Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Worlds 2013

Go down 
+53
Afsfan
illani
koala_lover
cera
Haidogirl
Abdiel
☆Genie
sweetdream
Dani-Chan
chiyori
Lady_in_black
ashcroft1086
~*AAA*~
Czarace
klarification
maowataiyo
shikure
ElleluvsL
jkblues
Ken Himura
dangerous_angel_face
supportmaoasada
MaoChan756
bibi
AmazingGraceMao
qingshui
princessinpink
inskate
bellarina
BowbowDaijin
aoi88
whiteboots2013
Alokya
sapphiresky
silenceisgolden
ilovethai
ballerinamao
shar
pearlyriver
josling
helen91
PochinkoPotanko
ddmm
Mao_Asada_sunrise
linglang
Star85
polosatik
swan
Mao2012
l-spiralmao
COHK
zarinaballerina
roma
57 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

Worlds 2013 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Worlds 2013 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 1:16 pm

any news about when Mao will arrive in london?
Back to top Go down
helen91
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
helen91

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Worlds 2013 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 3:06 pm

ddmm wrote:
swan wrote:
polosatik wrote:
ilovethai wrote:
Have you guys seen this yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfc3uMe80lU&list=PLA9GOAs5v33LEVQ-Qnn3uRF5iADSsI9QE

It's from "The Skating Lesson", a weekly figure skating podcast.

What do you guys think about what they said?
Well I think very very strange review. Especially about Yuna. I mean what? Did Carolina execute 2 perfect programs? Well if I was going to choose between 1st at olympics and Worlds, of course I would choose Olympics. And I agree Mao is on the right track, but I can;t get their favouring Carolina so much, though I love Caro.

what i really don't get is pj kwong picking ashley over yu-na. i mean whaaat? has ashley skated a program with a triple triple yet? will she even do a triple triple? does pj kwong forget that yu-na is 1. the olympic champion and 2. the judges' favorite? however, dave does say something interesting about yu-na. if yu-na really wants to compete, why didn't she go to the challenge cup?

Yea, that comment about Dave was interesting.
What did he really want to say ? did he mean that she won't be judges' favorits like she used to be because she doesn't show she really wants to compete ? or did he mean that she might not do well because of her lack of competitions.

I feel I have finally found someone who feels the same way about Yuna. It's not that I don't like her skating or her as a person, it's just, after winning the Olympic Gold I felt she was skating for all of the wrong reasons and not because she loves it. I think what Dave was saying was that she is skating more to keep up her reputation and to show her fans and her country her loyalty- even if she doesn't want to, she feels she must and at this point if she doesn't then the country will be disappointed in her. So this Worlds more than anything may be viewed as an obligation rather than a return to the ice for the sake of her love of the sport. But I don't know, Yuna (with an exception of the Olympics) isn't really emotional so it's hard to tell what she thinks.

Anywho, it's almost time for Worlds!!
Back to top Go down
swan
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
swan

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Worlds 2013 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 8:11 pm

helen91 wrote:
ddmm wrote:
swan wrote:
polosatik wrote:
ilovethai wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfc3uMe80lU&list=PLA9GOAs5v33LEVQ-Qnn3uRF5iADSsI9QE

Well I think very very strange review. Especially about Yuna. I mean what? Did Carolina execute 2 perfect programs? Well if I was going to choose between 1st at olympics and Worlds, of course I would choose Olympics. And I agree Mao is on the right track, but I can;t get their favouring Carolina so much, though I love Caro.

what i really don't get is pj kwong picking ashley over yu-na. i mean whaaat? has ashley skated a program with a triple triple yet? will she even do a triple triple? does pj kwong forget that yu-na is 1. the olympic champion and 2. the judges' favorite? however, dave does say something interesting about yu-na. if yu-na really wants to compete, why didn't she go to the challenge cup?

What did he really want to say ? did he mean that she won't be judges' favorits like she used to be because she doesn't show she really wants to compete ? or did he mean that she might not do well because of her lack of competitions.

