Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Grand Prix Final 2011/2012 @Quebec City, Canada

Go down 
+45
Abdiel
supportmaoasada
inspiration*
dlnnyc
roma
klarification
sapphiresky
alyssa
skfan
kaarolcia
Star85
jkblues
kaabi
cherriee
Haidogirl
unisu
Okami
Alokya
leo
ddmm
Lady_in_black
swan
sweetdream
KariDebate
Ken Himura
purplemaze
SpecialK
illani
bellarina
Batsuchan
tianrushui
MaoChan756
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Cloviece
dangerous_angel_face
zarinaballerina
shikure
maowataiyo
babayaga
chiyori
polosatik
bibi
ballerinamao
fefe_sky
linglang
49 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

Grand Prix Final 2011/2012 @Quebec City, Canada - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2011/2012 @Quebec City, Canada   Grand Prix Final 2011/2012 @Quebec City, Canada - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 12:42 pm

yes but when someone like liza or caro will skate after mao the obvious difference will be obvious for everyone... and don't forget that both caro and alissa are repeating the same jumps which makes there program alot more secure then if they had to attempt all the different jumps and add some difficult combinations and such! but that also doesn't change the fact that their highest score is a mile away from what Mao potentially could score both in the SP and FS... you guys also have to remember that if Mao notices that there is some obvious favoritism or that she has some kind of disadvantage, she will learn from it and upgrade her technical content even more at the next competition but I doubt it, because if Mao does all the jumps including her 3A and other combinations as well as her other elements well her score should be huge and a mile over the others, so the "only" thing Mao has to focus on is doing all of her elements... and I think Mao herself will be eager to skate both her programs cleanly... because I think only when Mao has had several clean performance in both her sp & fs she would want to upgrade her technical content even more by adding the 3-3, which I think will most likely happen next year when Mao has gotten completely used to her new elements!
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2011/2012 @Quebec City, Canada   Grand Prix Final 2011/2012 @Quebec City, Canada - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 12:57 pm

Hopefully, they wont skate after Mao Very Happy . I agree with you, for me, Mao is the best skater in the world and I can't wait to see 3-3 and 3A in the same program. But when Caro is being mentioned, I remember the 2008 worlds and can't help but worry.

I honestly don't care whether Mao wins or not, I'm just happy that she'll be at gpf. I hope she'll skate clean programs (because this is her goal) and that the judging will be fair. But then again, if mao goes clean, she'll win Laugh

And judges, please stop overscoring Alena! 7 for transition? Evil or Very Mad There are no transitions/linking footwork in her programs (unless posing is qualified as such) Escape
Back to top Go down
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Mao_Asada_sunrise

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2011/2012 @Quebec City, Canada   Grand Prix Final 2011/2012 @Quebec City, Canada - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 1:02 am

dangerous_angel_face wrote:
A very short Mao interview about the final :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SYgUwEjGo4

She says she feels like what she kept accumulating is finally becoming hers. She made a few mistakes in her first two GP competitions, so that gives her goals going into the final. She wants to deliver a perfect performance there.

It said that the video is private.
Back to top Go down
chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
chiyori

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2011/2012 @Quebec City, Canada   Grand Prix Final 2011/2012 @Quebec City, Canada - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 7:58 am

bibi wrote:
thanks everyone! I'll let you all know about GPF Smile) and hopefully see you there Chiyori!

That would be nice Wink PM me if you have time and we'll think of something.
Back to top Go down
dangerous_angel_face
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
dangerous_angel_face

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2011/2012 @Quebec City, Canada   Grand Prix Final 2011/2012 @Quebec City, Canada - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 8:31 am

Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:

She says she feels like what she kept accumulating is finally becoming hers. She made a few mistakes in her first two GP competitions, so that gives her goals going into the final. She wants to deliver a perfect performance there.

Thay's odd, because I can watch the video. Maybe it's a geographical thing.

