Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Grand Prix Final 2013

Go down 
+53
mika
Tripleaxelqueen
Dani-Chan
☆Genie
mimmiz
supportmaoasada
Asada_Rising
let`s talk
appledapple
FigureArtist14
apple4me
babayaga
maosukefan
kawaiimao
BounceAround
mini34ans
josling
Hotaru
dangerous_angel_face
inskate
kazekamihiko
AmazingGraceMao
itsonlykat
europeanfan
kisses
sapphiresky
Abdiel
tinalulu
chiyori
Mao2012
rachmaninoffangel
BowbowDaijin
ballerinamao
minhoudi
Mao_Asada_sunrise
chapis
whiteboots2013
roma
polosatik
aoi88
silenceisgolden
zarinaballerina
illani
Ken Himura
l-spiralmao
COHK
Iceriver
pearlyriver
linglang
shar
ilovethai
Alokya
Haidogirl
57 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22 ... 29  Next
AuthorMessage
Iceriver
Double Axel
Double Axel

Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 3:31 pm

ballerinamao wrote:

iceriver, do you mind giving a brief review of what they said, i'm really really curious
Of course, I don't mind Smile . I'll write just some of the comments she makes throughout Mao's performance:

- First she talks about Mao's results last season and compares them to Javi's results (4cc gold+world bronze VS Europeans gold+world bronze).

- When Mao does the triple axel she says "I think she's one of the few ladies who does this jump" although she rectifies and says "the only one" at the end.

- She says "how beautiful!" in the final pose of her first combination spin.

- She gasps during Mao's last spin and says "Wow if there is something, from all the performances we have seen in this GPF, that can come closest to the word artistic, it is this program that we have just seen. (Sorry if I'm not translating it perfectly. It's a long sentence and I'm not sure I'm using the correct structure here).

-Then she says: "What a beauty! What a program by this two time world champion, starting with a spectacular triple axel. She is the only woman who's attempting it. Sometimes she fails but she always tries. Such a great choreography, interpretation and overall skating, so delicate. Inconmensurable triple flip and majestic triple loop-double loop".

-Finally she comments on levels and says "And above all, the ballet exuded through all her pores. How well she has skated and how much she has enjoyed herself. The arena completely silent and enjoying Mao Asada because it's been a long time since I saw such a delicate and well executed program (by any skater). I don't know how much she's going to score but she's going into first, for sure, for sure."

- Then she says something about Mao's triple axel being slightly short of rotation, about a quarter only. She usually doesn't talk much about scores and never gives her opinion about judging so she doesn't add anything else.

Hope you understood it well and enjoyed her comments! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 3:37 pm

Iceriver wrote:
ballerinamao wrote:

iceriver, do you mind giving a brief review of what they said, i'm really really curious
Of course, I don't mind Smile . I'll write just some of the comments she makes throughout Mao's performance:

- First she talks about Mao's results last season and compares them to Javi's results (4cc gold+world bronze VS Europeans gold+world bronze).

- When Mao does the triple axel she says "I think she's one of the few ladies who does this jump" although she rectifies and says "the only one" at the end.

- She says "how beautiful!" in the final pose of her first combination spin.

- She gasps during Mao's last spin and says "Wow if there is something, from all the performances we have seen in this GPF, that can come closest to the word artistic, it is this program that we have just seen. (Sorry if I'm not translating it perfectly. It's a long sentence and I'm not sure I'm using the correct structure here).

-Then she says: "What a beauty! What a program by this two time world champion, starting with a spectacular triple axel. She is the only woman who's attempting it. Sometimes she fails but she always tries. Such a great choreography, interpretation and overall skating, so delicate. Inconmensurable triple flip and majestic triple loop-double loop".

-Finally she comments on levels and says "And above all, the ballet exuded through all her pores. How well she has skated and how much she has enjoyed herself. The arena completely silent and enjoying Mao Asada because it's been a long time since I saw such a delicate and well executed program (by any skater). I don't know how much she's going to score but she's going into first, for sure, for sure."

- Then she says something about Mao's triple axel being slightly short of rotation, about a quarter only. She usually doesn't talk much about scores and never gives her opinion about judging so she doesn't add anything else.

Hope you understood it well and enjoyed her comments! Very Happy
Thank you soo much for the translation Cheering 
It was really interesting to read, and I enjoyed reading her comments alot
Back to top Go down
Iceriver
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 5:01 pm

BounceAround wrote:
Hi Iceriver,

I don't speak Spanish, but I sat in my friend's Spanish class throughout all of high school, so I know enough to comprehend a lot of what the TDP/TVE commentator says. But honestly, I can't say that I truly understand Spanish Embarassed.

I like how she (I don't actually know if it's the same woman) is very positive towards all the skaters and had nice things to say about Mao during her tough years. She always notices the footwork!

