Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Worlds 2013 Part 2

Go down 
+59
kenkyo
chiyori
whiteboots2013
bibi
roma
shikure
Tripleaxelqueen
Rose
maowataiyo
joyfuls
BowbowDaijin
agathrine
Fumi99
dawnsherearequiet
KariDebate
Hotaru
koala_lover
chapis
Dani-Chan
bellarina
jkblues
illani
Haidogirl
reachforit
Abdiel
aoi88
patknowsbest
Mao_Asada_sunrise
BounceAround
MaoChan756
swan
☆Genie
COHK
sweetdream
shar
Afsfan
helen91
l-spiralmao
klarification
ElleluvsL
dangerous_angel_face
Czarace
supportmaoasada
Ken Himura
Alokya
inskate
sapphiresky
silenceisgolden
ballerinamao
josling
PochinkoPotanko
AmazingGraceMao
polosatik
Mao2012
linglang
pearlyriver
zarinaballerina
Lady_in_black
ddmm
63 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40, 41  Next
AuthorMessage
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

Worlds 2013 Part 2 - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013 Part 2   Worlds 2013 Part 2 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 11:57 am

http://instagram.com/p/XC71Vmm8JK/
So Alissa Czisny is back.

Last edited by pearlyriver on Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013 Part 2   Worlds 2013 Part 2 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 12:00 pm

pearlyriver wrote:
This link is a photo album of skaters at this Worlds signing on their skating boots made by curators at an art gallery in London.
http://twitpic.com/photos/theartsproject?page=1

There were Zijun, Yuna, Carol but I don't see Mao.

According to several tweeters, the skaters behind the stage all stood up from their seats after Zijun finished her LP, and she also got one of the loudest standing ovation from the audiences.

Do you guys know where can I find pictures of the banquet? Yuzuru and Zijun had a very cute photo together at last year''s Worlds. Cuteness overload Very Happy
I posted some pics at the page above. Razz
Back to top Go down
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013 Part 2   Worlds 2013 Part 2 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 12:01 pm

polosatik wrote:
bibi wrote:
polosatik wrote:
bibi wrote:
do you guys know where I could find pictures of her long program? and maybe pictures of me giving her the gift? Because the photographers were not far away from us ! Thank you Smile
I saved quite many pics of Mao FS but haven't found a picture of you giving her a gift. Trying to find now sunny
oh thanks! That's so nice of you Smile I looked on gettyimages but I didn't find! Where do you look for pictures?
I search through google and Japanese websites, i will post FS photos soon but still can't find the photo of you and Mao Sad
ok thanks ! That's fine Smile I still have it in my memory forever!
Back to top Go down
http://mao.asada.site.voila.fr
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013 Part 2   Worlds 2013 Part 2 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 12:16 pm

bibi wrote:
polosatik wrote:
bibi wrote:
polosatik wrote:
bibi wrote:
do you guys know where I could find pictures of her long program? and maybe pictures of me giving her the gift? Because the photographers were not far away from us ! Thank you Smile
I saved quite many pics of Mao FS but haven't found a picture of you giving her a gift. Trying to find now sunny
oh thanks! That's so nice of you Smile I looked on gettyimages but I didn't find! Where do you look for pictures?
I search through google and Japanese websites, i will post FS photos soon but still can't find the photo of you and Mao Sad
I can make a print screen Razz
Back to top Go down
ElleluvsL
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
ElleluvsL

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013 Part 2   Worlds 2013 Part 2 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 12:37 pm

pearlyriver wrote:

I really want for either her or Christina to get the third Olympic spot next year Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013 Part 2   Worlds 2013 Part 2 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 12:40 pm

Last edited by pearlyriver on Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013 Part 2   Worlds 2013 Part 2 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 12:46 pm

ElleluvsL wrote:
pearlyriver wrote:

I really want for either her or Christina to get the third Olympic spot next year Like a Star @ heaven

I actually prefer Mirai to Christina, but I don't like her as much as a few years ago. Guess she peaked too soon.
Back to top Go down
sapphiresky
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
sapphiresky

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013 Part 2   Worlds 2013 Part 2 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 12:48 pm

linglang wrote:
2013 World Championships Ladies' Recap by The SkatingLessen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Q13E7VfInQ&feature=player_embedded

lol! Some of their comments are so funny! I completely agree with Lori Nichol and Meghan Duhammel loud at the K&C...and Gracie Gold needs a tiara hahaah!

