Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters

Go down 
+47
PochinkoPotanko
Abdiel
Ken Himura
inskate
l-spiralmao
chiyori
roma
Mao2012
patknowsbest
clarice
COHK
ddmm
ballerinamao
dangerous_angel_face
KariDebate
MaoChan756
shikure
Okami
swan
zarinaballerina
babayaga
Eris
Jtsmith1
Aibhlin
Artistry
tilitom
clovera
aoi88
Lady_in_black
Figure_skating_love
klarification
sumin
mingming
chapis
maofan93
Spacey
bibi
tkrm7778
cariinm12
coconut
polosatik
☆Genie
Star85
bellarina
MikiAndoFan#1
kawaiimao
tianrushui
51 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters   Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 3:48 pm

Ok, does TAT (I assume she's the choreographer) hate Adelina? I don't like the program, maybe I'll change my mind when I'll see it at GP, but IMO, Adelina deserves much better than this. Disappointed
It looks like choreo and music don't fit together, but this could be because the program is still new to her... To be honest I was expecting something much better.
Back to top Go down
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters   Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 5:59 pm

polosatik wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceDNc_1OAXs&list=PLfaDNAlaVxJjTF5Rp1sUBS8NOKpX2uG1_&index=17&feature=plpp_video Here it is Adelina's LP from today. She chose this music by herself. I don't know why you hate this program so much, everyone at Russian forum loves it(though they're not Adelina's fans). To me it's an ok program, nothing bad but nothing extraordinary.

I don't hate it... but I don't like it either. It's the kind of program that doesn't elicit any reaction from me, be it negative or positive. Maybe I need to watch more of this program to make up my mind. I think it's decent though and the only thing I can point out is the strange sense of disconnect in the music cut. Or maybe that's just me.
Back to top Go down
Mao2012
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Mao2012

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters   Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 2:43 am

When I saw her program the first time (a couple of weeks ago), I thought "this is going to be her worst program ever!", now that she skated it quite good, she nailed an almost clean program, I have to say it looks completely different! This program is not wonderfully choreographed, and I don't like the music, but it has potential, with consistency in the jumps in could become great!
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters   Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 4:24 am

sorry mao2012 i really don't see any potentiel to this program,if it had it would be because adelina made some mistakes and there thereby are some transitions lost but since she skated to it clean, it just isn't the case. her skating and music is 90% of bthe time disconnected, which makes it awkward, i think i might prefer to watch her skating without the music.

Back to top Go down
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chapis

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters   Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 9:10 am

I was afraid because Tat is cor to Mao again, but I really like Adelina´s program, and the music, but what with the costume, is just a practice?
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters   Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 9:15 am

chapis wrote:
I was afraid because Tat is cor to Mao again, but I really like Adelina´s program, and the music, but what with the costume, is just a practice?
yes, it's just a test team skate, so a lot of skaters didn't have their costumes yet)
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters   Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 1:12 am

Adelina's SP from Nebelhorn Trophy, I love it! especially the steps)))
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=jSM4o5nHboc
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters   Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 12:29 pm

Hm, I'm not a fan of this program but I do like the step sequence. I'd prefer if she didn't wear black tights, but that's just my preference.

Adelina lost this competition to Canadian Kaitlyn Osmond. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters   Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 7:59 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:
Hm, I'm not a fan of this program but I do like the step sequence. I'd prefer if she didn't wear black tights, but that's just my preference.

Adelina lost this competition to Canadian Kaitlyn Osmond. Shocked

Who is that even?!
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters   Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 9:27 pm

Adelina's FS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsCU4PyKx8E Too bad about the singled flip. if she landed it she'd have won...

Kaetlyn's FS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duHhEVNQRWU She just turned senior last season, right? And i think she got bronze at Canadian Nationals?
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
MaoChan756
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
MaoChan756

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters   Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 12:30 am

I am quite impressed by Kaetlyn's performance. It is way better than any FS of Cynthia...
She might be the one to succeed Rochette - with clean and strong jumps...
Her next competition is Skate Canada.