Here's a longer interview, I hope this one works :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-wIw1mmRZQ

When asked "What's your biggest weapon?", Mao replies "everything".
She also says she feels she used to energetically cover the ice, but now her coverage of the ice looks more effortless.
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2011/2012 @Quebec City, Canada   Grand Prix Final 2011/2012 @Quebec City, Canada - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 2:03 pm

taaanks soo much for the interview could be soo nice if someone would translate the interview!

it was soo amazing to see mao doing her execices on the ice, in one second she was at one end of the rink and at the next she was at the other side of it, so fascinating to see her speed... I love the interview it really shows that Mao has realised that everything in her skating is her weapon!
Back to top Go down
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Mao_Asada_sunrise

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2011/2012 @Quebec City, Canada   Grand Prix Final 2011/2012 @Quebec City, Canada - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 5:34 pm

Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:

Thay's odd, because I can watch the video. Maybe it's a geographical thing.

Here's a longer interview, I hope this one works :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-wIw1mmRZQ

When asked "What's your biggest weapon?", Mao replies "everything".
She also says she feels she used to energetically cover the ice, but now her coverage of the ice looks more effortless.

Thank you very very much!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Mao_Asada_sunrise

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2011/2012 @Quebec City, Canada   Grand Prix Final 2011/2012 @Quebec City, Canada - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 5:39 pm

Back to top Go down
chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
chiyori

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2011/2012 @Quebec City, Canada   Grand Prix Final 2011/2012 @Quebec City, Canada - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 6:00 pm

Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:
INTERESTING ARTICLE ABOUT THE UPCOMING GRAND PRIX, INCLUDING PREDICTIONS!!!

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/figureskating/opinion/2011/12/ice-dance-battle-too-close-to-call-at-grand-prix-final.html

Darn it... PJ picked Mao again... that makes me shudder. Oh well but she did no jinx her at CoR so maybe Mao is immune to her jinxing powers? Certainly hope so! But no matter what Mao puts out on the ice, I will be on my feet, screeching like an lunatic by the end! Yep!
Back to top Go down
tianrushui
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
tianrushui

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2011/2012 @Quebec City, Canada   Grand Prix Final 2011/2012 @Quebec City, Canada - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 7:37 pm

Bibi and chiyori,where are ur seats?
I'll be in Quebec city as well. Hope we can cheer for Mao together.
I'll bring the Mao smile banner our Chinese Mao fans made last year.
Back to top Go down
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Mao_Asada_sunrise

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2011/2012 @Quebec City, Canada   Grand Prix Final 2011/2012 @Quebec City, Canada - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 7:46 pm

chiyori wrote:
Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:
INTERESTING ARTICLE ABOUT THE UPCOMING GRAND PRIX, INCLUDING PREDICTIONS!!!

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/figureskating/opinion/2011/12/ice-dance-battle-too-close-to-call-at-grand-prix-final.html

Darn it... PJ picked Mao again... that makes me shudder. Oh well but she did no jinx her at CoR so maybe Mao is immune to her jinxing powers? Certainly hope so! But no matter what Mao puts out on the ice, I will be on my feet, screeching like an lunatic by the end! Yep!

If it makes you feel better, PJ also picked Patrick Chan and Tessa Virtue/Scott Moir, and both have been extremely solid.
Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2011/2012 @Quebec City, Canada   Grand Prix Final 2011/2012 @Quebec City, Canada - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 7:52 pm

Hmm…well I hope the PJ's jinx is over, but this kind of feels like the 2005 GPF all over again, except this time, Mao is like Irina Slutskaya, the established champion, and Liza is like Mao, the up-and-coming wunderkind who is too young to go to senior Worlds. silent

Of course, I absolutely hope that Mao wins Thumbs up! , and I do think that if Mao skates completely clean, she will probably beat Liza on PCS, but I’m a little worried… Neutral Like 15-year old Mao, Liza probably feels very little pressure and is having the time of her life, while all the pressure/expectations will be on Mao. And I don’t want her to stress out about it too much. Her NHK LP was amazing, but it’s clear she’s still a work in progress.

It seems that when she focuses on winning, she tenses up, and when she tenses up, she struggles on the “newer” elements in her programs (like the 3Lz and 3S). I think we saw this happen at CoR.

