Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Worlds 2013

Go down 
+53
Afsfan
illani
koala_lover
cera
Haidogirl
Abdiel
☆Genie
sweetdream
Dani-Chan
chiyori
Lady_in_black
ashcroft1086
~*AAA*~
Czarace
klarification
maowataiyo
shikure
ElleluvsL
jkblues
Ken Himura
dangerous_angel_face
supportmaoasada
MaoChan756
bibi
AmazingGraceMao
qingshui
princessinpink
inskate
bellarina
BowbowDaijin
aoi88
whiteboots2013
Alokya
sapphiresky
silenceisgolden
ilovethai
ballerinamao
shar
pearlyriver
josling
helen91
PochinkoPotanko
ddmm
Mao_Asada_sunrise
linglang
Star85
polosatik
swan
Mao2012
l-spiralmao
COHK
zarinaballerina
roma
57 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

Worlds 2013 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Worlds 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 1:22 am

helen91 wrote:

Everything will be live here in Canada on CBC and on bold, but I do believe that the videos are restricted to Canada Sad (I live a 3 hours drive from London, I am so sad, boo.)

Yeah, I think CBC is like Universal, geoblocked for everyone except America. Bawling Though I do have faith in Eurosport, I don't think there's any grand slam in tennis scheduled during this time, except the stupid 50 years of german bundesliga footbal on weekends. Mad

I really don't wish to watch it on Europsort streams, because the live feed on junior worlds was horrible, so many freezings it was like watching skating in slow motion. Sad
Back to top Go down
josling
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
josling

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Worlds 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 7:39 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
helen91 wrote:

Everything will be live here in Canada on CBC and on bold, but I do believe that the videos are restricted to Canada Sad (I live a 3 hours drive from London, I am so sad, boo.)

Yeah, I think CBC is like Universal, geoblocked for everyone except America. Bawling Though I do have faith in Eurosport, I don't think there's any grand slam in tennis scheduled during this time, except the stupid 50 years of german bundesliga footbal on weekends. Mad

I really don't wish to watch it on Europsort streams, because the live feed on junior worlds was horrible, so many freezings it was like watching skating in slow motion. Sad

I feel sorry for my country's bundesliga now.... Embarassed Football is just everything here...! Mad

But the planed eurosport schedule is quite good this year! Almost everthing live on eurosport and a few repeats on eurosport2:
http://tv.eurosport.co.uk/search.shtml?query=figure%20skating

Actually there are differences between the German and the British broadcast schedule... On the German site you can read that they will broadcast Woman's SP live too! Hopefully the German site is right! Yep!

Last edited by josling on Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Worlds 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 10:51 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
polosatik wrote:
OMG it's so soon! Can't wait! affraid I'm sure will be a mess during the competition, I need to train my nerves. How I'm going to handle all this live at Sochi? Does anyone have any good tricks to stay on feet? lol!

Wait, you're going to Olympics?!!! As in, you'll se Mao compete live?!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked I am sooo jealous!!!

Yess!!! cheers sunny Come with me! Wink
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Worlds 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 10:58 am

josling wrote:

I feel sorry for my country's bundesliga now.... Embarassed Football is just everything here...! Mad

But the planed eurosport schedule is quite good this year! Almost everthing live on eurosport and a few repeats on eurosport2:
http://tv.eurosport.co.uk/search.shtml?query=figure%20skating

Actually there are differences between the German and the British broadcast schedule... On the German site you read that they will broadcast Woman's SP live too! Hopefully the German site is right! Yep!

Same in Slovenia, football and skiing. Rolling Eyes I apologize to all football (soccer) fans, but seeing live German league games on Europsort 2 every freaking weekend (especially when it replaces scheduled figure skating competition) really gets on my nerves.

Oh I hope as well that the German site is right, I want to see Mao' SP live. Well I'll probably be closing my eyes from anxiety everytime she'll jump, but I still want to see the rest of the program live. lol!
Back to top Go down
swan
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
swan

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Worlds 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 5:59 pm

who do you want to be in the top ten? i want all the japanese ladies, the russians, carolina, and kaetlyn to be in the mix of top ten. i can't wait! just a few more days!
Back to top Go down
helen91
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
helen91

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Worlds 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 6:10 pm

swan wrote:
who do you want to be in the top ten? i want all the japanese ladies, the russians, carolina, and kaetlyn to be in the mix of top ten. i can't wait! just a few more days!