But such nice things about Mao flower

ETA: About how YK gets under Mao's skin...in some ways that may be true....just like how the reverse was true during their Junior years when Mao was dominating everything and got under YK's skin.
But Mao is the type to focus on herself only...so I think she handled the pressure pretty well.

I hope that Mao has someone to open up to- even in that picture with Tat, Mao seemed like she had things to say but didn't express them. She is really the type to hold a lot of her thoughts in. And it's so sad because it seemed like her Mom was the one that she could talk to, could cry to before.
Perhaps Mai has taken on that position that Mao could talk to?

Last edited by sapphiresky on Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013 Part 2   Worlds 2013 Part 2 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 12:49 pm

polosatik wrote:
bibi wrote:
polosatik wrote:
bibi wrote:
polosatik wrote:
bibi wrote:
I can make a print screen Razz
haha yes! I already did this Razz
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013 Part 2   Worlds 2013 Part 2 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 1:18 pm

sapphiresky wrote:
linglang wrote:

lol! Some of their comments are so funny! I completely agree with Lori Nichol and Meghan Duhammel loud at the K&C...and Gracie Gold needs a tiara hahaah!

ETA: About how YK gets under Mao's skin...in some ways that may be true....just like how the reverse was true during their Junior years when Mao was dominating everything and got under YK's skin.
But Mao is the type to focus on herself only...so I think she handled the pressure pretty well.

I hope that Mao has someone to open up to- even in that picture with Tat, Mao seemed like she had things to say but didn't express them. She is really the type to hold a lot of her thoughts in. And it's so sad because it seemed like her Mom was the one that she could talk to, could cry to before.

I wonder how fluent Mao is in Russian. I always feel that Tat holds a very special position in Mao's heart. There relationship is probably primarily based on 'body languange' (lots of eye contact, hugging, facial expression, bodily gestures). Maybe she held it back in that picture with TAt because she's not fluent enough in Russian and English. Mao seems to be a reserved person whose actions speak louder than words. That's a common trait among champions. Denis Ten said that "I skated on the same ice with her. She's the most goal oriented person". Whatever Mao sets her mind on, I believe it's the right thing for her. I don't speak Japanese but I heard that since working with Mr Sato, she's got better at responding to interview questions and verbalizing her feelings. I think it's really helping her.
Back to top Go down
dangerous_angel_face
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
dangerous_angel_face

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013 Part 2   Worlds 2013 Part 2 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 4:06 pm

Just posting a link to a photo of Kanako's split jump. Wow. Wub

blog-imgs-43-origin.fc2.com/m/o/m/momolunafever/201303192108273e5.jpg
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013 Part 2   Worlds 2013 Part 2 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 4:38 pm

bibi wrote:

bibi, I've sent you a picture via PM before you asked this question. It's a compilation of screen shots of your giving the gift to Mao and your smile as holding the tiger. I wondered whether you like your photo kept private or not so I sent it via PM. Very Happy

If bibi is OK, I wants share the photo with other members. Razz
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013 Part 2   Worlds 2013 Part 2 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 4:50 pm

pearlyriver wrote:
This link is a photo album of skaters at this Worlds signing on their skating boots made by curators at an art gallery in London.
http://twitpic.com/photos/theartsproject?page=1

There were Zijun, Yuna, Carol but I don't see Mao.

According to several tweeters, the skaters behind the stage all stood up from their seats after Zijun finished her LP, and she also got one of the loudest standing ovation from the audiences.