As far as Adelina is concerned, this YT comment sums everything up:
'love love love the spins, but most of the FS looked like she is running from one jump to another!!! cant help it....'
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters   Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 8:14 am

MaoChan756 wrote:
I am quite impressed by Kaetlyn's performance. It is way better than any FS of Cynthia...
She might be the one to succeed Rochette - with clean and strong jumps...
Her next competition is Skate Canada.

As far as Adelina is concerned, this YT comment sums everything up:
'love love love the spins, but most of the FS looked like she is running from one jump to another!!! cant help it
....'

I agree, Kaetlyn has made a very good impression, hopefully she won't get affected by the expectations the CAN fed is going to put on her. Here she was a nobody, however she's going to Skate Canada as a girl who's beaten Sotnikova.

About Adelina: her spins are awesome, but I hate her program. She deserves much much better than this. Disappointed
Back to top Go down
chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
chiyori

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters   Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 9:36 am

roma wrote:
Adelina's FS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsCU4PyKx8E Too bad about the singled flip. if she landed it she'd have won...

Kaetlyn's FS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duHhEVNQRWU She just turned senior last season, right? And i think she got bronze at Canadian Nationals?

Yup, she was leading after the SP too, by some margin. She landed a 3T-3T! She was very tentative in the FS though, and didn't get much GOE though she didn't "fall", per say, and rotated everything. She was missing the 3Lz AND the 3L last year also, which really hurt. She really seems to be on her way up! I like that she's already 1.65m and adult-looking. Her figure doesn't seem to have changed all that much since last year so she might be mostly done growing. I like that she's not a tiny sprite who already has all the technical difficulty and can only lose it. She looks physically strong and is working on adding difficulty.

She really has a lot of potential and you can tell that she LOVES to perform. At the same point in their career, I would say that she has more potential than Rochette had. Her lutz, though new, is already technically clean. And she can land some sort of 3-3, even if only a 3T-3T, something Rochette always struggled with. And that opening 3F-2T... There's plenty of height and distance on that 2T to eventually turn it into a triple. Let's see how she develops, but I do like her a lot. I hope SC doesn't bury her in pressure and expectations. Let her work her way up at her own pace. She seems to be doing really well already Cheering
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters   Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 11:25 am

Yulia Lipnitskaia just won Finlandia Trophy with the score total of 188.23 (she got 124.18 for the long program). All I can say, grand prix watch out, there's a new kid on the block. Yep!

Here's the protocol:
http://www.figureskatingresults.fi/results/1213/FT2012/FT2012_Ladies_FS_Scores.pdf
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters   Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 1:57 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:
Yulia Lipnitskaia just won Finlandia Trophy with the score total of 188.23 (she got 124.18 for the long program). All I can say, grand prix watch out, there's a new kid on the block. Yep!

Here's the protocol:
http://www.figureskatingresults.fi/results/1213/FT2012/FT2012_Ladies_FS_Scores.pdf

She's already one of my favorite skaters. I can't wait for her and Nathan Chen to start competing in Seniors! I haven't been as excited about any new skaters as them for a long time.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters   Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 2:47 pm

Star85 wrote:

She's already one of my favorite skaters. I can't wait for her and Nathan Chen to start competing in Seniors! I haven't been as excited about any new skaters as them for a long time.

I'm not a fan of her for the time being. She mostly skates through music and just shows off her insane flexibility, however if/when she learns to feel the music, actually holds her spirals (becomes less frantic) and cleans up her weird landings, she will be a major threat.

I adore Nathan, too bad he injured himself and had to withdrew, hopefully we'll se him rocking junior worlds.
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters   Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 3:17 am

I see I missed the Julia discussion on the Mao news thread. The thread is back on topic, so I don't want to go backwards again, but yes I agree with you Zarinaballerina. She does rush through the programs a bit, she could show more feeling/connection to the music and choreography, and she needs to fix some technical things like her jumps and holding her spirals for longer (kind of a shame to not hold them long when she's so flexible!).

However, she's still very young. These are things that she has time to fix. I for one am a sucker for flexible skater. I love those crazy positions she gets in her spirals and spins. I also like how her positions and movements are very fluid and graceful. I am a sucker for this type of skater also. Her jumps are not the best right now, but they seem to be tight and fast in the air. She is not a particularly fast skater, and her jumps aren't particularity big, so I'm kinda surprised she gets her jumps fast and tight like that.