I feel I have finally found someone who feels the same way about Yuna. It's not that I don't like her skating or her as a person, it's just, after winning the Olympic Gold I felt she was skating for all of the wrong reasons and not because she loves it. I think what Dave was saying was that she is skating more to keep up her reputation and to show her fans and her country her loyalty- even if she doesn't want to, she feels she must and at this point if she doesn't then the country will be disappointed in her. So this Worlds more than anything may be viewed as an obligation rather than a return to the ice for the sake of her love of the sport. But I don't know, Yuna (with an exception of the Olympics) isn't really emotional so it's hard to tell what she thinks.

when dave pointed out that she could've went to the challenge cup but didn't, it all made sense to me. yu-na's die hard fans can say whatever they want, but yu-na doesn't really want to compete. i agree with pretty much all you said here, helen91. but anyway, i'm sure yu-na will do great even though she didn't go to the challenge cup or the grand prix season.

i'm pretty excited and upset at the same time. next week may be the last time i see daisuke at the world championships! Bawling i've been a fan of him for the last few years but i would say this past season i've become an even bigger fan of him. i'm very proud of the skater (and man) he's become and it's been such an honor to watch him grow as a person and witness his inspirational performances. if he wins this world championships, it would be a very emotional win for me (and him!). dave gets it right when he described daisuke's skating as something "from within." everyone else's skating seems so very "studied" (which dave describes patrick as) in comparison. i think my heart will be broken when daisuke retires after the olympics. Depressed Crying
Back to top Go down
silenceisgolden
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
silenceisgolden

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Worlds 2013 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 8:44 pm

Gooo Mao! cheers

Worlds 2013 - Page 3 Tumblr11
Back to top Go down
ilovethai
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
ilovethai

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Worlds 2013 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 8:50 pm

helen91 wrote:
ddmm wrote:
swan wrote:
polosatik wrote:
ilovethai wrote:

Agreeeeeeed... She wants to be a member of the IOC and apparently one of the requirements is that she needs to compete in the most recent olympics before she applies (hence 2014 Sochi) or some requirement like that. I think if that's really the case, she shouldn't win the gold (unless she skates really really well) when it could go to some other people who have worked so hard their whole lives to win the olympics (i.e. Mao).
Back to top Go down
helen91
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
helen91

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Worlds 2013 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 10:08 pm

ilovethai wrote:
helen91 wrote:
ddmm wrote:
swan wrote:
polosatik wrote:
ilovethai wrote:

Agreeeeeeed... everyone should know by now: Yuna's making a comeback not because she loves skating. She wants to be a member of the IOC and apparently one of the requirements is that she needs to compete in the most recent olympics before she applies (hence 2014 Sochi) or some requirement like that. I think if that's really the case, she shouldn't win the gold (unless she skates really really well) when it could go to some other people who have worked so hard their whole lives to win the olympics (i.e. Mao).

Your dp and signature are probably the greatest things I have ever seen/read xD
Back to top Go down
sapphiresky
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
sapphiresky

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Worlds 2013 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 11:22 pm

ilovethai wrote:

I honestly do not see what is special about Carolina's Bolero program. It is probably one of the most uninteresting programs I've seen in a while, so much posing ugh... although I think her individual elements, especially some jumps, are quite beautiful.

I hope Mao does super well at these championships, so she gets the big boost for Olympic year! king
Back to top Go down
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Worlds 2013 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 2:14 am

For those that don't want to watch the full podcast, here is what Dave has to say about Yu-Na.

