Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Ice 2013

Go down 
+33
aoi88
Lady_in_black
sapphiresky
chiyori
let`s talk
elmaster
Asada_Rising
shar
clockreact
jkblues
linglang
AmazingGraceMao
babayaga
Tripleaxelqueen
ballerinamao
Mao2012
Haidogirl
zarinaballerina
whiteboots2013
josling
ilovethai
shikure
Mao_Asada_sunrise
roma
COHK
l-spiralmao
ddmm
silenceisgolden
sweetdream
pearlyriver
polosatik
Alokya
helen91
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
babayaga
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
babayaga

The Ice 2013 - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ice 2013   The Ice 2013 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 9:12 am

Tripleaxelqueen wrote:
babayaga wrote:
A short clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVHLRzyBv_c&feature=youtu.be

I really like what I see so far Wub 

Thank you for the clip. I do like what I see. I think this SP will be epic for Moa. It will highlight her best qualities as a skater. No matter what happens I want her to skate to it clean in competition so I can watch it over and over again.

Should we  be worry about the triple axel or is to early in the season? just because I am a worrier. And for Mao's last season I want to see her happy after each performance.

I wouldn't worry now. I was actually a little angry with the Japanese media again - of all the things they chose to show a popped 3A, they even repeated it. Could they focus on something else for once?
Back to top Go down
Tripleaxelqueen

Tripleaxelqueen

PostSubject: Re: The Ice 2013   The Ice 2013 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 9:18 am

babayaga wrote:
Tripleaxelqueen wrote:
babayaga wrote:

Thank you for the clip. I do like what I see. I think this SP will be epic for Moa. It will highlight her best qualities as a skater. No matter what happens I want her to skate to it clean in competition so I can watch it over and over again.

Should we  be worry about the triple axel or is to early in the season? just because I am a worrier. And for Mao's last season I want to see her happy after each performance.

I wouldn't worry now. I was actually a little angry with the Japanese media again - of all the things they chose to show a popped 3A, they even repeated it. Could they focus on something else for once?

Agree with you. They have an obsession with the Triple Axel. However, Mao has the best musicality, lines, spins positions in the business right know. they should talk about that. But, I think Mao's team is also to blame for that, they presented her as the triple axel queen (which she is), but she is much more than that
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: The Ice 2013   The Ice 2013 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 9:57 am

linglang wrote:

According to tweet reports, Narumi & Ryuichi did a lift at the opening. They skated their SP for the coming season.  They also did twist and throw jump which looked as one tweet say more practice needed.

Hm, I wonder if they'll be good enough at Nebelhorn to qualify for Sochi. After everything JSF and Narumi did, it would be a catastrophy for this pair to not qualify, IMO.

babayaga wrote:

I really like what I see so far

So do I. I wasn't a fan of this costume seeing it on pictures, but during skating it looks great.

Tripleaxelqueen wrote:
Agree with you. They have an obsession with the Triple Axel. However, Mao has the best musicality, lines, spins positions in the business right know. they should talk about that. But, I think Mao's team is also to blame for that, they presented her as the triple axel queen (which she is), but she is much more than that

Completely agree. Though to be fair, she is the best in the business when it comes musicality, lines, step sequences...at present, however this wasn't the case when she first appeared on the scene. While she always had great musicality, back then what she stood out most with was her jump layout. To beat ALL those big names in the 05/06 season she needed the 3A and 3-3. So she was another jumping bean with crazy jumps and with added musicality, good lines...I'm not surprised her team was presenting her as a 3A queen, no one else was doing this jump and she was, at only 15 years of age. Unfortunately, this backfired.Yep, Sadly 
Back to top Go down
Tripleaxelqueen

Tripleaxelqueen

PostSubject: Re: The Ice 2013   The Ice 2013 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 10:17 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
linglang wrote:

According to tweet reports, Narumi & Ryuichi did a lift at the opening. They skated their SP for the coming season.  They also did twist and throw jump which looked as one tweet say more practice needed.

Hm, I wonder if they'll be good enough at Nebelhorn to qualify for Sochi. After everything JSF and Narumi did, it would be a catastrophy for this pair to not qualify, IMO.

babayaga wrote:

I really like what I see so far

So do I. I wasn't a fan of this costume seeing it on pictures, but during skating it looks great.

