Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Ice 2013

Go down 
+33
aoi88
Lady_in_black
sapphiresky
chiyori
let`s talk
elmaster
Asada_Rising
shar
clockreact
jkblues
linglang
AmazingGraceMao
babayaga
Tripleaxelqueen
ballerinamao
Mao2012
Haidogirl
zarinaballerina
whiteboots2013
josling
ilovethai
shikure
Mao_Asada_sunrise
roma
COHK
l-spiralmao
ddmm
silenceisgolden
sweetdream
pearlyriver
polosatik
Alokya
helen91
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
josling
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
josling

The Ice 2013 - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ice 2013   The Ice 2013 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 2:14 am

Here's the full SP with the other dress and 3A !!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJ5nkNEw1UA&feature=youtu.be

not sure whether I like this dress or not... Suspect

The Ice 2013 - Page 9 BQkOGqICAAAF8CD
Back to top Go down
babayaga
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
babayaga

PostSubject: Re: The Ice 2013   The Ice 2013 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 2:29 am

Thank you thank you thank you Smile
With the first dress - I really liked it in the picture, but in the program not so much. With the second dress my reaction is the opposite - I wasn't sure about it from the picture, but I think it is beautiful in motion. Second dress gets my vote overall Smile
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: The Ice 2013   The Ice 2013 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 4:29 am

What I like most in Mao's EX is that she looked so carefree + she's singing along. I haven't seen her like that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
AmazingGraceMao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
AmazingGraceMao

PostSubject: Re: The Ice 2013   The Ice 2013 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 4:31 am

roma wrote:
What I like most in Mao's EX is that she looked so carefree + she's singing along. I haven't seen her like that.

Her EX performance was superb!!
Back to top Go down
Lady_in_black
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: The Ice 2013   The Ice 2013 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 5:10 am

babayaga wrote:
Thank you thank you thank you Smile
With the first dress - I really liked it in the picture, but in the program not so much. With the second dress my reaction is the opposite - I wasn't sure about it from the picture, but I think it is beautiful in motion. Second dress gets my vote overall Smile

I fully agree. I absolutely adored her second dress in the program. Much more than the first one. However the second dress looks strange in the picture
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: The Ice 2013   The Ice 2013 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 5:42 am

Asada_Rising wrote:
Finally!!!!!!!!

The Short https://youtu.be/FiUOQfEOeAE

The Exhibition https://youtu.be/vSWqWV4-pzY

I just watched both programs, and I am more than pleased with it.  I couldn't help myself from rewatching them both again and again. The thing that caught my eyes the most, was that there were soo many details in both programs, soo many transitions, and Mao really hit every note, her timing in both programs were unbelievable. Another thing hat really caught my eyes, were her jumps they just drill in the air, her rotation was soo unbelievably fast, and to my eyes faster then usual. I don't know whether it's because of the new skates, or because of her training so early but it sure was thrilling to see. the spins also looked great, loved that the spins she used because they perfectly showcase, her amazing flexibility, extension and gouges position.
The second performance where Mao landed her 3A, soo amazing to watch WOW! 
as for the dresses they both looked great, but the second one looked better in motion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YA5s6_LEzqk
at the end, starts the swing dance with Mao and Jeff:happydance:
Back to top Go down
josling
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
josling

PostSubject: Re: The Ice 2013   The Ice 2013 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 7:40 am

I think you can see Mao's improvement in all categories in every little performance at THE ICE this year!
The woman group number is almost the most significant change for me... Earlier in her career I often had the feeling that Mao is not so comfortable with being sexy (like hip movements or something like this which you see often in group numbers at shows). Surely she could do the choreography but sometimes I had the feeling that she is slightly embarrassed by what she is doing and I never considered her as a "sexy woman" (beautiful of course but not 'sexy') unlike Yuna for example. Mao always has that fairy-like, innocent shine around her that you can hardly see her as a sexy grown-up lady, you know what I mean?
But when you watch her new EX and the woman group number you can see the improvement and how changealbe she can be. She was rocking this group number and I couldn't take my eyes of her (okay, maybe it's only because I can never take my eyes of Mao, no matter what she's doing... Too sweet! )
And I also was fully surprised by her EX. Her former EX programs were - of course - superior but when I watched her 'Smile' EX, I think she completes the good choreography with her personality to make this program brilliant while in her former EXs she realized the choreography incredibly well which made it awesome! (It's hard for me to explain, I hope someone can understand it.. Surprised )
I mean this program wouldn't be so lovely if Mao wouldn't be singing while skating it and you can see that she is truly loving it!!! Mushy Love 
Same with the duet with Jeff! I mean this woman can skate to everything and is still rocking it! I love her performance there, she's bursting for happiness and lust for life!! Confetti 
And when I'm thinking of the new SP I already have goosebumps...! Although I'm not loving it like her old Nocturne yet I'm totally impressed how Mao can bring every little nuance in the music on the ice. I mean she skates every rest, every rubato, every accent in the music (especially in the StSq) and that's something only Mao (and Stephane!) can do! Yep! 
About the costumes... hm, I'm not convinced by both SP costumes yet! Her EX dress is absolutely georgeous!! But I loved her Nocturne dress from 2007 and I wished she'd shoose something simple again. I agree with most of you here that the second dress looks better in movement but I think it makes her torso looking short and I hate something about this dress... Suspect (Although  they finally found the right skin-colored fabric like Kayo said in the FB group!)