(they were previously discussing Carolina) And I wanna know what you both think about Yu-Na Kim’s comeback. She’s obviously physically outstanding. I wonder about her reasons for coming back – if she’s pressured to be the star in Korea, if she needs to keep competing to keep that alive because she skipped Four Continents. And yes, her fans are going to say that she was doing the Special Olympics with Michelle Kwan. We also know that people do not do charity shows for free at her level. And she made a decision not only not to do that event, but then she didn’t do the recent Challenge Cup that Carolina did. So, I’m wondering – does Yu-Na really wanna compete all the time? And if you don’t wanna compete, can you possibly be in the mental state to win? I don’t know Yu-Na personally, but I think it’s interesting – is she all in? Because I don’t get the vibe from Yu-Na Kim that she’s all into skating, all into competing, and this is where her heart is.
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Worlds 2013 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 2:26 am

silenceisgolden wrote:
Gooo Mao! cheers

silenceisgolden this is such a lovely picture, and i love the text Love Hearts
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Worlds 2013 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 2:56 am

swan wrote:

i'm pretty excited and upset at the same time. next week may be the last time i see daisuke at the world championships! Bawling

Isn't the next world championship in Japan? Somehow I don't see Dai or any member of Japan's olympic team skipping worlds in their own country.

ilovethai wrote:
greeeeeeed... everyone should know by now: Yuna's making a comeback not because she loves skating. She wants to be a member of the IOC and apparently one of the requirements is that she needs to compete in the most recent olympics before she applies (hence 2014 Sochi) or some requirement like that. I think if that's really the case, she shouldn't win the gold (unless she skates really really well) when it could go to some other people who have worked so hard their whole lives to win the olympics (i.e. Mao).

I think this is clear to everyone except to die hard fans of Yuna's. She didn't want to be at 2010 worlds but was pressured to go, she didn't want to be at 2011 worlds but was pressured to go (some say it was her agency/mom who wanted her to go), I highly doubt she wants to be in London, but has no choice, because of the IOC rules.

As for who should win in London: IMO the one who skates the best, regardless who this someone is. I don't want to see an undeserved ridiculous PCS for some to help them place above the others. Evil or Very Mad

sapphiresky wrote:
I honestly do not see what is special about Carolina's Bolero program. It is probably one of the most uninteresting programs I've seen in a while, so much posing ugh... although I think her individual elements, especially some jumps, are quite beautiful.

My thoughts exactly! So colour me surprised when I saw her PCS score (70) at europeans. Whirly I mean seriously?! Evil or Very Mad And then you have Mao who doesn't even get 68. Ridiculous

@silenceisgolden, I love thast picture and the text is awesome! Many Hearts
Back to top Go down
ilovethai
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
ilovethai

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Worlds 2013 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 3:43 am

Quote :
Your dp and signature are probably the greatest things I have ever seen/read xD

Thanks so much boo! There's more where that came from.. Wink
Back to top Go down
Mao2012
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Mao2012

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Worlds 2013 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 5:40 am

silenceisgolden wrote:
Gooo Mao! cheers

Mushy Love Love Hearts Thank you! Many Hearts
Back to top Go down
l-spiralmao
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
l-spiralmao

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Worlds 2013 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 6:02 am

silenceisgolden wrote:
Gooo Mao! cheers

Love Hearts Love Wub Many Hearts Confetti cherry flower I love you
Back to top Go down
whiteboots2013

whiteboots2013

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Worlds 2013 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 6:49 am

silenceisgolden!! What a lovely picture ! Thank you for uploading. Good luck! Cheering
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Worlds 2013 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 7:50 am

Alokya wrote:
For those that don't want to watch the full podcast, here is what Dave has to say about Yu-Na.

(they were previously discussing Carolina) And I wanna know what you both think about Yu-Na Kim’s comeback. She’s obviously physically outstanding. I wonder about her reasons for coming back – if she’s pressured to be the star in Korea, if she needs to keep competing to keep that alive because she skipped Four Continents. And yes, her fans are going to say that she was doing the Special Olympics with Michelle Kwan. We also know that people do not do charity shows for free at her level. And she made a decision not only not to do that event, but then she didn’t do the recent Challenge Cup that Carolina did. So, I’m wondering – does Yu-Na really wanna compete all the time? And if you don’t wanna compete, can you possibly be in the mental state to win? I don’t know Yu-Na personally, but I think it’s interesting – is she all in? Because I don’t get the vibe from Yu-Na Kim that she’s all into skating, all into competing, and this is where her heart is.

