Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters

Go down 
+47
PochinkoPotanko
Abdiel
Ken Himura
inskate
l-spiralmao
chiyori
roma
Mao2012
patknowsbest
clarice
COHK
ddmm
ballerinamao
dangerous_angel_face
KariDebate
MaoChan756
shikure
Okami
swan
zarinaballerina
babayaga
Eris
Jtsmith1
Aibhlin
Artistry
tilitom
clovera
aoi88
Lady_in_black
Figure_skating_love
klarification
sumin
mingming
chapis
maofan93
Spacey
bibi
tkrm7778
cariinm12
coconut
polosatik
☆Genie
Star85
bellarina
MikiAndoFan#1
kawaiimao
tianrushui
51 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
ddmm

Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters   Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 7:58 am

I'm another one who don't like Adelina's LP.
Maybe she's too young to skate to this music, maybe it just doesn't suit her style. But I also don't see any connection between the music and the choreography and this looks like VERY Tat recently. I also see moves that Mao does in programs choreographed by TAT. Is she out of ideas ?

Can't wait to see our dear Mao.
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters   Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 9:45 am

http://www.sport-weekend.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1532:2011-10-23-00-04-32&catid=81:an-on-ce-new-num-ber The latest interview with Liza Love A little mention of Mao.
Liza said that although she has never had an idol in figure skating, when she started skating she liked many skaters like Mao Asada and Miki Ando. Love Hearts Love Hearts Love Hearts
Back to top Go down
bellarina
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
bellarina

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters   Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 9:14 pm

So I'm curious about something...I keep hearing people talk about how great Elizaveta's technique is, but can someone explain what it is that's good about her technique? I see that she rotates super fast and she seems to get good height and ice coverage, but what exactly about her technique is so textbook?
Back to top Go down
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
shikure

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters   Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 9:38 pm

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/more-sports/article2218907.ece
this article is pretty interesting, her choreographer needs to watch out that coverage thing if that is true.
need to see her performance on other rink.
she is a wonderful jumpers and I think she will keep growing to mature skater.
I don't want to see her miss points for those things can easily improved.
for now her spins are not as wonderful as her jumps and I didn't check again yet but ppl said she doesn't have great flexibility as other skaters as her age.
maybe I just enjoy her fast moving pace Smile

Back to top Go down
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters   Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 12:33 am

shikure wrote:
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/more-sports/article2218907.ece
this article is pretty interesting, her choreographer needs to watch out that coverage thing if that is true.
need to see her performance on other rink.

What's interesting about this article is that Frank C.'s comments on ET brought up some debate. And somehow after reading the article, I could see where Frank C comes from...I remember watching a documentary about MK on YT. It was World Championships during 1995, MK "placed fifth in the short program portion of the competition with a clean performance. She landed 7 triple jumps in her free skating performance and placed third in that portion of the competition" (cited from wikipedia). MK ended up at 4th place. After the competition, MK's team got the message from the judges that Michelle's performance was "too juvenile", and that was why she didn't medal. And in the next season, Carroll and Nicol were able to convince Kawn's father to "allow" Michelle to transform into a more womanly appearance (with the costume and the makeup). Performing to Salome also with improved skating skill, MK won her first world title in 1996.

So now look at what happens to ET: almost perfect skating skill with 3-3 and other powerful jumps...but how about her performance? (Like some ppl pointed out, I don't much get her hand movements during both programs, and her spin? un......) I agree that ET's performances during her 1st GP competition were quite strong, but there was just something "missing" there. And although I don't know much enough about the scoring system and if the system would be able to reflect this, at least in the end Suzuki won over ET for the LP, which somehow showed that there was a level of "maturity" of performance that ET still needs to reach.

Back to top Go down
Lady_in_black
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters   Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 1:08 am

bellarina wrote:
So I'm curious about something...I keep hearing people talk about how great Elizaveta's technique is, but can someone explain what it is that's good about her technique? I see that she rotates super fast and she seems to get good height and ice coverage, but what exactly about her technique is so textbook?