On another note, Yuna's new tango freeskate reminded me to rewatch Mao's "Por Una Cabeza" exhibition. It was fabulous!
Hi! Don't be so humble Smile if you can comprehend a lot of what they say you can say you understand Spanish Wink 

This has always been TVE commentator for figure skating and gymnastics. I like her, she is not the most knowledgeable (she knows the basic aspects but she's not a skater or an expert) but I like how she's always passionate with her comments and nice to all skaters. She's sometimes funny too and comments in a very relaxed way.

At Europeans and Worlds there's another woman commenting with her. She was a skater and now she is a technical ISU judge, but I believe she doesn't judge important international events. She is more strict with her comments but also nice to all skaters and especially to Mao, Yuna and Carolina. They said really nice things about Mao at worlds 2012. They sounded sad saying how she hadn't been able to skate as well as she did in practice but, despite her mistakes, she was beautiful to watch. They praised her very much at 2008 worlds when she fell but recovered and I remember the one who is a judge saying Nooooooo when Mao fell on the axel and the other one saying "this girl moves me as much as Michelle Kwan did".

And one last nice and interesting comment: I also remember the technical judge commenting on underotations during a replay of Mao's triple-triple at 2009 worlds. She doubted it was fully rotated at first and when she saw the slow-mo she said "You see, I always judge in favour of skaters so I wouldn't downgrade that jump. But it's sometimes not that easy. You have two other judges helping you and if they are both strict and agree that it should be underotated there's not much you can do. You decide but it's difficult to ignore them and just do what you think. I sometimes feel sorry and think...sorry but I can't, I can't".

They went crazy with Yuna's LP at worlds 2013 too and it looked like they were really moved. It was funny, though, to see how the technical judge mentioned that Yuna's triple flip could have an edge problem in the short when she was commenting the event live. It's interesting because IMO it was not clear and I still think it was a really really strict call, but she noticed something wrong with it at first.

BTW, you are welcome ballerinamao Smile
Back to top Go down
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 5:19 pm

Iceriver wrote:
I'm enjoying this GPF very much! Very Happy 

Any news about Mao?
The report of yesterday's practice (of 12/6, local time):
3A landing、2nd planned 3A turned into 1A、3F、2A+3T、3S、3F+2L+2L、3L、jumps during 2nd half of the program were all landed beautifully.
Afterwards, she landed 3A+2T. It is reported there were changes made to the Stsq.

Also, the news reports that, during the practices of GPF, Mao was not practicing through the whole sessions. She'd quit practicing even there were still 5-10 minutes till the end of the session. And that was a precautionary measure to avoid over-training.
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 5:52 pm

COHK wrote:
Iceriver wrote:
I'm enjoying this GPF very much! Very Happy 

Any news about Mao?
3A landing、2nd planned 3A turned into 1A、3F、2A+3T、3S、3F+2L+2L、3L、jumps during 2nd half of the program were all landed beautifully.
Afterwards, she landed 3A+2T. It is reported there were changes made to the Stsq.

Also, the news reports that, during the practices of GPF, Mao was not practicing through the whole sessions. She'd quit practicing even there were still 5-10 minutes till the end of the session. And that was a precautionary measure to avoid over-training.
Thanks for the update, good to hear that Mao is in such good condition, how about the 3f-3lo combo, any reports from her practice about it?
Back to top Go down
Iceriver
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 5:59 pm

Thank you very much COHK!!!
Back to top Go down
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 6:12 pm

ballerinamao wrote:

Thanks for the update, good to hear that Mao is in such good condition, how about the 3f-3lo combo, any reports from her practice about it?

mh~~ I can't find any info about practicing 3-3 combo from yesterday's practice. But the very last practice before today's FS will be taking place in about 3 hrs from now. We'll get to see if she actually gets new costume by then!
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 6:18 pm

COHK wrote:
ballerinamao wrote:

mh~~ I can't find any info about practicing 3-3 combo from yesterday's practice. But the very last practice before today's FS will be taking place in about 3 hrs from now. We'll get to see if she actually gets new costume by then!
oh i see, well we'll just have to wait then Happy dance 
Back to top Go down
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
shar

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 9:38 pm

Sending positive energy for Mao to have a successful LP. GOOOO MAO! Cheering Cheering Cheering
Back to top Go down
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 10:10 pm

correction: the FS costume is the same as NHK. (Rumors turned out to be...rumors Wink )
practice report: for the run-through, there seemed to be a fall with one of the 3As (not sure about this part though), otherwise the other jumps were okay. The 3rd jump following 3A is 3F.

There are fans on scene reporting that she tried 3-3 for at least once.
Back to top Go down
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
shar

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 10:26 pm

COHK wrote:
correction: the FS costume is the same as NHK. (Rumors turned out to be...rumors Wink )
practice report: for the run-through, there seemed to be a fall with one of the 3As (not sure about this part though), otherwise the other jumps were okay. The 3rd jump following 3A is 3F.