Sadly, after the Olympics, this is what I feel in Yuna's skating. She may be pressured to keep spots for S.Korea, she needs this requirement to be able to join IOC or for any other reason... No matter how good she is, I can no longer feel her heart is in it. Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
ddmm

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Worlds 2013 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 8:17 am

swan wrote:
helen91 wrote:
ddmm wrote:
swan wrote:
polosatik wrote:
ilovethai wrote:

when dave pointed out that she could've went to the challenge cup but didn't, it all made sense to me. yu-na's die hard fans can say whatever they want, but yu-na doesn't really want to compete. i agree with pretty much all you said here, helen91. but anyway, i'm sure yu-na will do great even though she didn't go to the challenge cup or the grand prix season.

i'm pretty excited and upset at the same time. next week may be the last time i see daisuke at the world championships! Bawling i've been a fan of him for the last few years but i would say this past season i've become an even bigger fan of him. i'm very proud of the skater (and man) he's become and it's been such an honor to watch him grow as a person and witness his inspirational performances. if he wins this world championships, it would be a very emotional win for me (and him!). dave gets it right when he described daisuke's skating as something "from within." everyone else's skating seems so very "studied" (which dave describes patrick as) in comparison. i think my heart will be broken when daisuke retires after the olympics. Depressed Crying

About Yuna, I also don't see any 'joy' in her skating anymore especially when I saw her at the competition in Germany. After her SP or FP, she just sat at K&C and you could see from her body language that she simply was bored and wanted to go back home asap. But whether she likes to skate or not, in my eyes, Yuna has always been pretty much consistent and I think it will be the same this time.

As for Dai, Swan , I will cry with you the day he'll leave his competition career. He's such a joy to watch (skating and as a person).
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Worlds 2013 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 8:30 am

ddmm wrote:

As for Dai, Swan , I will cry with you the day he'll leave his competition career. He's such a joy to watch (skating and as a person).

I will join you both!!! Depressed Crying I'm still hoping I can see him, Akiko, Nobu, Miki (and of course Mao but pls don't retire yet) skate live before they retire.
Back to top Go down
helen91
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
helen91

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Worlds 2013 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 8:43 am

roma wrote:
ddmm wrote:

I will join you both!!! Worlds 2013 - Page 3 566593 I'm still hoping I can see him, Akiko, Nobu, Miki (and of course Mao but pls don't retire yet) skate live before they retire.

Me too TT_TT The only thing stopping me from going to Worlds was the 4000 dollar price tag for the entire event package..... I'm not made of that kind of money D:
Back to top Go down
silenceisgolden
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
silenceisgolden

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Worlds 2013 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 9:24 am

I too will miss Dai and Akiko after next season so much. Yep, Sadly

Worlds 2013 - Page 3 Tumblr12
I've just found this lovely work.
Back to top Go down
helen91
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
helen91

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Worlds 2013 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 11:06 am

Omg guys

“Good scores and podiums may be possible without 3A, but they are not my goal right now.

I used to do difficult jumps such as 3As and 3-3s. I believe, practicing
to get back those jumps, the ones I was once doing as a kid, landing
them in competitions will bring real joy to me. I want many people to
see my 3As. That is my goal.”

