Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Grand Prix Final 2011/2012 @Quebec City, Canada

Go down 
+45
Abdiel
supportmaoasada
inspiration*
dlnnyc
roma
klarification
sapphiresky
alyssa
skfan
kaarolcia
Star85
jkblues
kaabi
cherriee
Haidogirl
unisu
Okami
Alokya
leo
ddmm
Lady_in_black
swan
sweetdream
KariDebate
Ken Himura
purplemaze
SpecialK
illani
bellarina
Batsuchan
tianrushui
MaoChan756
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Cloviece
dangerous_angel_face
zarinaballerina
shikure
maowataiyo
babayaga
chiyori
polosatik
bibi
ballerinamao
fefe_sky
linglang
49 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

Grand Prix Final 2011/2012 @Quebec City, Canada - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2011/2012 @Quebec City, Canada   Grand Prix Final 2011/2012 @Quebec City, Canada - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 2:08 pm

polosatik wrote:
purplemaze wrote:
It's been confirmed here, tv Asahi just announced the news of Mao's withdrew from GPF via 5am news, and is on her way home now due to her Mother's critical condition. One of the team lady from JSF has made an urgent press conference @ around 5am JST regarding the matter and it was shown on the tv news. She said that Mao's manager contacted them at around late wee hours Canada time thru celfone call, telling the critical condition of mao's Mom. The JSF rep. also said that Mao left and board the plane at around past 1am JST, apologising that she had to witdrew and leave. They accompanied her also to the airport when Mao and Coach Sato left and she said that Mao looks sad and stern "りんとして、帰った" (rin toshite kaeta). The JSF lady spokesperson also relayed that Mao said that this GPF meant a lot to her and she would be willing to still compete if only they received sure words that her Mom will be safe and ok, but it didn't happen so she had to leave and be with her critical Mom asap. The JSF spokesperson looks so sad as well while reporting all these. They didn't thought that all would go down to this and that Mao's Mom 's condition would worsen. (-_-) Sad
Oh no... It looked like Mao's mom is in very very bad condition pale Sad

I was afraid of this, from the moment the news about mao's whitdrawal came pale Depressed Crying
Back to top Go down
purplemaze
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
purplemaze

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2011/2012 @Quebec City, Canada   Grand Prix Final 2011/2012 @Quebec City, Canada - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 2:40 pm

I know i couldn't sleep until i finally confirmed and hear of Mao's current situation so i stayed up and waited for the news. Nothing on every, other major channels, but finally i sticked with TV Asahi and it started at exactly 5am here , and they opened up with Mao news, telling '心配なニュース' worrying news on Mao's mother. They showed the JSF lady press con interview regarding Mao's urgent emergency flight back and her withdrawal from GPF, and said Mao's mother's condition has suddenly worsen and critical but they didn't explain yet the nature of the illness, only that it is very worrying, they have only mentioned that Mao ’s mother is critical. Btw Tv Asahi handles and broadcast all GP events, so i feel they have all the rights in relaying all the news, i think for now they like to keep the matter of Mao's Mom's illness privately, but im sure Mao will do her press con herself when she feels she's ready and when everything calmed down. Let us keep our prayers for her Mom. I am so worried too. And watch out for the new clips on yt they might show all the new news that was reported here this morning. Lets just stay close in vigil for the news, one thing sure is Mao is still in the plane at this hour.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2011/2012 @Quebec City, Canada   Grand Prix Final 2011/2012 @Quebec City, Canada - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 2:53 pm

purplemaze thank you so much for the update. I don't think I'll be to sleep tonight. I'm glued to every english speaking forum, to see if there is any news.
My thoughts are with mao and her family Sad
Back to top Go down
kaarolcia
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
kaarolcia

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2011/2012 @Quebec City, Canada   Grand Prix Final 2011/2012 @Quebec City, Canada - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 3:04 pm

Thank you purplemaze for keeping us updated.
I think this news video is already up on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XxqZ3zkc-s

This whole situation made me so sad and worried... pale pale
Mao's mum is in my prayers. Let's hope it all ends well..
Back to top Go down
maowataiyo
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
maowataiyo

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2011/2012 @Quebec City, Canada   Grand Prix Final 2011/2012 @Quebec City, Canada - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 3:09 pm

I just read about Mao's mom being ill. I feel so bad for her. Nothing is more important than family. I'm praying for Mao's mom and her entire family. Thank you everybody for your updates.
Back to top Go down
purplemaze
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
purplemaze