Do you guys know where can I find pictures of the banquet? Yuzuru and Zijun had a very cute photo together at last year''s Worlds. Cuteness overload Very Happy

Thank you for the link! LOL Caro. She's a character. Razz

Zijun Love Hearts Her skating just melts my heart.
Back to top Go down
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013 Part 2   Worlds 2013 Part 2 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 5:16 pm

linglang wrote:
bibi wrote:

bibi, I've sent you a picture via PM before you asked this question. It's a compilation of screen shots of your giving the gift to Mao and your smile as holding the tiger. I wondered whether you like your photo kept private or not so I sent it via PM. Very Happy

haha yes that's a montage I made Smile I don't mind you sharing it Razz
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013 Part 2   Worlds 2013 Part 2 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 5:32 pm

bibi wrote:
linglang wrote:
bibi wrote:

Oh really! ROTFLMAO I just found it somewhere else. Laugh
Is it OK to post it here or use PM?
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013 Part 2   Worlds 2013 Part 2 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 5:49 pm

pearlyriver wrote:
sapphiresky wrote:
linglang wrote:

I wonder how fluent Mao is in Russian. I always feel that Tat holds a very special position in Mao's heart. There relationship is probably primarily based on 'body languange' (lots of eye contact, hugging, facial expression, bodily gestures). Maybe she held it back in that picture with TAt because she's not fluent enough in Russian and English. Mao seems to be a reserved person whose actions speak louder than words. That's a common trait among champions. Denis Ten said that "I skated on the same ice with her. She's the most goal oriented person". Whatever Mao sets her mind on, I believe it's the right thing for her. I don't speak Japanese but I heard that since working with Mr Sato, she's got better at responding to interview questions and verbalizing her feelings. I think it's really helping her.

It seems Mao holds back her emotions particularly before the media, and she is very careful about what she says before them.

I read at Japanese SNS before, a poster saw Mao, Taka and Mura having lunch together and the poster was surprised that Mao kept talking while the boys were listening to her. She was just like other young students when she was chatting with them. What we see is almost always through the media, so we tend to see more reserved Mao.

Oh, I just remembered. Do you remember when Mao and Kana were watching the video of Kanako's skate together behind the rink? I think it was at Japanese nationals two years ago. When Kanako said something about her body, Mao said in a very low voice "don't say that" and shut her up immediately. I thought Mao was very wary of the media plus haters and bots on the internet. I don't think Mao reads forums or blogs about figure skating, but I'm sure she knows about them. I thought she didn't want what Kanako said to be used by trolls.
Back to top Go down
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013 Part 2   Worlds 2013 Part 2 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 8:34 pm

linglang wrote:
bibi wrote:
linglang wrote:
bibi wrote:

Oh really! ROTFLMAO I just found it somewhere else. Laugh
Is it OK to post it here or use PM?
I think it's better to use PM for the person who wants to see it Smile Thanks for taking care of asing me before doing it!
Back to top Go down
helen91
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
helen91

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013 Part 2   Worlds 2013 Part 2 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 10:10 pm

linglang wrote:
pearlyriver wrote:
sapphiresky wrote:
linglang wrote:

It seems Mao holds back her emotions particularly before the media, and she is very careful about what she says before them.

I read at Japanese SNS before, a poster saw Mao, Taka and Mura having lunch together and the poster was surprised that Mao kept talking while the boys were listening to her. She was just like other young students when she was chatting with them. What we see is almost always through the media, so we tend to see more reserved Mao.