Anyway, if she survives puberty and works on those things. I really believe she will be a threat in the future, cause she has some special qualities.
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters   Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 6:09 am

After Julia now comes Elena Radionova who, for me, skates better than Julia. She won her JGP events and the JGPF.

Based on these two articles:
http://www.goldenskate.com/2012/12/radionova-wins-title-at-junior-grand-prix-final/
http://www.goldenskate.com/2012/12/elena-radionova-sets-high-goals/

She seems to have a grown up way of thinking that is quite endearing... looks like a lovely personality with a good head on her shoulders. flower

I love these quotes:

Quote :
“I never feel any malice towards others,” she stated. “I never felt envy towards others. Thank God, I don’t have that terrible character trait. I am always composed and it is not easy to surprise me with something. I think you can achieve everything when you work hard for it and want it. I am a good-natured person. In some situations, I might not want to give in, and I show a fighting spirit. I can argue with someone, get loud, but then in five minutes we’ll make peace and everything is ok.”
Reminds me of our Mao. Smile

On wanting to compete at seniors next season
Quote :
“To try at least,” she said. “I like to skate with them. You watch them and they are skating better and faster than you are, so you are drawn to them. You want to be like them or even better. My skating is still kids’ skating, everybody according to his age. I can’t yet skate like them. I need to work more on my skating skills. I am still small and I need to grow a little and it will look different. The other girls grew up and they look different on the ice, so graceful.”

She's friendly with Adelina plus she'd like to talk to Mao:
Quote :
“I would like to talk to Mao Asada,” Radionova shared. “I would like to ask what Japan is like. I really want to go to Japan one day. Japan and France are my favorite countries. I don’t know why. I love French croissants. I was for the first time in France at the Junior Grand Prix event, but even more so, I would like to go to Paris. And for some reason I feel drawn to Japan. It would be interesting to see how the people are.”

Last edited by roma on Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters   Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 7:11 am

Yes! I love baby Lena! She's an awesome person and wonderful skater and to me she is tones better then Julia. Many Hearts
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters   Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 11:16 am

polosatik wrote:
Yes! I love baby Lena! She's an awesome person and wonderful skater and to me she is tones better then Julia. Many Hearts

I agree, I adore her as well. Love Hearts This kid has everything, jumps, flexibility, spins and tons of charisma. All she needs now is to survive through puberty, if she'll manage this, then we're looking at the next figure skating star, IMO.
Back to top Go down
l-spiralmao
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
l-spiralmao

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters   Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 1:19 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:
polosatik wrote:

I agree, I adore her as well. Love Hearts This kid has everything, jumps, flexibility, spins and tons of charisma. All she needs now is to survive through puberty, if she'll manage this, then we're looking at the next figure skating star, IMO.

ITA SmileSmileSmileSmile

Julia bores me, but I love Elena's jumps, spins, speed, and spark Many Hearts I love how mature and aware she is of her skating and I hope she can meet Mao someday! Wub
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters   Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 8:35 am

Nikol Gosviyani SP from Russian Natioanls, she is not technically that strong like Russian babies, but she is very beautiful skater, and if not two Julia WD she wouldn't be at Russian Nationals this year. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HEvfSNqnl8
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters   Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 9:16 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvhXIx6PZU8 Serafima's LP she got 120.87 I love her LP, great music and she feels it really well!

Last edited by polosatik on Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
l-spiralmao
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
l-spiralmao

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters   Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 9:27 am

Thanks Aysa! Serafima is so beautiful and light and Nikol reminds me of Ksenia in her style. Are there any videos of Natalia Ogoreltseva, her SP was Wub and I applaud her for attempting a 3lz+3lo! She and Serafima are my favorites among the 2000 girls
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters   Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 9:34 am

l-spiralmao wrote:
Thanks Aysa! Serafima is so beautiful and light and Nikol reminds me of Ksenia in her style. Are there any videos of Natalia Ogoreltseva, her SP was Wub and I applaud her for attempting a 3lz+3lo! She and Serafima are my favorites among the 2000 girls
No videos of Natasha Sad You should search on fsvids, maybe there are can be her videos from RN.
Nikol's FS! Bravo! cheers https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0pz7QwHFdw
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters   Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters
Page 6 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next