and Japan. Her voice is so pure and beautiful, I am just waiting to hear/see someone skate to it Smile
well in the 2014-2015 season, music with vocals will be allowed so you might get your chance.
Back to top Go down
helen91
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
helen91

PostSubject: Re: Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future?   Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 5:20 pm

Asada_Rising wrote:
helen91 wrote:
Asada_Rising wrote:
helen91 wrote:

Oh she was totally robbed, all because a sap story seems to be a prerequisite for winning that show D: Oh well, look at her now, youngest artist to ever have a platinum selling debut album, 2 PBS specials, 4 studio albums and singing at gigs in Russia and Japan. Her voice is so pure and beautiful, I am just waiting to hear/see someone skate to it Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future? - Page 7 226459
well in the 2014-2015 season, music with vocals will be allowed so you might get your chance.

Oh just for a Gala, I am actually against the music with vocals for competitive programs. I feel it will be the era of literal choreography and restricted/constrained interpretation. I will be Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future? - Page 7 702229 when I start seeing skaters pointing at people whenever their song says "you". I guess it's designed to help the skaters who have poor interpretation, who knows?
Back to top Go down
Asada_Rising

Asada_Rising

PostSubject: Re: Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future?   Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 6:26 pm

helen91 wrote:
Asada_Rising wrote:
helen91 wrote:
Asada_Rising wrote:
helen91 wrote:

Oh she was totally robbed, all because a sap story seems to be a prerequisite for winning that show D: Oh well, look at her now, youngest artist to ever have a platinum selling debut album, 2 PBS specials, 4 studio albums and singing at gigs in Russia and Japan. Her voice is so pure and beautiful, I am just waiting to hear/see someone skate to it Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future? - Page 7 226459

Oh just for a Gala, I am actually against the music with vocals for competitive programs. I feel it will be the era of literal choreography and restricted/constrained interpretation. I will be Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future? - Page 7 702229 when I start seeing skaters pointing at people whenever their song says "you". I guess it's designed to help the skaters who have poor interpretation, who knows?
Worship Worship Worship Worship Same here!!!!!! I think or at least hope some of the top skaters stay away from music with vocals. Lets just pray figure skating does not turn into Blades of Glory Bad idea!
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future?   Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 5:58 am

helen91 wrote:

Me too! I'm affraid of what the skaters will throw at us after Olympic season. pale It's bad enough that we have to put up with some of ice dance music atrocities, at least in singles and pairs we could escape from all that. Somehow, I see lots of Justin Biebers and One direction (I think they're called that) programs. Yep, Sadly
This wasn't one of ISU best decisions, but then this is ISU we're talking about, so I don't know why I'm surprised.

whiteboots2013 wrote:
I also can't wait Mao's music for Oly's Happy dance
The Jupiter...it was so goood Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Someone says, "Mao can cure cancer." about the program. I think so ,too.

This is actually my favourite program of hers. And the "original" Jupiter is also powerful so it would be great for Olympics.
Back to top Go down
helen91
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
helen91

PostSubject: Re: Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future?   Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 7:03 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:
helen91 wrote:

Me too! I'm affraid of what the skaters will throw at us after Olympic season. pale It's bad enough that we have to put up with some of ice dance music atrocities, at least in singles and pairs we could escape from all that. Somehow, I see lots of Justin Biebers and One direction (I think they're called that) programs. Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future? - Page 7 383730
This wasn't one of ISU best decisions, but then this is ISU we're talking about, so I don't know why I'm surprised.

whiteboots2013 wrote:
I also can't wait Mao's music for Oly's Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future? - Page 7 607139
The Jupiter...it was so goood Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Someone says, "Mao can cure cancer." about the program. I think so ,too.

This is actually my favourite program of hers. And the "original" Jupiter is also powerful so it would be great for Olympics.

Ok, not going to lie I did enjoy watching Yuzu skate to Beiber that ONE time for his gala. But if I hear that anyone is skating to pop music with vocals during a competition..... let's just say this 10 second video sums up exactly how I feel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31g0YE61PLQ
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future?   Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 2:36 am

helen91 wrote:

Ok, not going to lie I did enjoy watching Yuzu skate to Beiber that ONE time for his gala. But if I hear that anyone is skating to pop music with vocals during a competition..... let's just say this 10 second video sums up exactly how I feel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31g0YE61PLQ

ROTFLMAO Briliant! lol! I think many figure skating fans will join you in the post olympic season.