1: Mao
2-3: Some combo of Kana and Ako
4-6: Some combo of Yuna, Carolina and Liza
7-10: Some combo of Zijun, Ashley, Adelina and Kaetlyn.

To be honest my heart goes to Team Japan this year, I just want them to do so well T_T If a 4CC medal made Kana cry imagine what a World medal would do to her Worlds 2013 - Page 2 325908
Back to top Go down
swan
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
swan

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Worlds 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 7:53 pm

helen91 wrote:
swan wrote:

To be honest my heart goes to Team Japan this year, I just want them to do so well T_T If a 4CC medal made Kana cry imagine what a World medal would do to her Worlds 2013 - Page 2 325908

kanako's programs are amaziiiiing this year! especially her long program! her long program is absolutely genius. i hope she keeps marina as her choreographer because marina is doing such a great job with kanako.
Back to top Go down
helen91
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
helen91

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Worlds 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 8:14 pm

swan wrote:
helen91 wrote:
swan wrote:

kanako's programs are amaziiiiing this year! especially her long program! her long program is absolutely genius. i hope she keeps marina as her choreographer because marina is doing such a great job with kanako.

I have felt that Kana has always had some of the best choreographed routines, even as a junior. Probably because she knows how to sell them so well! I rewatched her SP from SC soooo many times, opening with that step sequence was such a good call (still like her first dress the most). Marina and Pasquale with Kana are a perfect fit. I hope they choreograph her upcoming season programs too. But Yamada wants Kana to get experience with all choreographers so I wouldn't be surprised if she has 1 or 2 new ones next season Smile
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Worlds 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 9:15 pm

helen91 wrote:

I have felt that Kana has always had some of the best choreographed routines, even as a junior. Probably because she knows how to sell them so well! I rewatched her SP from SC soooo many times, opening with that step sequence was such a good call (still like her first dress the most). Marina and Pasquale with Kana are a perfect fit. I hope they choreograph her upcoming season programs too. But Yamada wants Kana to get experience with all choreographers so I wouldn't be surprised if she has 1 or 2 new ones next season Smile
I think that's a great idea. I hope Mao will think about working with other choreographers. I'm not really a Kana fan, but she always gets great music choices.
Back to top Go down
swan
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
swan

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Worlds 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 11:12 am

i will add elene and valentina to my list as well. for the men, i hope daisuke wins this. though, i think this will be the hardest world championship for him to win as of yet.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Worlds 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 12:12 pm

swan wrote:
i will add elene and valentina to my list as well. for the men, i hope daisuke wins this. though, i think this will be the hardest world championship for him to win as of yet.

I'm hoping it'll be Javi. Wub And if he skates like he did at Euros he has a very good chance at winning, heck if he'll have an Euro's repeat he's going to be difficult to beat, IMO. He just needs to add 3-3 in the SP.
This is going to be one of the best Worlds in recent years. Rockstar Men are amazing, Mao is coming back to her old form, Yuna returned, the battle in the dance between Americans and Canadians. I can't wait! Dance

my dream podium:
1. Javi
2. Daisuke/Yuzu
3. Yuzu/Daisuke

I only did men, cause I don't want to jinx Mao. Hell, no!
Back to top Go down
l-spiralmao
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
l-spiralmao

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Worlds 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 1:11 pm

swan wrote:

1-2 Mao and Yuna
3-7 Caro, Akko, Kana, Liza, Ashley
8-10 Gracie, Adelina, Katelyn
11-13 (not in top 10 but I love them Razz) Elene, Valentina, Zijun
Back to top Go down
swan
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
swan

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Worlds 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 2:08 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:
swan wrote:

I'm hoping it'll be Javi. Wub And if he skates like he did at Euros he has a very good chance at winning, heck if he'll have an Euro's repeat he's going to be difficult to beat, IMO. He just needs to add 3-3 in the SP.
This is going to be one of the best Worlds in recent years. Rockstar Men are amazing, Mao is coming back to her old form, Yuna returned, the battle in the dance between Americans and Canadians. I can't wait! Dance

my dream podium:
1. Javi
2. Daisuke/Yuzu
3. Yuzu/Daisuke

i'd love, love, love javier to be on that podium. he has a sweet, kind personality. i'm so glad he won the european championships! for anyone who doesn't know, recently javier met with the royalty of spain as well as the real madrid soccer/football team. if javier wins a medal in the sochi olympics, i wonder if he will be a spaniard household name. Surprised spaniards may not follow him the way they do rafael nadal, but it would be interesting to hear of rising popularity. it's great for the sport!

anyway, my dream podium this world championships is a mix of daisuke, javier, and yuzuru as well (how proud brian orser should be if this were to happen). i also want a russian in the top ten (i forgot who russia is sending for their one spot and hopefully whoever is sent will give russia two spots for the olympics). oh and kevin reynolds i'd like to see in the top ten, too.
Back to top Go down
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
shar

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Worlds 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 7:24 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:
swan wrote:

my dream podium:
1. Javi
2. Daisuke/Yuzu
3. Yuzu/Daisuke

I'm so nervous, I don't think I'll watch worlds, or read anything for fear of jinxing my favorites. I hope they all do well.
Back to top Go down
swan
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
swan

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Worlds 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 8:32 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=L8SG1pCmUnY

was this posted? top skaters answer questions.
Back to top Go down
swan
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
swan

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Worlds 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 8:40 pm

courtesy of nonchan from tumblr the translation of the video is yuzuru explaining his "sign of the cross" before he starts his program. please visit nonchan for wonderful yuzu tidbits. Smile http://nonchan1023.tumblr.com/

Narrator: The secret is this. Based on him crossing himself right before his performance, there are quite a few fans who ask “Is Hanyu-kun Christian?” The truth is this:

Yuzuru wrote: おまじない/Omajinai/charm

Yuzuru: The things my coach told me were to keep the vertical axis straight, to keep this kind of axis (does hand movement) straight. Also, I need to keep my shoulders and hips leveled or parallel. It just happened to look like it (Christian crossing oneself). In truth, it is just a charm for my jumps. I feel as if by doing this charm, I am able to remember the important points needed to jump. I think this is something I cannot do without.
Back to top Go down
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Worlds 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 9:23 pm

swan wrote:

Narrator: The secret is this. Based on him crossing himself right before his performance, there are quite a few fans who ask “Is Hanyu-kun Christian?” The truth is this:

Yuzuru wrote: おまじない/Omajinai/charm

I was also curious about Yuzuru's gestures before he starts his skating. Now there's an explanation to those!
Here are the longer versions of that section of interview, when Dai, Kanako, Yuzu were asked about how they prepare for the competitions:
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNTIyMjk1NzMy.html
[video taken from the Chinese FS forum]

And for Akiko & Mao:
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNTIyMjk1Nzc2.html

Some rough translation:
For Dai -- he has a routine from afternoon nap -->taking a walk -->shower --> setting the hair -->brushing teeth
For Kanako -- Makeup(!)
For Akko -- adjusting breath
As for Mao -- Laughing how can she NOT getting away from eating!! She wrote: 'the RICE'. And she says she has no preference if the rice is cooked hard or soft (and noticing who's Mao eating with....)

Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Worlds 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 1:34 am

COHK wrote:

As for Mao -- Laughing how can she NOT getting away from eating!! She wrote: 'the RICE'. And she says she has no preference if the rice is cooked hard or soft (and noticing who's Mao eating with....)

ROTFLMAO That's our Mao, always eating. Love it. Thanks for summarizing, and thanx to everyone for posting links and news! Thank you! Daisies for you

shar wrote:
I'm so nervous, I don't think I'll watch worlds, or read anything for fear of jinxing my favorites. I hope they all do well.

I'm nervous as well, will probably be a wreck by the time of ladies SP, but I can't not watch (unless Eurosport doesn't bother with SP broadcast pale ), so I'll stick to my usual routine when Mao is skating which is closing my eyes for every jump. Embarassed No wonder I don't see much of an actual competition and have to rewatch later... Faint2

swan wrote:
i'd love, love, love javier to be on that podium. he has a sweet, kind personality. i'm so glad he won the european championships!