Tripleaxelqueen wrote:

Completely agree. Though to be fair, she is the best in the business when it comes musicality, lines, step sequences...at present, however this wasn't the case when she first appeared on the scene. While she always had great musicality, back then what she stood out most with was her jump layout. To beat ALL those big names in the 05/06 season she needed the 3A and 3-3. So she was another jumping bean with crazy jumps and with added musicality, good lines...I'm not surprised her team was presenting her as a 3A queen, no one else was doing this jump and she was, at only 15 years of age. Unfortunately, this backfired.Yep, Sadly 

Agree. but after she skated to Nocturne, it became apparent that she was more than a jumping bean. Even her haters admit that that program was magical. However, any honest person will tell you that Mao has the whole package the technical ability and the artistry of the sport. When she is able to combine those two no one can beat her
Back to top Go down
ilovethai
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
ilovethai

PostSubject: Re: The Ice 2013   The Ice 2013 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 10:57 am

roma wrote:
WoW! Love Hearts Cloud 9 Wub 

The Ice 2013 - Page 5 793440132

Wowww.. dat bootayyy hahahah Wink
Back to top Go down
ilovethai
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
ilovethai

PostSubject: Re: The Ice 2013   The Ice 2013 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 11:07 am

babayaga wrote:

Love Hearts Love Hearts Love Hearts  My goodness! Look at her facial expression, her arm movement, her fingers, her lines!.. and this is just a short clip of her SP! Not even the whole thing. If this short clip is this enchanting, I'm wondering how much more magical the whole SP will be. Cloud 9 Cloud 9 Boogie Boogie Love 

It also seems like she has packed some more muscle. Even though I kinda miss the willowy, lithe Mao, this is good. The added muscle will help make her jumping higher and more powerful.
Back to top Go down
josling
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
josling

PostSubject: Re: The Ice 2013   The Ice 2013 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 11:39 am

On FSU someone said Mao did 1A, 3F<<, popped 3L in her SP? Can anyone confirm that..?!

I watched this 45sec-clip five times in a row and still can't get enough of it...! Wub  Actually I should study maths right now but I'm too excited about this program, I can't concentrate...! Swoon 
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: The Ice 2013   The Ice 2013 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 11:56 am

Tripleaxelqueen wrote:

Agree. but after she skated to Nocturne, it became apparent that she was more than a jumping bean. Even her haters admit that that program was magical. However, any honest person will tell you that Mao has the whole package the technical ability and the artistry of the sport. When she is able to combine those two no one can beat her

Absolutely, however by that time (2006/07 season) the media had already become fully obssesed with the 3A, so to them it didn't matter what kind of skater she was, as long as she was landing 3A. Very Mad 

And because she does have the whole package, it breaks my heart when I see her being underscored 99% of the time.Evil or Very Mad Suspect Disappointed  This will sound mean, but I wish so much that back in the day, Mayada would tought her the right jumping technique. If she'd done that, Mao would be in a lot less trouble now.

And I trully hope and wish that Mao will be able to combine the artistry and technique at Oly's and produce an epic magic, otherwise known as SP and LP.Yep! 
Back to top Go down
babayaga
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
babayaga

PostSubject: Re: The Ice 2013   The Ice 2013 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 12:04 pm

josling wrote:
On FSU someone said Mao did 1A, 3F<<, popped 3L in her SP? Can anyone confirm that..?!

I watched this 45sec-clip five times in a row and still can't get enough of it...! Wub  Actually I should study maths right now but I'm too excited about this program, I can't concentrate...! Swoon 

Do you have a link to that post by any chance? I checked FSU but didn't find anything about it. I still wouldn't worry even if it's true. It was Mao's first time performing the program, she was probably just nervous.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: The Ice 2013   The Ice 2013 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 12:08 pm

babayaga wrote:
josling wrote:

Do you have a link to that post by any chance? I checked FSU but didn't find anything about it. I still wouldn't worry even if it's true. It was Mao's first time performing the program, she was probably just nervous.

Not to mention, she has to perform under spot lights, where it's difficult to jump.
Back to top Go down
Tripleaxelqueen

Tripleaxelqueen

PostSubject: Re: The Ice 2013   The Ice 2013 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 12:11 pm

babayaga wrote:
josling wrote:

It is under the ice thread
Back to top Go down
babayaga
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
babayaga

PostSubject: Re: The Ice 2013   The Ice 2013 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 12:12 pm

^ Found it, thanks!
Back to top Go down
josling
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
josling

PostSubject: Re: The Ice 2013   The Ice 2013 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 12:15 pm

babayaga wrote:
josling wrote:

Post #22 in this thread: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?87851-The-ICE-2013-in-Japan-July-24-28/page2 Wink
edit: oh, too slow...! Razz

I'm not worried either! It's the first time she presents it to the audience and it's good that it happens now and not in competition! In addition to the spotlights she also did two shows today which is not the easiest thing to do, I think... So all in all I'm very pleased...! Yep!
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: The Ice 2013   The Ice 2013 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 12:37 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:
Tripleaxelqueen wrote:

Absolutely, however by that time (2006/07 season) the media had already become fully obssesed with the 3A, so to them it didn't matter what kind of skater she was, as long as she was landing 3A. Very Mad 

And because she does have the whole package, it breaks my heart when I see her being underscored 99% of the time.Evil or Very Mad Suspect Disappointed  This will sound mean, but I wish so much that back in the day, Mayada would tought her the right jumping technique. If she'd done that, Mao would be in a lot less trouble now.