I don't care if all of the EX numbers are on Adele, Bieber... as long as skaters stay away form them for competitive porgrams. I wish ISU would only allow lyrics for operas and musicals since it might be difficult to find the music you want without the lyrics in them, but absolutely forbid the use of vocals in pop music. Serioulsy, imagine a Bieber or whoever is going to be THE teen pop star at that time for SP and Rihanna or Miley Cyrus for LP. affraid I feel I'm about to throw up. ISU this was a bad, bad idea.
Back to top Go down
dangerous_angel_face
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
dangerous_angel_face

PostSubject: Re: Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future?   Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 5:53 am

Haha. I totally agree. I actually like Justin Bieber (even though I'm no longer a teenager Embarassed ), and I really love that ex program for Yuzu. However, if it were a competitive program. . . Yuzu won the bronze at the 2012 worlds. Imagine if articles said "Yuzuru Hanyu from Japan captured the bronze by skating to Somebody to love".
Anyway, I have a feeling (hope?) that senior skaters will stay away from teenybopper songs. Junior skaters, on the other hand. . . I can see a lot of them skating to the latest teen sensation. Sweatdrop
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future?   Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 11:12 am

I know Mao already has skated a short program to Chopin, but I really want to see her skating to Nocturne in C Sharp Minor, No. 20 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHex-NcqX6c Wub I love it so much.
Back to top Go down
helen91
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
helen91

PostSubject: Re: Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future?   Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 11:32 am

dangerous_angel_face wrote:
Haha. I totally agree. I actually like Justin Bieber (even though I'm no longer a teenager Embarassed ), and I really love that ex program for Yuzu. However, if it were a competitive program. . . Yuzu won the bronze at the 2012 worlds. Imagine if articles said "Yuzuru Hanyu from Japan captured the bronze by skating to Somebody to love".
Anyway, I have a feeling (hope?) that senior skaters will stay away from teenybopper songs. Junior skaters, on the other hand. . . I can see a lot of them skating to the latest teen sensation. Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future? - Page 7 570713

It has taken me this long to get the image of someone skating to "The Climb" or "Love you like a Love Song" for a competition program out of my head..... it's frightening Suspect
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future?   Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 11:57 am

polosatik wrote:
I know Mao already has skated a short program to Chopin, but I really want to see her skating to Nocturne in C Sharp Minor, No. 20 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHex-NcqX6c Wub I love it so much.

OMG polosatik, I got goosebumps!!! This has Mao's name written all over it, it's perfect! Dance Love Hearts Swoon This would be an amazing SP for her, someone should send this to Lori and TAT, ASAP. Yep!

helen91 wrote:
it has taken me this long to get the image of someone skating to "The Climb" or "Love you like a Love Song" for a competition program out of my head..... it's frightening Suspect

Oh God, if this ever happens I'm going to have a break down. pale Panic! If this does happen however, I hope it'll be short lived and ISU will come back to their senses and restore the current rules.
Back to top Go down
josling
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
josling

PostSubject: Re: Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future?   Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 3:15 pm

polosatik wrote:

This Nocturne was always my favourite of Chopin's! And I already thought of Mao skating to it too... but I have some concerns. Just remember the horrible music cut of Caro's SP in 09/10 with that Nocturne... pale I had to turn of the music when I saw her skate because I react kind of allergic when someone is ruining "my" masterpieces... Razz
But with a good arrangement and music cut it could be one of Mao's best programs ever!! ... although I somehow want her to skate to some music that doesn't know "everyone"....
Back to top Go down
Asada_Rising

Asada_Rising

PostSubject: Re: Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future?   Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 4:44 pm

I think it might be a smart choice for mao to do another ballet. I would like to see her do Don Quixote. I know it's been done a lot but I think it will be a good choice for her.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FDbe72SLvwo
Back to top Go down
helen91
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
helen91

PostSubject: Re: Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future?   Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 7:30 pm

polosatik wrote:
I know Mao already has skated a short program to Chopin, but I really want to see her skating to Nocturne in C Sharp Minor, No. 20 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHex-NcqX6c Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future? - Page 7 335418 I love it so much.

I always associate this piece with the movie "The Pianist" which is one of my favourites, but it is so so so sad Sad I feel Mao would be able to interpret this beautifully though.

The trailer for those who are curious (warning, turn your speakers down): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIRLLPa-j9o
Back to top Go down
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future?   Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 3:20 am

Asada_Rising wrote:
I think it might be a smart choice for mao to do another ballet. I would like to see her do Don Quixote. I know it's been done a lot but I think it will be a good choice for her.