Oh I know, he's the sweetest guy ever. So down to earth. Wub And it was great to see how happy other skaters were for him, this tells you a lot about someone's personality.

I don't remember on which forum I read this, but according to someone who spoke to Brian, Brian said that to him the main favourite for Oly's gold is Javi. Whatever happens in Sochi, I hope that Yuzu will stay with Brian, he's improved so much under him it's insane.

Russia is sending Kovtun, so i hope he'll manage to place top 10 and secure 2 spots for Sochi. Yep!

swan wrote:

It would be amazing if Elene would manage to have a fantastic skate here, but somehow I don't see it. I don't know what's going on with her (it could be her shoulder injury), but I hope she'll manage to recover, she had and still has IMO so much potential.

Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Worlds 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 2:39 pm

I'm so excited and nervous, but mostly excited, can't wait to see some practice clips of Mao and the other skaters. time really flies can't believe that the world championship will begin in just a few days. i'm soo eager to see Mao again, the lack of news is just so hard to get used to, I remember just a few years ago there used to be so many practice clips before her competitions.

I have been thinking about the all skaters, imagining the outcomes and how the performances might turn out etc., but without any practice clips it really makes it hard to think and predict anything, afterall a skater can be totally clean one day and let the nerves or lack of focus mess the performance the following day. the practice reports of the skaters will be soo interesting..

Back to top Go down
ilovethai
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
ilovethai

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Worlds 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 2:44 am

Have you guys seen this yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfc3uMe80lU&list=PLA9GOAs5v33LEVQ-Qnn3uRF5iADSsI9QE

It's from "The Skating Lesson", a weekly figure skating podcast.

What do you guys think about what they said?
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Worlds 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 3:20 am

ilovethai wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfc3uMe80lU&list=PLA9GOAs5v33LEVQ-Qnn3uRF5iADSsI9QE

Well I think very very strange review. Especially about Yuna. I mean what? Did Carolina execute 2 perfect programs? Well if I was going to choose between 1st at olympics and Worlds, of course I would choose Olympics. And I agree Mao is on the right track, but I can;t get their favouring Carolina so much, though I love Caro.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Worlds 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 6:55 am

ISU announced practice groups! Very Happy

Both team Japan men and ladies are in practice group 4. Men are together with RUS, CHN and UZB, while ladies are with CAN and EST.

http://www.isuresults.com/events/WC2013_MusicRotationAll.pdf

Russian ladies are in the same group as team USA, this should be interesting.
Back to top Go down
swan
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
swan

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Worlds 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 10:33 am

polosatik wrote:
ilovethai wrote:

Well I think very very strange review. Especially about Yuna. I mean what? Did Carolina execute 2 perfect programs? Well if I was going to choose between 1st at olympics and Worlds, of course I would choose Olympics. And I agree Mao is on the right track, but I can;t get their favouring Carolina so much, though I love Caro.

what i really don't get is pj kwong picking ashley over yu-na. i mean whaaat? has ashley skated a program with a triple triple yet? will she even do a triple triple? does pj kwong forget that yu-na is 1. the olympic champion and 2. the judges' favorite? however, dave does say something interesting about yu-na. if yu-na really wants to compete, why didn't she go to the challenge cup?
Back to top Go down
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
ddmm

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Worlds 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 10:49 am

swan wrote:
polosatik wrote:
ilovethai wrote:

what i really don't get is pj kwong picking ashley over yu-na. i mean whaaat? has ashley skated a program with a triple triple yet? will she even do a triple triple? does pj kwong forget that yu-na is 1. the olympic champion and 2. the judges' favorite? however, dave does say something interesting about yu-na. if yu-na really wants to compete, why didn't she go to the challenge cup?

Yea, that comment about Dave was interesting.
What did he really want to say ? did he mean that she won't be judges' favorits like she used to be because she doesn't show she really wants to compete ? or did he mean that she might not do well because of her lack of competitions.
Back to top Go down
l-spiralmao
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
l-spiralmao

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Worlds 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 11:38 am

swan wrote:
polosatik wrote:
ilovethai wrote:

Probably so she'd get more used to the programs and develop her presentation of them. And also we would see how she compared to Caro (who was there, right?)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Worlds 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Worlds 2013
Page 2 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next