I'm glad Mao is practicing all of her jumps, including the 3A and 3-3. What a fighter she is. Good luck to all of the ladies. Many Hearts 
Back to top Go down
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 10:50 pm

COHK wrote:

Editing: it's confirmed that she had a fall on the 1st 3A during run-through
Back to top Go down
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Mao_Asada_sunrise

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 11:12 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:
shar wrote:
With Mao only 1 point behind a certain someone in the SP, how much you wanna bet,  they (The dreadful 2) scrutinize her lp for every little mistake to make sure she doesn't top the queeeeeeeef...I mean gueeen.

I hope not, but you never know.
Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if they do. After yesterday I'm starting to believe someone's theory (I don't remember who it was) ,that Mao was being underscored on purpose so that the queen could beat her score and going to Sochi still as a favourite. I'm really curious how these two morons will judge Mao tomorrow.
(sigh) More than anger, I feel pity towards Mao if that theory is true, or even any times that she's been unfairly judged technically. I'm glad that she has a different attitude now. She once mentioned that she always wanted to win in every competition before, but now, she's focused on doing her very best in each competition, especially during the Olympics with little attention to victory. I think having a change of perspective makes us fans feel more relieved because at least we know that she'll be mentally strong. That alone affects performance. For the FS tonight, I hope it'll be the best performance she can give so she feels victorious in her own self. That usually makes Mao happy!
Back to top Go down
BounceAround

BounceAround

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 11:31 pm

There are practice reports on this twitter. Even if you can't read Japanese, the Google translate is decent.

https://twitter.com/figureskate5ch
Back to top Go down
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 11:35 pm

This site has updated photos of Mao's FS practices:

http://lumo-skate.com/
Back to top Go down
ilovethai
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
ilovethai

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 11:54 pm

Does anybody know when the ladies FS is gonna start?
Back to top Go down
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Mao_Asada_sunrise

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 12:00 am

ilovethai wrote:
Does anybody know when the ladies FS is gonna start?
I think in 3 hours?
Back to top Go down
Asada_Rising

Asada_Rising

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 12:06 am

COHK wrote:
COHK wrote:

I think the Gold dress rumors were actually about Yuna sp dress which is ugly btw
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 12:16 am

hi guys!! MAO is going to skate @8:00pm JPN TIME. (Ladies will start 30min earlier.)

PLEASE KEEP SENDING GOOD VIBES FOR HER!! Very Happy 
So that she'll deliver a performance that will make her happy, nailing all elements cleanly!
I hope Mao will not give a f*** about the thecnical panel, but just consentrate on executing her beautiful skating and tricks Rockstar 

So please send positive & powerful enegy to make her smile!  Cheering Cheering Cheering
Back to top Go down
itsonlykat
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
itsonlykat

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 12:24 am

Back to top Go down
ilovethai
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
ilovethai

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 12:49 am

Asada_Rising wrote:
COHK wrote:
COHK wrote:

I think the Gold dress rumors were actually about Yuna sp dress which is ugly btw
Yuna's SP dress IS ugly. Yuna's dresses are usually exquisite and fierce.. but that yellow one is kinda tacky in my eye.

Looks like another sleepless night for me tonight Sleep 
Back to top Go down
Abdiel
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 1:04 am

Dance sunny sunny sunny flower sunny sunny sunny Dance 
More positive vibes for our dear Mao!!!

I still can't get over Mao's SP score, but OTOH, I think I'm in the minority this time around. I like Yuna's dress. It's just different from her usual style.

EDIT: In pairs, S/S had a clean skate, and V/T sadly did not. Tatiana had a fall and a step out in their side by side jumps. S/S (227.03) win over V/T (223.83)!!!

Last edited by Abdiel on Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ilovethai
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
ilovethai

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 1:25 am

Aliona and Robin beat the Russians by a good 3 points! Wowww.. that really shakes up the pairs situation doesn't it. Pang and Tong get 3rd.. more momentum for them for that Olympic bronze.
Back to top Go down
itsonlykat
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
itsonlykat

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 1:30 am

So happy Aliona and Robin beat the Russians! Well done for Pang and Tong as well.
Back to top Go down
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Mao_Asada_sunrise

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 1:35 am

linglang wrote:
hi guys!! MAO is going to skate @8:00pm JPN TIME. (Ladies will start 30min earlier.)

PLEASE KEEP SENDING GOOD VIBES FOR HER!! Very Happy 
So that she'll deliver a performance that will make her happy, nailing all elements cleanly!
I hope Mao will not give a f*** about the thecnical panel, but just consentrate on executing her beautiful skating and tricks Rockstar 

So please send positive & powerful enegy to make her smile!  Cheering Cheering Cheering
Earlier?! That's great! It won't be too late for me to go to sleep. Lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 16 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Grand Prix Final 2013
Page 16 of 29Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22 ... 29  Next