Oh, I just remembered. Do you remember when Mao and Kana were watching the video of Kanako's skate together behind the rink? I think it was at Japanese nationals two years ago. When Kanako said something about her body, Mao said in a very low voice "don't say that" and shut her up immediately. I thought Mao was very wary of the media plus haters and bots on the internet. I don't think Mao reads forums or blogs about figure skating, but I'm sure she knows about them. I thought she didn't want what Kanako said to be used by trolls.

this one?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvxQXOpCaLw
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013 Part 2   Worlds 2013 Part 2 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 1:04 am

dangerous_angel_face wrote:

I love seeing skaters doing split jumps. Is there any benefit in doing a split jump under current COP? If it is a 180C degree split like Kana or Sasha, will it be rewarded more?
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013 Part 2   Worlds 2013 Part 2 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 1:10 am

Gala practice video Razz
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYl4mX4NBNE
LOL Mao & Kana @6:35

Thank bibi. Anyone who wants bibi's montage, please PM me.

Thanks helen. That's the one. Actually, they were watching a warm-up and Mao just said "Hey!" only and they shut up. Oh my brain ... getting old. Unconscious

ETA: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKcIYamnXDU
Mao's gala practice flower

She looked at me @3:15 geek
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013 Part 2   Worlds 2013 Part 2 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 1:49 am

pearlyriver wrote:
dangerous_angel_face wrote:

I love seeing skaters doing split jumps. Is there any benefit in doing a split jump under current COP? If it is a 180C degree split like Kana or Sasha, will it be rewarded more?
I love russian split jump!! You know not the one Kana is doing but Sasha's trademark! Swoon I miss it so much, I think Mao can pull it really well!
Worlds 2013 Part 2 - Page 39 Lfmewl-b78749665z.120110126001251000gkvsvtvb.1
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013 Part 2   Worlds 2013 Part 2 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 1:55 am

linglang wrote:
Gala practice video Razz
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYl4mX4NBNE
LOL Mao & Kana @6:35

Thank bibi. Anyone who wants bibi's montage, please PM me.

Thanks helen. That's the one. Actually, they were watching a warm-up and Mao just said "Hey!" only and they shut up. Oh my brain ... getting old. Unconscious

ETA: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKcIYamnXDU
Mao's gala practice flower

She looked at me @3:15 geek
Who is the guy choreographer? He looks familiar to me.
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013 Part 2   Worlds 2013 Part 2 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 2:32 am

I have a question guys: Do you like the choreography of Mao's Swan Lake? Do you think if there's any room for improvement? I don't really like the first half of the program, where she primarily just does jumps and crossovers, and her slow speed shows. Actually her speed is not that slow, but when pitting it against Yuna and Caro's LP, it's slower. In the second half of the program, Mao has more room for expression but I still wish she could have emoted more joy and vivacity. I guess the pressure of doing such difficult jumps in the first part zaps out her energy and emotion.
Could it be that Mao' low PCS scores have anything to do with her low speed?
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013 Part 2   Worlds 2013 Part 2 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 2:33 am

Worlds 2013 Part 2 - Page 39 6p8_yGRG8ck

Worlds 2013 Part 2 - Page 39 Tl8Uq_wJvzs

Found it at Dai's Russian group.
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013 Part 2   Worlds 2013 Part 2 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 2:35 am

pearlyriver wrote:
I have a question guys: Do you like the choreography of Mao's Swan Lake? Do you think if there's any room for improvement? I don't really like the first half of the program, where she primarily just does jumps and crossovers, and her slow speed shows. Actually her speed is not that slow, but when pitting it against Yuna and Caro's LP, it's slower. In the second half of the program, Mao has more room for expression but I still wish she could have emoted more joy and vivacity. I guess the pressure of doing such difficult jumps in the first part zaps out her energy and emotion.
Could it be that Mao' low PCS scores have anything to do with her low speed?
Yes I do a lot. I think TAT did a program which highlights Mao strength and also is comfortable for her at the stage of reworking jumps. You're all too harsh on Mao, to rework her jumps and having a program like Caro's Bolero would have burried Mao under the ice. No Well it didn't help too much Caro either. This is why Patrick having so much troubles with his jumps, crazy choreo and crazy programs. You have to be consistent to skate such programs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013 Part 2   Worlds 2013 Part 2 - Page 39 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Worlds 2013 Part 2
Page 39 of 41Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40, 41  Next