At NHK Trophy, on the other hand, I feel like Mao was just so happy to be back on the ice and competing again, and that joy really infused her programs with light. I love you In fact, I think she “sold” her Scheherazade SP more at NHK Trophy despite the popped axel. At CoR I could see her thinking about landing the jumps instead of “feeling” the program.

So at the GPF, I hope that Mao can concentrate on enjoying the experience and being glad that she finally made it back to the GPF. sunny Sochi is still more than two years away; she doesn’t have to win every single event now, and I hope she doesn’t view it as a major setback if she doesn’t win. We all knew the road to rebuild Mao would be long and arduous, but ultimately worth it. flower

So that being said, GO MAO!! Cheering Cheering

On a separate note, I’m thrilled that Yuzuru made the Final, though I am TOTALLY bummed that Taka-chan did not! Bawling

I was SO looking forward to some quality Taka-Mao moments, like this *classic* from the last time Mao went to the Final… Dance
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FavMTMrcO0U

At least there will be Nationals soon! Hell, no!
Back to top Go down
http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
chiyori

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2011/2012 @Quebec City, Canada   Grand Prix Final 2011/2012 @Quebec City, Canada - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 8:52 pm

Batsuchan!! Welcome back! Happy dance We missed you a lot here Yep, Sadly

tianrushui, I'll be in section 6, row E and I can't remember which seats... Need to check the tickets again. Come look for me anytime you want. I'll PM you the exact seat # once I get home. I'll be nailed to my seat all weekend starting Friday morning. Razz I'd love to meet you!

Who else is going? We could have a Mao forum meet up! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bellarina
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
bellarina

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2011/2012 @Quebec City, Canada   Grand Prix Final 2011/2012 @Quebec City, Canada - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 10:48 pm

Mao's outlook this season is so different. Like you guys, I love her answer to her strength, because the answer to that question a couple years ago would have been "my triple axel". She seems to be concentrating on becoming a better skater as a whole and her hard work in that regard has been paying off. The fact that she said she only showed 50% of what she could do at the Grand Prix series makes me so excited - think of how astounding she'll be when she shows more of what she can do!
Back to top Go down
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Mao_Asada_sunrise

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2011/2012 @Quebec City, Canada   Grand Prix Final 2011/2012 @Quebec City, Canada - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 12:08 am

Batsuchan wrote:
Hmm…well I hope the PJ's jinx is over, but this kind of feels like the 2005 GPF all over again, except this time, Mao is like Irina Slutskaya, the established champion, and Liza is like Mao, the up-and-coming wunderkind who is too young to go to senior Worlds. silent

Of course, I absolutely hope that Mao wins Thumbs up! , and I do think that if Mao skates completely clean, she will probably beat Liza on PCS, but I’m a little worried… Neutral Like 15-year old Mao, Liza probably feels very little pressure and is having the time of her life, while all the pressure/expectations will be on Mao. And I don’t want her to stress out about it too much. Her NHK LP was amazing, but it’s clear she’s still a work in progress.

It seems that when she focuses on winning, she tenses up, and when she tenses up, she struggles on the “newer” elements in her programs (like the 3Lz and 3S). I think we saw this happen at CoR.

At NHK Trophy, on the other hand, I feel like Mao was just so happy to be back on the ice and competing again, and that joy really infused her programs with light. I love you In fact, I think she “sold” her Scheherazade SP more at NHK Trophy despite the popped axel. At CoR I could see her thinking about landing the jumps instead of “feeling” the program.

So at the GPF, I hope that Mao can concentrate on enjoying the experience and being glad that she finally made it back to the GPF. sunny Sochi is still more than two years away; she doesn’t have to win every single event now, and I hope she doesn’t view it as a major setback if she doesn’t win. We all knew the road to rebuild Mao would be long and arduous, but ultimately worth it. flower

So that being said, GO MAO!! Cheering Cheering

On a separate note, I’m thrilled that Yuzuru made the Final, though I am TOTALLY bummed that Taka-chan did not! Bawling

I was SO looking forward to some quality Taka-Mao moments, like this *classic* from the last time Mao went to the Final… Dance

He didn't make it?! WHAT?! NO WAY! I totally did not know! AW!!!!! HE WOULD HAVE BEEN STRONG!!!!
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2011/2012 @Quebec City, Canada   Grand Prix Final 2011/2012 @Quebec City, Canada - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 10:39 am

Batsuchan wrote:

I would say, that even with mistakes, Mao beats Liza on PCS anyday Yep! , TES however is a different matter. Liza's jumps are crazy good.
I am happy for Yuzuru making the final and all, but I was also hoping for Taka-Mao moments and pics Love

Anyone know when Mao will be leaving for Quebec?