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2011/2012 @Quebec City, Canada   Grand Prix Final 2011/2012 @Quebec City, Canada - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 3:28 pm

Yup kaarolcia that was the first news they showed here, thank-you for linking it! Worship

Im still watching the same channel here. They just showed messages from Dai and Akko,

Waah ~ Bawling i can't help but cry over their messages to Mao and her Mom , esp what Dai has said,
He said that Mao's mom has been so good to him, he wonders why he hasn't seen her lately, he feels so sad that he had learned that she is very ill. Dai also said to Mao to not worry anymore , that he and the rest will do their best in the competition including her (mao) part. And that she only have to be by her Mom, beside her and don't worry about anything else anymore. It was so touching how Dai and Akko said it, that one couldn't avoid from crying. (T_T) Depressed Crying
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2011/2012 @Quebec City, Canada   Grand Prix Final 2011/2012 @Quebec City, Canada - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 3:47 pm

purplemaze wrote:
Yup kaarolcia that was the first news they showed here, thank-you for linking it! Worship

Im still watching the same channel here. They just showed messages from Dai and Akko,

Waah ~ Bawling i can't help but cry over their messages to Mao and her Mom , esp what Dai has said,
He said that Mao's mom has been so good to him, he wonders why he hasn't seen her lately, he feels so sad that he had learned that she is very ill. Dai also said to Mao to not worry anymore , that he and the rest will do their best in the competition including her (mao) part. And that she only have to be by her Mom, beside her and don't worry about anything else anymore. It was so touching how Dai and Akko said it, that one couldn't avoid from crying. (T_T) Depressed Crying

Depressed Crying It's so nice to see the wonderful comradeship that team Japan has always had. This can't be easy for Akiko and Dai.
Back to top Go down
illani
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
illani

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2011/2012 @Quebec City, Canada   Grand Prix Final 2011/2012 @Quebec City, Canada - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 3:50 pm

Thank you for sharing that, purplemaze. So sweet of them to say those things, especially what Dai said about her mom. Sad I'm crying thinking of them doing their best in the competition with her in their thoughts. Depressed Crying

I am glad Mr. Sato is on the plane with her—someone said that, right? That way she at least has some company on the flight home. In a strange way, maybe it was a good thing that Takahiko didn't make this competition. Neutral
Back to top Go down
skfan
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2011/2012 @Quebec City, Canada   Grand Prix Final 2011/2012 @Quebec City, Canada - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 3:50 pm

purplemaze wrote:

i have been so busy with work that i only now saw this dreadful news. just reading this thread, especially this post is enough to make me tear up. mao has been through so much. mao and mao's family are in my thoughts and prayers.

i'm glad for the akko and dai's words, that mao need not worry at all about representing japan well at this year's GPF--they will carry the load for her. it's awe-inspiring, the unity and love that everyone on team japan feels for each other. i haven't seen the video but i can imagine the heartfelt impact of akko's words, dai's words... oh, this is just so sad for mao. Bawling
Back to top Go down
Okami
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
Okami

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2011/2012 @Quebec City, Canada   Grand Prix Final 2011/2012 @Quebec City, Canada - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 4:21 pm

purplemaze wrote:

Thank you for sharing! That was very touching and kind of Dai and Akiko. The Japanese team is like a big family. I hope they don't feel too stressed and manage to win some medals in Mao's place. Wub

Quote :
Btw Tv Asahi handles and broadcast all GP events, so i feel they have all the rights in relaying all the news, i think for now they like to keep the matter of Mao's Mom's illness privately, but im sure Mao will do her press con herself when she feels she's ready and when everything calmed down.

According to this article ( http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20111208&content_id=26128134&vkey=ice_news ) JSF requested the media to not make further inquiries at this time, so there probably won't be any new reports released soon. On a positive side, this should give Mao's family the much needed privacy in such a difficult time. Yep, Sadly
Back to top Go down
alyssa
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
alyssa

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2011/2012 @Quebec City, Canada   Grand Prix Final 2011/2012 @Quebec City, Canada - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 6:23 pm

I can't believe this. I'm so scared of the word "critical". Is it that bad? I hope they're exaggerating. How old is her mom?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PrincessMaoFan
purplemaze
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
purplemaze

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2011/2012 @Quebec City, Canada   Grand Prix Final 2011/2012 @Quebec City, Canada - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 7:16 pm

Okami wrote:
purplemaze wrote:

Thank you for sharing! That was very touching and kind of Dai and Akiko. The Japanese team is like a big family. I hope they don't feel too stressed and manage to win some medals in Mao's place. Wub

Quote :
Btw Tv Asahi handles and broadcast all GP events, so i feel they have all the rights in relaying all the news, i think for now they like to keep the matter of Mao's Mom's illness privately, but im sure Mao will do her press con herself when she feels she's ready and when everything calmed down.