To the scoring system experts: Is this position really considered to be a 'difficult position' by the ISU? I never tried myself but it doesn't look too difficult.. but Mao needs that feature to get Level 4 on that spin, so I have to trust Team Mao I think... Razz

So all in all I caaaaan't wait to see competing! She looks better that ever in jumps, steps, spins, impression etc....! I don't know what you think about it but for me THE ICE 2013 raised my hopes for an Olympic gold medal for Mao!! Cheering Dance Love Hearts

PS: Seeing the way she sings 'I looove you' while she's doing this beautiful spiral in 'smile' I thought maybe her dogs aren't the first thing/person she thinks about when she's skating her 'First love' Short program........... just sayin! Too sweet! Love
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: The Ice 2013   The Ice 2013 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 8:47 am

Videos are now uploaded on Chukyo TV's youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/theiceCTV
Back to top Go down
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
shar

PostSubject: Re: The Ice 2013   The Ice 2013 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 12:23 pm

I agree with you Josling regarding Mao being more comfortable being sexy in the girls group number, and especially in her EX. In the group number,  Mao used to hide within the group.  But here, she's taking charge and the lead.

As far as her SP outfits,  the second one would have been perfect if they didn't add the split in the middle in the front,  and if the bust area didn't have the padded bra look they keep putting on all of her outfits.

Just because Mao is not busty, does not mean they have to add exagertive padding. It only makes the outfit look ridiculous, like a kid playing dress up. Take the busty bra out and close the gap in the middle,  and the outfit will be superb.

And isn't this woman fearless for doing a 3A in a small, dark rink? This is why I'm a fan. She makes me want to take chances.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: The Ice 2013   The Ice 2013 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 12:56 pm

Asada_Rising wrote:
Finally!!!!!!!!

The Short https://youtu.be/FiUOQfEOeAE

The Exhibition https://youtu.be/vSWqWV4-pzY

THANK YOU!Daisies for you 

Oh my God, where has Mao gone? Who is this sexy, flirtatious, carefree, confident... woman?Swoon Dance Happy dance  Seriously, I can't stop watching her EX.Swoon Swoon Swoon  I really wanted her to skate to Groban's "Smile", but this is soooo much better. Lori has done a fantastic job.cheers Someone on youtube has called Mao "the queen of exhibition", I totally agree. No one is better than her in this.

About "Nocturne"; do I see a new masterpiece coming our way? Heck yeah!Confetti  I can't wait for SA. I'm not too thrilled with her SP dresses though. shar, I completely agree, if they take out the padding (she doesn't need it), it would look stunning.

And I don't know whether it's because of the new skates, but she looks so light on the ice. She just flies across it. Dear judges, I want to see some good SS marks next season.

And thank you josling and roma for posting the videos.Thank you! Daisies for you 
Back to top Go down
Tripleaxelqueen

Tripleaxelqueen

PostSubject: Re: The Ice 2013   The Ice 2013 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 1:55 pm

thank you guys for the videos. my hope is for many clean SP this season that I can watch over and over
Back to top Go down
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: The Ice 2013   The Ice 2013 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 1:03 am

sharing: the complete version of Mao's EX+SP (from Osaka show), with Mai's interview added
(thanks to the uploader!)

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNTkwNDc2MTA0.html
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: The Ice 2013   The Ice 2013 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 7:27 am

Thank you so much for the clips!!
Wow I love both SP and EX programs.cheers 
Now I'm looking forward to seeing especially SP from different camera angles.