And I trully hope and wish that Mao will be able to combine the artistry and technique at Oly's and produce an epic magic, otherwise known as SP and LP.Yep! 

I don't think Mao is in any trouble now, but it sure would have meant that she didn't have to sacrifice two seasons for such a drastic change. I always found Mao's jumps the most beautiful now as well as before the change, and her beautiful jump where actually some of the first things that caught my eyes. it's just that it's rarely if ever is reflected in the scores. and it not being fully reflected in scores, must have made her feel like she needed to make a change.

I just hope that the judges in the upcoming season open their eyes, notice and start appreciating the rare and very unique skater that's right in front of their eyes, and finally start rewarding what should have been rewarded long ago!

anyway to go back to the main topic, I am really really eager to see Mao new programs, hope they will be loaded on the net soon.
Back to top Go down
josling
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
josling

PostSubject: Re: The Ice 2013   The Ice 2013 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 2:05 pm

A few more pics: Smile

The Ice 2013 - Page 5 793575132

The Ice 2013 - Page 5 793575097

The Ice 2013 - Page 5 793575058
Back to top Go down
clockreact

PostSubject: Re: The Ice 2013   The Ice 2013 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 3:35 pm

wow i'm so excited to see her new program!! have been a fan ever since i saw her 2006 program Smile i'm not too worried about her jumps right now... by the looks in the pictures, she seemed to have switched from a traditional blade to a revolution blade by mk/wilson. that will probably need some time to getting used to but very promising right now
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: The Ice 2013   The Ice 2013 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 3:55 pm

clockreact wrote:
wow i'm so excited to see her new program!! have been a fan ever since i saw her 2006 program :)i'm not too worried about her jumps right now... by the looks in the pictures, she seemed to have switched from a traditional blade to a revolution blade by mk/wilson. that will probably need some time to getting used to but very promising right now

welcome to the forum clockreact, I almost forgot about her switching to a new blade Sweatdrop 
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: The Ice 2013   The Ice 2013 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 4:57 pm

clockreact wrote:
wow i'm so excited to see her new program!! have been a fan ever since i saw her 2006 program :)i'm not too worried about her jumps right now... by the looks in the pictures, she seemed to have switched from a traditional blade to a revolution blade by mk/wilson. that will probably need some time to getting used to but very promising right now

Welcome to the forum!Razz 
It's good to hear that. I feel very relieved now. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: The Ice 2013   The Ice 2013 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 5:00 pm

josling wrote:
babayaga wrote:
josling wrote:

Post #22 in this thread: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?87851-The-ICE-2013-in-Japan-July-24-28/page2 Wink
edit: oh, too slow...! Razz

I'm not worried either! It's the first time she presents it to the audience and it's good that it happens now and not in competition! In addition to the spotlights she also did two shows today which is not the easiest thing to do, I think... So all in all I'm very pleased...! Yep!

According to some tweets, Mao did a wally before 3L.Very Happy
Back to top Go down
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
shar

PostSubject: Re: The Ice 2013   The Ice 2013 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 7:09 pm

Oh man, I should have waited a few days before coming on this site to see any Mao update. Because now that I've seen these pics, I'm impatient to see all of her performances like NOW!!!! And I agree with everyone who said she has one of the best form and lines when performing. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Asada_Rising

Asada_Rising

PostSubject: Re: The Ice 2013   The Ice 2013 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 7:52 pm

https://youtu.be/-SE9pRZy8vY

This news clip shows a small chunk of Mao's Ex number. I am really liking what I see and I cant wait to see the complete short and exhibition!!!
Back to top Go down
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: The Ice 2013   The Ice 2013 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 8:36 pm

darn! it was removed already Crying or Very sad 
I remembered reading somewhere in the Jpn forum yesterday, that when Mao was doing her Ex number during the 1st performance, she actually went out to "shake hands" with the audiences....as it's in the lyrics of "what a wonderful world"! Smile 
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: The Ice 2013   The Ice 2013 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 9:54 pm

Is it just me or does Mao often have better costumes for Ex than for competitive programs?
Back to top Go down
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
shar

PostSubject: Re: The Ice 2013   The Ice 2013 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 10:49 pm

pearlyriver wrote:
Is it just me or does Mao often have better costumes for Ex than for competitive programs?

No, it's not just you. I think the EX designer(s) needs to switch with her competitive designer(s).
Back to top Go down
Asada_Rising

Asada_Rising

PostSubject: Re: The Ice 2013   The Ice 2013 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 11:42 pm

I think I am in the minority here. I actually liked Mao's competitive costumes more than her exhibition costumes. From the clip, the new nocturne dress looks so beautiful in motion. I love how the purple bleeds into the pink. It reminds me of Shizuka's Turandot dress from Torino.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Ice 2013   The Ice 2013 - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Ice 2013
Page 5 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next