According to this article ( http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20111208&content_id=26128134&vkey=ice_news ) JSF requested the media to not make further inquiries at this time, so there probably won't be any new reports released soon. On a positive side, this should give Mao's family the much needed privacy in such a difficult time. Yep, Sadly

I'm all so relieved to hear this. Thank-you Okami.

I think it's the only proper, respectful thing to do on this matter. I believe it's only right to leave the Asadas to their own privacies in this trying time. And other than Asahi and TBS, there hasn't been any networks reporting about it on tv so far, so i guess the media here are behaving as they should be. For that, too, i'm relieved. I only hope and pray that Mao won't be bombarded by cameras and reporters when she arrives later at the airport. Media people can become so cruel and heartless sometimes and i fear for Mao and family this time. I really hope that wouldn't be the case though for the Asadas, Mao and her family have already gone through a lot that i think media inquiries will be the least of the things she would need now. Yep, Sadly
Back to top Go down
MaoChan756
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
MaoChan756

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2011/2012 @Quebec City, Canada   Grand Prix Final 2011/2012 @Quebec City, Canada - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 8:29 pm

alyssa wrote:
I can't believe this. I'm so scared of the word "critical". Is it that bad? I hope they're exaggerating. How old is her mom?

I read that she is just 49...silent
Maybe they might be - But I don't think Mao would leave the competition if the matter would not be serious.
That is what's getting me all worried...
No news about her health? Has Mao landed?
Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2011/2012 @Quebec City, Canada   Grand Prix Final 2011/2012 @Quebec City, Canada - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 8:54 pm

alyssa wrote:

Her mom is 49 years old according to this article.
http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5heIxw_FwxzTZEspEr1lzSmewzb6w?docId=CNG.ab073b1edd4c6fef27622c44e43edcb6.101

Thanks purplemaze and everyone for the links and updates!

Here are some quotes from the other skaters.

According to this:
http://mainichi.jp/enta/sports/news/20111209k0000e050140000c.html

Alissa said, "It's very sad. She is a wonderful competitor, so I'm worried for her."
Carolina said, "It's sad, but if I were her, I'd do the same thing and go home."

Similarly, from this article:
http://www.jiji.com/jc/c?g=spo_30&k=2011120900112

Carolina said, "It's very sad. I hope to see Mao when she's cheerful and well again."
Alissa said, "She is a wonderful skater, so I wanted to compete against her. I pray for her good fortune."

I hope this pic means that Mao is back in Japan now? Question
http://www.fnn-news.com/news/headlines/articles/CONN00213193.html

Yes, if there is one thing that is consoling me now, it's knowing that there are so many people there who love Mao dearly and will definitely be there to support her (if she lets them). I'm so glad that Nobuo-sensei accompanied her home--he seems to be like the grandfather Mao never had. Mushy Love And Kumiko-sensei and Machiko Yamada-sensei--they are practically like Mao's grandmothers.

Even the JSF lady who spoke on the news reports--she seemed to have so much respect and admiration for Mao when she spoke about her being "rin toshite" = "dignified" (as purplemaze mentioned) and "rippa" (= fine, as in "grown up into a fine young lady").

And I'm not making light of the situation, but in a way, perhaps it is a good thing that Taka-chan is not at the GPF, because he probably would've had a hard time concentrating, even if Nobuo-sensei stayed with him. And Mao will have a friend. Mushy Love

(Taka-chan, here is your chance to show Mao that you can be there when she needs you! Don't try to intrude, give her some space, but make sure she eats and gets some rest and protect her from the media...and hopefully, when this is all over and one day when things go back to normal, she will thank you... )
Back to top Go down
http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
sapphiresky
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
sapphiresky

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2011/2012 @Quebec City, Canada   Grand Prix Final 2011/2012 @Quebec City, Canada - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 9:05 pm

^Thanks for the updates everyone!!!

I really really hope that everything will be okay. I am so glad there is so much support around Mao. It's amazing how she has been able to skate this past year despite all of this going on.
A truly strong woman!
Back to top Go down
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Mao_Asada_sunrise

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2011/2012 @Quebec City, Canada   Grand Prix Final 2011/2012 @Quebec City, Canada - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 11:55 pm

I am really shocked. I was looking forward to her competing, but if it's like this, then I would do the same thing and go home because I wouldn't be able to concentrate while competing.