As for the SP costume, I agree with josling.  When I saw that photo, I thought it's Mao Bra 2.0 Sweatdrop She wanted to make a big heart mark on her chest maybe ? But they look a big bra for me ... sorry Escape

But people at the show in Osaka loved this costume so much according to twitter.  So it must look much better on ice than on TV, I assume. Smile
Back to top Go down
BounceAround

BounceAround

PostSubject: Re: The Ice 2013   The Ice 2013 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 6:19 pm

Thanks for all the videos! It's great to see that Mao is skating faster. I think that her tentativeness led people to see her skating skills as worse than they really are. The fact that speed and power are what is most easily noticeable seems, unfortunately, engrained in the physical skater-viewer relationship. That makes it easy to get away with doing lots of crossovers.

Mao's spiral and layback (Shocked that gorgeous free-leg) have always been stunning, but they look even better now.

Lori did a great job with 'Smile'. While 'Nocturne' has some great nuances, it doesn't seem as coherent as a complete aesthetic vessel. Perhaps that will come when Mao isn't doesn't have to try her triple axel under spotlights Very Happy. You go girl!

There was no doubt at all about her jumps in the Osaka exhibition - they were truly incredible. I hate that I even have to look out for that, because "rotation" has been so relatively overemphasized under this new system.
Back to top Go down
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: The Ice 2013   The Ice 2013 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 12:17 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAiJQKhhtgM

thanks to the uploader and the poster who made the comparison video clip of Mao's old and new nocturne! (NB: the music used is from the new one)
Back to top Go down
l-spiralmao
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
l-spiralmao

PostSubject: Re: The Ice 2013   The Ice 2013 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 9:06 am

Back to top Go down
chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
chiyori

PostSubject: Re: The Ice 2013   The Ice 2013 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 10:18 am

2013 The Ice Satoko Miyahara FS Poeta in Osaka

Color me impressed... Jumps look slightly higher, speed and edges, just as good, and lovely interpretation for her age. I think she grew a little too... Her legs look a bit longer. I'm glad that I was right and that growing seems to be helping, and not hindering her progress.

This is far from easy music for a little girl... Good job, Satoko!
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: The Ice 2013   The Ice 2013 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 12:27 pm

chiyori wrote:

Color me impressed... Jumps look slightly higher, speed and edges, just as good, and lovely interpretation for her age. I think she grew a little too... Her legs look a bit longer. I'm glad that I was right and that growing seems to be helping, and not hindering her progress.

I second this. She has improved so much from the junior WCH.Shocked  Training in USA is doing wonders for her. Does anyone know who's the choreographer? I really like this program.
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: The Ice 2013   The Ice 2013 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 3:56 am

chiyori wrote:

That's what I love about skating. Even genius can struggle sometimes, and there's still room for development if you work hard. Glad that she's improved a lot, considering that the music is not easy for a 15-year-old girl. I think her programs are often well-choreographed.
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: The Ice 2013   The Ice 2013 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 4:15 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
chiyori wrote:

I second this. She has improved so much from the junior WCH.Shocked  Training in USA is doing wonders for her. Does anyone know who's the choreographer? I really like this program.

I think I read somewhere that it's Katia Gordeeva. Looks like going to Ilia Kulik is doing wonders for her jumps.
Back to top Go down
l-spiralmao
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
l-spiralmao

PostSubject: Re: The Ice 2013   The Ice 2013 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 10:13 am

chiyori wrote:

Shocked She's matured quite a bit in her skating, and her jumps don't look as low... I'm really impressed! Encore 
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: The Ice 2013   The Ice 2013 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 1:45 pm

I was just blown away by Mao's new Chopin. I am on of few who like new version more than original. Mao is so mature and expressive there, oh, I can't wait to see it in competition! Love 
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: The Ice 2013   The Ice 2013 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 2:42 pm

polosatik wrote:
I was just blown away by Mao's new Chopin. I am on of few who like new version more than original. Mao is so mature and expressive there, oh, I can't wait to see it in competition! Love 

You're not the only one. I love it as well. Artistically she's never been better. She's going to blow everyone away, I just feel it. She's so light on her feet (skates Wink  ) and she's flying across the ice.Dance 

If she brings back her jumps as well...she'll give everyone a run for their money. Rockstar 
I can't wait for JO to see what her new LP is like, and I'm just dying to see Chopin in a competition.
Back to top Go down
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: The Ice 2013   The Ice 2013 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 9:53 pm

From Alex's twitter:

Alex Shibutani ‏@AlexShibutani 3h
THE ICE 2013 - #thatPOWER: Starring the cast of #THEICE2013!

https://youtu.be/iPlprOoeS1E

Bravo! Probably the last one of the videos?
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: The Ice 2013   The Ice 2013 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 1:41 am

^ This is awesome.Love Hearts  They're so talented. I hope this isn't the last one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Ice 2013   The Ice 2013 - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Ice 2013
Page 9 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next