Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Miki Ando has become mother

Go down 
+30
qingshui
chapis
kawaiimao
babayaga
Tripleaxelqueen
supportmaoasada
Dani-Chan
pearlyriver
MikiAndoFan#1
flittermouse
polosatik
BowbowDaijin
inskate
let`s talk
Lady_in_black
europeanfan
ddmm
shikure
zarinaballerina
Haidogirl
COHK
dangerous_angel_face
roma
shar
ElleluvsL
Mao2012
ilovethai
ballerinamao
chiyori
linglang
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
let`s talk
Double Axel
Double Axel
let`s talk

Miki Ando has become mother - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando has become mother   Miki Ando has become mother - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 4:46 am

Miki today skated in PIW show in Ibaraki. She presented "My Way" of Andre Rieu (tribute to Sinatra), not sure if it's her SP or EX. She did 2A, 3S and singled her lutz. Here she is with fans:
https://twitter.com/shkozo/status/381339318804951040/photo/1/large

Upd. Yes, it was SP.
http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/sports/news/20130921-OYT1T00765.htm?from=tw
Costume:
http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/zoom/20130921-OYT9I00760.htm
Back to top Go down
kawaiimao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
kawaiimao

PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando has become mother   Miki Ando has become mother - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 7:46 am

let`s talk wrote:
Miki today skated in PIW show in Ibaraki. She presented "My Way" of Andre Rieu (tribute to Sinatra), not sure if it's her SP or EX. She did 2A, 3S and singled her lutz. Here she is with fans:
https://twitter.com/shkozo/status/381339318804951040/photo/1/large

Upd. Yes, it was SP.
http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/sports/news/20130921-OYT1T00765.htm?from=tw
Costume:
http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/zoom/20130921-OYT9I00760.htm
Finally a good dress on Miki!
Back to top Go down
let`s talk
Double Axel
Double Axel
let`s talk

PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando has become mother   Miki Ando has become mother - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 8:09 pm

Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando has become mother   Miki Ando has become mother - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 12:53 am

The videos have all been removed. But that was such a beautiful dress.
Back to top Go down
chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
chiyori

PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando has become mother   Miki Ando has become mother - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 10:05 am

Such a gorgeous dress... Reminds me of something Shizuka would wear... They're very close friends, I think, so I wouldn't be surprised if Shizuka had some input in it. She did some things for Akiko in the past as well.
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando has become mother   Miki Ando has become mother - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 12:01 am

chiyori wrote:
Such a gorgeous dress... Reminds me of something Shizuka would wear... They're very close friends, I think, so I wouldn't be surprised if Shizuka had some input in it. She did some things for Akiko in the past as well.
I don't know that they're close friends. I just notice that they have quite similar fashion taste and stature. They look really good in tanktop and legging when practicing. Both are better known for their jumps than artistry. I personally perfer their exhibitions to their competitive programs (they were much more on fire in skating shows IMO)
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando has become mother   Miki Ando has become mother - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2013 7:12 am

From Lynn Rutherford: Italian Valter Rizzo coaches Miki Ando at Nebelhorn. Not a permanent arrangement; she has no permanent coach yet.
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando has become mother   Miki Ando has become mother - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2013 4:57 am

Miki scored 59.79 (30.13, 29.66) for her SP. WOW! 
Jump layout was 3Lz-2Lo, 3Lo, 2A.
PCS was: 7.54 6.93 7.57 7.43 7.61

Cannot wait to see a clip. Please someone post it on youtube Worship
Back to top Go down
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando has become mother   Miki Ando has become mother - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2013 6:12 am

linglang wrote:

Here's the clip:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hozvEqV83f4&feature=youtu.be

Admirable Miki Mama! Thumbs up! 
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando has become mother   Miki Ando has become mother - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2013 6:19 am

COHK wrote:
linglang wrote:

Here's the clip:

Thank you COHK!! Thank you! Love Hearts
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando has become mother   Miki Ando has become mother - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2013 6:32 am

here is a link to those who want to watch the whole competition, it has already started:

http://www.hahabar.com/20130925/v--649767-5242f46f2e7126.56981488.html
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando has become mother   Miki Ando has become mother - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2013 9:30 am

COHK wrote:

Here's the clip:

Thank you!

I can't help but think how her SP set to the music "My Way", fits her situation perfectly. She sure is doing things her way, and good for her.

Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando has become mother   Miki Ando has become mother - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 3:21 am

For those interested, ISU is streaming an entire Nebelhorn Trophy.cheers 

Here is the link for men's SP. For other links (pairs, women...) just go to their page and when the competition starts, the streaming also starts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36O3IqvAW3o
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando has become mother   Miki Ando has become mother - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 5:00 am

Thanks zarina, but it's geoblocked in Japan, because of TV Asahi, I suppose. Disappointed 
I'm really want to see how Nobu is doing. Drama!
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando has become mother   Miki Ando has become mother - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 5:09 am

Nobu was awesome he is leading right now with a big margin, he landed all his jumps.Woot! 
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando has become mother   Miki Ando has become mother - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 5:13 am

Thank you ballerinamao! cheers 
Can't wait for youtube video!!
Back to top Go down
let`s talk
Double Axel
Double Axel
let`s talk

PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando has become mother   Miki Ando has become mother - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 8:13 am

linglang wrote:
Thanks zarina, but it's geoblocked in Japan, because of TV Asahi, I suppose. Disappointed 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EquAlPY3xLo
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando has become mother   Miki Ando has become mother - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 9:39 am

linglang wrote:
Sorry for being dense, but why does the Japanese media have to be so strict in this case? Streaming skating competitions like Nebelhorn is what keeps skating more relevant in a world where we're spoilt for choices and certainly this can only help the sport gain more fans when it's widely believed to be in a slump since the introduction of the new scoring system?
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando has become mother   Miki Ando has become mother - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 11:45 am

pearlyriver wrote:
linglang wrote:
Sorry for being dense, but why does the Japanese media have to be so strict in this case? Streaming skating competitions like Nebelhorn is what keeps skating more relevant in a world where we're spoilt for choices and certainly this can only help the sport gain more fans when it's widely believed to be in a slump since the introduction of the new scoring system?
My guess, it's because TV Asahi has bought the broadcasting rights. It does make sense, if you pay to broadcast, you're not going to allow your citizens to watch it somewhere alse for free. However in such a case, at least broadcast the entire thing so that the FS fans in japan can watch it.Very Mad  There are more skaters at nebelhorn than just Miki.

Since there isn't a thread for this competition, I'm just going to ask it here. What did you guys think of Volosozhar/Trankov programs? i honestly don't get their scores; 81 in SP and 150 in LP.Whirly Suspect  I love these two and I want them to do well, but not like this, with unfair scoring. I know it's a B international, but still...

Do scores obtain at Nebelhorn count as an official season's best?
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando has become mother   Miki Ando has become mother - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 11:51 am

I've just seen that Narumi and her new partner are in 11th place. Since there were only 4 spots available, does this mean that Narumi won't go to Sochi?affraid  After everything that's happened, this would really suck.
Back to top Go down
chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
chiyori

PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando has become mother   Miki Ando has become mother - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 12:00 pm

I find it fascinating, as well as very telling, that Miki's bio on ISU does not list Morozov as a former coach...

http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00005594.htm
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando has become mother   Miki Ando has become mother - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 12:10 pm

chiyori wrote:
I find it fascinating, as well as very telling, that Miki's bio on ISU does not list Morozov as a former coach...

I hope this doesn't mean that he's her current coach.Yikes!!! Escape 
Back to top Go down
chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
chiyori

PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando has become mother   Miki Ando has become mother - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 4:26 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:
chiyori wrote:

I hope this doesn't mean that he's her current coach.Yikes!!! Escape 
Haha I hope not but it was said that Miki approached him for coaching last year... Maybe the ISU profile update happened when she was still hoping.
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando has become mother   Miki Ando has become mother - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 5:46 pm

Thanks let's talk for the link!!
His jumps, especially landing, are to die for. Love Hearts

zarinaballerina wrote:
pearlyriver wrote:
linglang wrote:
My guess, it's because TV Asahi has bought the broadcasting rights. It does make sense, if you pay to broadcast, you're not going to allow your citizens to watch it somewhere alse for free. However in such a case, at least broadcast the entire thing so that the FS fans in japan can watch it.Very Mad  There are more skaters at nebelhorn than just Miki.
I think your guess is right.  They are worried about viewing rate, and internet broadcasting affects their viewing rates for sure because the way they put games on air just sucks.  It just spoils the excitement of games.  I wish they broadcast competitions without making too much fuss or their silly obsession.

TV Asahi broadcasts all the disciplines of Nebelhorn live, except Single Men. Unconscious Disappointed
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando has become mother   Miki Ando has become mother - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 8:08 pm

linglang wrote:

I think your guess is right.  They are worried about viewing rate, and internet broadcasting affects their viewing rates for sure because the way they put games on air just sucks.  It just spoils the excitement of games.  I wish they broadcast competitions without making too much fuss or their silly obsession.

Thank you, now that makes sense. TV Asahi broadcasts all the disciplines of Nebelhorn live, except Single Men. Unconscious Disappointed[/quote]So Asahi bought the broadcasting rights for a B competition like Nebelhorn because Miki competes there? Do they often broadcast junior events? Now I'm glad that I live in a developing country where there's not much obsession with broadcasting rights so that I can enjoy many internation events that I would never had the chance to attend otherwise. Watching 2012 Olympics on Youtube was beyond amazing. I do have ESPN and Fox Sports but they didn't broadcast the sports I like.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando has become mother   Miki Ando has become mother - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Miki Ando has become mother
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next