I second that suggestion about another ballet program! I was actually thinking about Giselle, like what Yukari Nakano did for her 08-09 season:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQxYWlg43nY
(Well..yes, Yuna has skated to Giselle not too long ago, but I never like Yuna's Giselle and believe Mao can out do that with a 'true' ballet version of Giselle)
And for Asada_Rising's suggestion about Don Quixote, I also like this music cut of Don Quixote by Yukari:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5Fmd37y3o4
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future?   Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 3:24 am

Yes, I also suggested Spartacus for Mao. Well honestly I think Mao can go with any ballet and do it perfectly Razz
About Caro's music cut with Chopin she added Tchaikovsky violin concerto there I believe? So it wasn't all Chopin that's why it sounded weird.
Back to top Go down
Mao2012
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Mao2012

PostSubject: Re: Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future?   Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 9:35 am

Asada_Rising wrote:

Me too! Thumbs up!
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future?   Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 3:18 am

mini34ans wrote:
Now I come up with a composer like Johann Strauss II. His music might be better. When I saw Lambiel's comeback in EURO 2010, his La Traviata was superb. Mao perhaps is able to give such quality using music like Blue Danube Waltz and Voice of Spring Waltz. Some adaptations may be necessary, though.

I may put her Mao in classical direction too much, Shocked

I also think Strauss II suits her perfectly, but Kristi Yamaguchi has skated a gorgeous program to Blue Danube at Olympics 1992.

She's not a powerful jumper but she got everything right here.

But Mao is such a versatile skater. She can be a cute youthful girl, a mature sophisticated woman and a strong-willed fighter.
Back to top Go down
Abdiel
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future?   Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 8:54 am

I watched 'How to train your dragon' (2010) recently, and I fell in love with its soundtrack composed by John Powell. Being a fan of Mao, I matched selected parts of the soundtrack with Mao's Scheherazade program. The end result was magic! Cloud 9 At present, I don't have the means to share the video here, but I can do an outline.

First and second jumping pass: 'This is Berk'
Flying sit spin, 3Lo and Camel-sit-y-spin: 'New tail', the last minute
Step sequence: 'See you tomorrow'
Layback spin: 'Romantic flight'

'See you tomorrow' also matches Mao's Swan Lake step sequence. I love mixing and matching that piece to Mao's skating! Such pure joy... I wish I could have put 'Test Drive' and 'Forbidden friendship' though! (I'm working on it) In reality, I probably won't be able to see her skating to something like this, but a fan can dream.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future?   Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 12:26 pm

Abdiel, this sounds great. I especially like the step sequence part, I can so imagine Mao flying across the ice doing twizzles.
This music would be great for her when she was still a teenager, if she were to skate to it now, a lot of people would call it juniorish.Yep, Sadly 
Back to top Go down
Abdiel
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future?   Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 1:03 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
Abdiel, this sounds great. I especially like the step sequence part, I can so imagine Mao flying across the ice doing twizzles.
This music would be great for her when she was still a teenager, if she were to skate to it now, a lot of people would call it juniorish.Yep, Sadly 
I know, right? 'See you tomorrow' matches Mao's step sequences really well! :cancan:I love the happy vibes I feel while watching the mixed video. cheers 

Agreed. :sadyep:I really hate it when people classify music like that, saying it's too mature, or too juniorish for a skater. For me, it's a case of whether the skating style fits the interpretation of the music. Case 1: Elena Radionova and her 2012-2013 SP. Case 2: Kanako Murakami's 2012-2013 LP. Case 3: Kurt Browning and his Singing in the Rain exhibition program.

The HTTYD soundtrack does have a youthful vibe to it, and other people may say it's too juniorish for Mao, but the sheer purity and joy in Mao's new skating style give the entire ensemble an ageless quality, much like her Ballade exhibition, but in a different style of music. I have full confidence that Mao can pull this type of music off, if she wants to, and that is another thing. Like I said, a fan can dream, and dreams they will likely be. Cloud 9
Back to top Go down
Abdiel
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future?   Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 9:39 am

Hi! My video editor only allows me to do so much, but as promised, here is the mix and match video of Mao and HTTYD music that I've wanted to share with you fellow Mao fans. I hope you enjoy it! I love you 

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future?   Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future? - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Which music would you like Mao to skate to in the future?
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next