Mao Asada

from Tumblr. Worlds 2013 - Page 3 566593 Worlds 2013 - Page 3 420949
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Worlds 2013 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 11:19 am

Jackie Wong's Prediction for Worlds (Ladies):
http://www.examiner.com/article/2013-world-championships-preview-ladies-predictions-for-the-top-ten

So now Mao is his top pick... but I won't give the bronze to Wagner. If Ashley and Caro skate well, I'd see Caro on the podium than Ashley. Caro's PCS is far better. And between Gracie and Adelina in terms of placement, I'd give it to Adelina.
Back to top Go down
swan
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
swan

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Worlds 2013 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 11:30 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
swan wrote:

i'm pretty excited and upset at the same time. next week may be the last time i see daisuke at the world championships! Bawling

Isn't the next world championship in Japan? Somehow I don't see Dai or any member of Japan's olympic team skipping worlds in their own country.

ilovethai wrote:
greeeeeeed... everyone should know by now: Yuna's making a comeback not because she loves skating. She wants to be a member of the IOC and apparently one of the requirements is that she needs to compete in the most recent olympics before she applies (hence 2014 Sochi) or some requirement like that. I think if that's really the case, she shouldn't win the gold (unless she skates really really well) when it could go to some other people who have worked so hard their whole lives to win the olympics (i.e. Mao).

I think this is clear to everyone except to die hard fans of Yuna's. She didn't want to be at 2010 worlds but was pressured to go, she didn't want to be at 2011 worlds but was pressured to go (some say it was her agency/mom who wanted her to go), I highly doubt she wants to be in London, but has no choice, because of the IOC rules.

As for who should win in London: IMO the one who skates the best, regardless who this someone is. I don't want to see an undeserved ridiculous PCS for some to help them place above the others. Evil or Very Mad

sapphiresky wrote:

My thoughts exactly! So colour me surprised when I saw her PCS score (70) at europeans. Whirly I mean seriously?! Evil or Very Mad And then you have Mao who doesn't even get 68. Ridiculous

@silenceisgolden, I love thast picture and the text is awesome! Many Hearts

daisuke was pretty bold on his part when he mentioned his retirement. i read an interview he did recently so i really don't think he will go to next year's world championships. but we'll have to see.

i may be flamed for this, but i think carolina definitely deserves higher PCS than mao this season. her programs are so sophisticated, mature, and profound. mao's swan program is a bit empty in the beginning and she doesn't really do much with the music towards the beginning. mao seriously needs to get new choreographers. carolina on the other hand uses abstract, hard to interpret music and does it well. she does something unique without any empty spaces. for me, she should get higher PCS than mao and much much higher than yu-na (though i doubt this will happen).
Back to top Go down
swan
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
swan

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Worlds 2013 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 11:35 am

roma wrote:
http://www.examiner.com/article/2013-world-championships-preview-ladies-predictions-for-the-top-ten

So now Mao is his top pick... but I won't give the bronze to Wagner. If Ashley and Caro skate well, I'd see Caro on the podium than Ashley. Caro's PCS is far better. And between Gracie and Adelina in terms of placement, I'd give it to Adelina.

carolina is hotter in not just pcs but jumps, too. i mean ashley didn't do the triple triple this season (correct me if i'm wrong, anyone) and i'm not sure she's in shape to do such a combination next week. and yes, eventhough adelina's choreography is awkward and never matches with the music, at least i remember she has choreography.
Back to top Go down
helen91
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
helen91

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Worlds 2013 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 11:51 am

swan wrote:
roma wrote:

carolina is hotter in not just pcs but jumps, too. i mean ashley didn't do the triple triple this season (correct me if i'm wrong, anyone) and i'm not sure she's in shape to do such a combination next week. and yes, eventhough adelina's choreography is awkward and never matches with the music, at least i remember she has choreography.

Worlds 2013 - Page 3 968994 Worlds 2013 - Page 3 340889
Back to top Go down
helen91
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
helen91

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Worlds 2013 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 11:55 am

Just a random post Razz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8hGTdCdSmg

Good choice of music I must say Razz I'd kind of like Mao's choreo to include some more of the ballet aspect of Swan Lake. (I also think this girl is one of the reasons why Yuna is skating again- since 2011 Yuna dropped to being the second most popular athlete behind Yeon Jae).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Worlds 2013 - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Worlds 2013
Page 3 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next