As for Alissa's quote, I think a lot of skaters want to compete against Mao. She's definitely a challenge. Now Elizaveta definitely has a strong, strong chance, unless Akiko grabs it from her.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2011/2012 @Quebec City, Canada   Grand Prix Final 2011/2012 @Quebec City, Canada - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 12:01 am

Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:
I am really shocked. I was looking forward to her competing, but if it's like this, then I would do the same thing and go home because I wouldn't be able to concentrate while competing.

As for Alissa's quote, I think a lot of skaters want to compete against Mao. She's definitely a challenge. Now Elizaveta definitely has a strong, strong chance, unless Akiko grabs it from her.

I am so rooting for Akiko now! Go team Japan!
Back to top Go down
purplemaze
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
purplemaze

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2011/2012 @Quebec City, Canada   Grand Prix Final 2011/2012 @Quebec City, Canada - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 12:13 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:

i second you, zarinaballerina, definitely Go Akiko!... Go Team Japan!!! although i think it will be a tough competition still; with Elizaveta on the advantage technically. I hope all goes well for the ladies and the whole GPF events....
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2011/2012 @Quebec City, Canada   Grand Prix Final 2011/2012 @Quebec City, Canada - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 12:22 am

purplemaze wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:
Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:

i second you, zarinaballerina, definitely Go Akiko!... Go Team Japan!!! although i think it will be a tough competition still; with Elizaveta on the advantage technically. I hope all goes well for the ladies and the whole GPF events....

Yeah, I know what you mean. I really won't mind if Liza wins this, since I'm a big fan of hers, but I am hoping for Akiko to win, since Mao can't compete. I wonder what's going on in their heads now, team Japan always looked more like one big family, whose members happen to compete against each other, and if there is rivalry, it's certainly a friendly one. You don't often get to see such comradeship.
Back to top Go down
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Mao_Asada_sunrise

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2011/2012 @Quebec City, Canada   Grand Prix Final 2011/2012 @Quebec City, Canada - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 12:26 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
purplemaze wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:
Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:

Yeah, I know what you mean. I really won't mind if Liza wins this, since I'm a big fan of hers, but I am hoping for Akiko to win, since Mao can't compete. I wonder what's going on in their heads now, team Japan always looked more like one big family, whose members happen to compete against each other, and if there is rivalry, it's certainly a friendly one. You don't often get to see such comradeship.

It's just that Eliza has great technique and she's still young. There's an average of a 10 year difference between her and her competitors! Alissa already had her chance last year. I really want someone else to grab it, like Carolina. There hasn't been an Italian. Sorry. I just like equalizing the playing field. However, if there is anyone who's going to be a threat to the gold for Eliza, it'll be Akiko.
Back to top Go down
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Haidogirl

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2011/2012 @Quebec City, Canada   Grand Prix Final 2011/2012 @Quebec City, Canada - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 4:39 am

All we know is, that all the Asada girls are very strong! cat

Btw, who will get Maos place in the GPF now? Who was in 7th place?
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2011/2012 @Quebec City, Canada   Grand Prix Final 2011/2012 @Quebec City, Canada - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 4:43 am

there will be no oe to replace Mao cause the comptition is today and there is no time to call adeline in, so the competition will only be between 5!
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2011/2012 @Quebec City, Canada   Grand Prix Final 2011/2012 @Quebec City, Canada - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 4:47 am

Back to top Go down
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Haidogirl

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2011/2012 @Quebec City, Canada   Grand Prix Final 2011/2012 @Quebec City, Canada - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 4:48 am

ballerinamao wrote:
there will be no oe to replace Mao cause the comptition is today and there is no time to call adeline in, so the competition will only be between 5!

Oh i see Neutral
Back to top Go down
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2011/2012 @Quebec City, Canada   Grand Prix Final 2011/2012 @Quebec City, Canada - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 5:37 am

I'm rooting for both Akiko and Liza to triumph in this one, but TBH, I'm not in the mood to watch the competition. Maybe I'll change my mind later, but right now the only thing in my mind is Mao and her mother's condition. I hope they will be both okay... pale
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2011/2012 @Quebec City, Canada   Grand Prix Final 2011/2012 @Quebec City, Canada - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Grand Prix Final 2011/2012 @Quebec City, Canada
Page 6 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next