First, she does not pre-rotate at all and she almost never under-rotates her jumps. She takes very little time to prepare her jumps and she just springs into the air and does not relay on her small stature to muscle the jump quick and fast, like Caroline Zhang used to do. This will help her when she will grow because she will naturally rotate slower than now, but she will have even more power by then. I believe her jumps will look like Yuna's in the future. Not to mention the fact that she can land clean 3F and 3Lz, with the correct edge.
Back to top Go down
clarice

clarice

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters   Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 2:44 am

Quote :
and I don't know what you guys see in adelinas jumps cause for me they may seem powerful at times but it looks like she doesn't seem to have full control over them since her landing is a bit too shaky... and her jump layout is odinary or atleast not something that makes me worry.. and her spins and steps were also normal with nothing special after my oppinion.. and when it comes to artistry i couldn't see it... I think skaters like haruka imai and carolina zhang had alot more artistry and were much more pleasent to watch if you compare there programs with adelinas new programms..

You took the words right out of my mouth, i find her jumps to be slower and lower than usual anyways.

Look at one of her jumps and her shaky landings like she weighs too much and is almost out of balance https://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=eiPMJx6onm0

I used to think Mao wouldn't stand a chance against Adelina but i take that back heheh, Adelina's going to be very embarrassed by Mao and show her how it's done.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters   Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 3:43 am

clarice wrote:
Quote :
and I don't know what you guys see in adelinas jumps cause for me they may seem powerful at times but it looks like she doesn't seem to have full control over them since her landing is a bit too shaky... and her jump layout is odinary or atleast not something that makes me worry.. and her spins and steps were also normal with nothing special after my oppinion.. and when it comes to artistry i couldn't see it... I think skaters like haruka imai and carolina zhang had alot more artistry and were much more pleasent to watch if you compare there programs with adelinas new programms..

You took the words right out of my mouth, i find her jumps to be slower and lower than usual anyways.

Look at one of her jumps and her shaky landings like she weighs too much and is almost out of balance https://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=eiPMJx6onm0

I used to think Mao wouldn't stand a chance against Adelina but i take that back heheh, Adelina's going to be very embarrassed by Mao and show her how it's done.

But to be fair, she was injured in the summer and lost the whole month of practise (acording to her coach), so this could be the reason, her jumps aren't there yet.

I'm a very big fan of Liza and I prefer her to Adelina. IMO Liza has so much more personality on ice, when I watched adelina at CoC it felt like she is trying too hard to put emotion on her face (so she would be artistic), with Liza it just feels right. She's doing tango at the age of 14 and rocking it Rockstar

And I can't imagine what the heck was TAT thinking when she gave Liebestraume to Adelina, when knowing mao will be using it again this season! I feel sorry for adelina, since there is a very big shance, that she'll skate either before mao, or after her (I prefer the before part Very Happy ).
Back to top Go down
clarice

clarice

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters   Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 4:07 am

Yes i prefer Elizaveta too but lets see how she copes after she becomes a little older.
Comparing Adelina and Mao, omg i just found out Mao won the GPF when she was just 15 about the same age Adelina is and what's even more remarkable is this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfxF_L4seBU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xEaeX-OkA0

vs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtiBVImAntc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7iCeIs0rjg

Wow, such amazing jumps and triple double combos, she was so much better than Adelina is now, i hope Mao will do the amazing triple combos again and maybe even a triple triple triple or quadruple salchow because i know she can pull it off (I am sure Adelina will skate before Mao considering the fact she's higher ranked and will show Adelina how you really skate to Liebestraume putting her to shame Embarassed )

Last edited by clarice on Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
patknowsbest

patknowsbest

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters   Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 6:19 am

elizaveta for me has sooo much to improve on since she's still so young. she needs to balance the wow factor in her performance. her jumps are great, but i hope other elements in her program are equally great. i saw the points of her spins, spiral and step sequence, and both the base value and the GOE are not off the charts. maybe its just that she's young or something like that. i really hope that she blooms. sunny
Back to top Go down
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
ddmm

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters   Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 7:11 am

I think Adelina was feeling a lot of pressure at COC.
And with time, it's interesting to see how Liza will grow with pressure and body change. Right now, she's like Mao when she was 15 with no pressure and people saying she's the hope for a medal at the Oly.
Back to top Go down
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters   Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 7:16 pm

this is Elena Radionova : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1Bh_ACCWHM&feature=related
She's sooo cute Smile Does anyone who speak russian can translate Smile ? Thanks!!
Back to top Go down
http://mao.asada.site.voila.fr
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chapis

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters   Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 2:31 pm

bibi wrote:
this is Elena Radionova : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1Bh_ACCWHM&feature=related
She's sooo cute Smile Does anyone who speak russian can translate Smile ? Thanks!!

wow, she is my new favorite of the russian girls. She is so good, I just watched her sp in the nats, she has style and her 3-3 affraid and she is only 12 years???
Back to top Go down
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters   Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 3:54 pm

chapis wrote:
bibi wrote:

wow, she is my new favorite of the russian girls. She is so good, I just watched her sp in the nats, she has style and her 3-3 affraid and she is only 12 years???