Back to top Go down
tianrushui
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
tianrushui

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2011/2012 @Quebec City, Canada   Grand Prix Final 2011/2012 @Quebec City, Canada - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 9:03 pm

Mao has arrived in Quebec City.
Grand Prix Final 2011/2012 @Quebec City, Canada - Page 2 Spm1112071215000-p1
Back to top Go down
illani
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
illani

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2011/2012 @Quebec City, Canada   Grand Prix Final 2011/2012 @Quebec City, Canada - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 10:06 pm

She looks so cute in that hat! Wub
Back to top Go down
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Mao_Asada_sunrise

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2011/2012 @Quebec City, Canada   Grand Prix Final 2011/2012 @Quebec City, Canada - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 10:40 pm

tianrushui wrote:
Mao has arrived in Quebec City.
Grand Prix Final 2011/2012 @Quebec City, Canada - Page 2 Spm1112071215000-p1

She looks like a young teenager. Lol!
Back to top Go down
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
shikure

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2011/2012 @Quebec City, Canada   Grand Prix Final 2011/2012 @Quebec City, Canada - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 10:55 pm

first thing I see is airweave again Smile
the source of the pic and if you want to read Japanese Razz
http://www.sanspo.com/sports/news/111207/spm1112071215000-n1.htm
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2011/2012 @Quebec City, Canada   Grand Prix Final 2011/2012 @Quebec City, Canada - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 1:56 am

I just foud out the eurosport isn't going to air the ladies sp-lp anyone know how else to watch the gpf?
Back to top Go down
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Mao_Asada_sunrise

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2011/2012 @Quebec City, Canada   Grand Prix Final 2011/2012 @Quebec City, Canada - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 2:30 am

ballerinamao wrote:
I just foud out the eurosport isn't going to air the ladies sp-lp anyone know how else to watch the gpf?

THEY'RE NOT?! No no no no no no! This is the ONE time that I don't have to stay up late to watch Mao! It's actually during the day for me! NOOOOO!!!!!!

Someone please find another link. I'm not good with these things.
Back to top Go down
SpecialK

SpecialK

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2011/2012 @Quebec City, Canada   Grand Prix Final 2011/2012 @Quebec City, Canada - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 3:53 am

Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:
ballerinamao wrote:

THEY'RE NOT?! No no no no no no! This is the ONE time that I don't have to stay up late to watch Mao! It's actually during the day for me! NOOOOO!!!!!!

Someone please find another link. I'm not good with these things.

Please someone help!!!
Back to top Go down
SpecialK

SpecialK

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2011/2012 @Quebec City, Canada   Grand Prix Final 2011/2012 @Quebec City, Canada - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 3:55 am

A little clip on Mao, Dai, Yuzuru arriving in Quebec... Nothing on Akiko on this one. Hope she got there safely, too...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnWfdEIvBNI&feature=share
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2011/2012 @Quebec City, Canada   Grand Prix Final 2011/2012 @Quebec City, Canada - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 4:15 am

ballerinamao wrote:

Yep, eurosport is gracing us with snooker (every possible round;from quali to finals Very Mad ) and then there's ski jumping, swimming... everything but skating Depressed Crying
I hope the haha sport link (or something like that) will air at least the ladies. I know other forum members have been posting the haha link for every gp competition.

SpecialK thanks for the clip.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2011/2012 @Quebec City, Canada   Grand Prix Final 2011/2012 @Quebec City, Canada - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Grand Prix Final 2011/2012 @Quebec City, Canada
Page 2 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next