Yeah! She's my fav too Smile Her jumps, spins, spirals and good, but also, she's got VERRRY good presence on the ice Smile
Back to top Go down
bellarina
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
bellarina

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters   Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 8:41 pm

Oh wow, I like her a lot! I'd never heard of her before; thanks bibi! Most junior skaters have to grow into having artistry/good presence but she has it already, plus gorgeous lines! I really hope puberty doesn't mess with her!
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters   Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 1:33 am

bibi wrote:
Yep, Lena is also my favourite after Liza. She just said "Hi, I'm Lena Radionova.I'm here at Kings on ice show, I really liked Stephane Lambiel, Johnny Weir and especially Evgeny Plushenko. I want to say hi to everyone, to young and adult figure skaters . Good luck everyone!" Razz Such a cutie Hell, no!
Back to top Go down
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters   Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 6:41 am

polosatik wrote:
bibi wrote:
Yep, Lena is also my favourite after Liza. She just said "Hi, I'm Lena Radionova.I'm here at Kings on ice show, I really liked Stephane Lambiel, Johnny Weir and especially Evgeny Plushenko. I want to say hi to everyone, to young and adult figure skaters . Good luck everyone!" Razz Such a cutie Hell, no!

oh thank you so much polosatik!! She's so cute Razz
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters   Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 11:59 am

Back to top Go down
MaoChan756
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
MaoChan756

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters   Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 1:00 pm

polosatik wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3JcjyWaHM8&list=UUjaUiznBS9O3SeqwqlIc4UQ&index=6&feature=plcp Recent performance of Adelina's SP.

She seems to be growing taller every day! Very Happy
Looks fine to me - Although that music cut is just awful... silent
She needs more maturity in her skating...
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters   Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 7:48 am

Everyone praised Adelina's new LP, can't wait to see the video)
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters   Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 9:52 am

polosatik wrote:
Everyone praised Adelina's new LP, can't wait to see the video)

Do you happen to know the music?
These praises make me feel less anxious about Mao's LP, since I assume that TAT also choreographed Adelina's programs.
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters   Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 11:36 am

hahaha you know guys, after hearing that someone praised adelina's program i was expecting it to be good... but when i stumbled over this video i have to say i was not impressed to say the least, it's soo dissapointing and i HATE the music choice but people can judge for themselves here is the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxGt_ptitSY
Back to top Go down
MaoChan756
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
MaoChan756

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters   Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 12:30 pm

I feel really bad for her...:/
Her SP's music was less horrendous than 'this'!
I mean come on - You gotta hate Adelina to give her such a music...
Still hoping that this is not the actual music she'll be skating to - The choreography seems rushed and EVERYTHING seems out of sych! :S

I could not see the costume clearly - But all those frills made her seem like an Hawaiian cocktail dancer... silent
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters   Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 2:38 pm

I hope she somehow realizes that this is not a good or appropriate choice of music for her, and the choreography let's not talk about that, the combination of these two things just kills the program, it kinds of reminds me of rachel flat when she was skating to her jazz program. i have to say that her program and choreography shines compared to this. I mean come on what the hell is this, i´m soooo sorry for adelina right now, it's such a waste when a talented girl like her get's crap like this, anyway i hope the coach her team anyone around her, tells her to change the whole program or the choreography dramatically.

else she really will have to purely rely on a high tech score sigh! on a side not her costume here looks like the same she wore in "the ice" i think

Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters   Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 3:34 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceDNc_1OAXs&list=PLfaDNAlaVxJjTF5Rp1sUBS8NOKpX2uG1_&index=17&feature=plpp_video Here it is Adelina's LP from today. She chose this music by herself. I don't know why you hate this program so much, everyone at Russian forum loves it(though they're not Adelina's fans). To me it's an ok program, nothing bad but nothing extraordinary.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters   Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters
Page 5 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next