Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Ice 2013

Go down 
+33
aoi88
Lady_in_black
sapphiresky
chiyori
let`s talk
elmaster
Asada_Rising
shar
clockreact
jkblues
linglang
AmazingGraceMao
babayaga
Tripleaxelqueen
ballerinamao
Mao2012
Haidogirl
zarinaballerina
whiteboots2013
josling
ilovethai
shikure
Mao_Asada_sunrise
roma
COHK
l-spiralmao
ddmm
silenceisgolden
sweetdream
pearlyriver
polosatik
Alokya
helen91
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
AuthorMessage
Dani-Chan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Dani-Chan

The Ice 2013 - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ice 2013   The Ice 2013 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 8:44 pm

COHK wrote:
From Alex's twitter:

Alex Shibutani ‏@AlexShibutani 3h
THE ICE 2013 - #thatPOWER: Starring the cast of #THEICE2013!

https://youtu.be/iPlprOoeS1E

Bravo! Probably the last one of the videos?
lol! lol! lol! lol!  so cool!! Jeffrey was so into it lol
And Mao at the dance break hahaha Love Hearts 
The shibs are amazing
Back to top Go down
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: The Ice 2013   The Ice 2013 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 6:02 pm

Clips of Mao's performances at The Ice 2013 (Osaka version) put together:
(including: opening-women's group dance- Smile-Nocturne)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcW6XHEhGAU&feature=youtu.be

Thanks to the uploader! Enjoy!!
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: The Ice 2013   The Ice 2013 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 12:14 am

^ Thank you!Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! 

I know we all already said this but her spiral, especially in the opening number,Swoon so much extention, it's perfect. I don't know what happened to Mao but I absolutely love this new "version" of her. Confident, happy, flirtatious...now all she needs to do, is to bring this to competition and she'll rock it!

Go Mao, have an awesome, kick ass season.Cheering Boogie  Daisies for you 
Back to top Go down
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: The Ice 2013   The Ice 2013 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 6:44 am

zarinaballerina wrote:

I know we all already said this but her spiral, especially in the opening number,Swoon so much extention, it's perfect. I don't know what happened to Mao but I absolutely love this new "version" of her. Confident, happy, flirtatious...now all she needs to do, is to bring this to competition and she'll rock it!

No problem!

The "smile/what a wonderful world" Ex was a pleasant surprise for me! Before watching the clip I was having some hesitation that if I'd like Mao's new Ex or not...I know the lyrics is inspiring, but I'm just not too much into any skating performance with modern music. However, Lori did a wonderful job with the Ex program: in addition to all the qualities by zarinaballerina, I think they've managed to come up with a very refreshing EX that highlights Mao's lightness in skating...ah, those wonderful old days~~ in the end, I don't even mind the funny cutie moments where she breaks up in the middle of the program to wave to say goodbye or to shake hands with the audiences (it's just much better than the too literal 'No 1/only 1' gesture in someone else's Ex...geek )

Yes, who else can make that gorgeous spiral!
Back to top Go down
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

PostSubject: Re: The Ice 2013   The Ice 2013 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 5:51 pm

I know I am very late to the party but what else do I need to say? Mao is absolutely gorgeous and she's looking very confident. I especially loved her EX and when I showed it to a friend who is not interested in figure skating AT ALL, she said:

Quote :
'It takes a talented skater to make something difficult look so easy and effortless.'
Precisely!

Now I am very excited for Olympic Season!
Back to top Go down
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
shar

PostSubject: Re: The Ice 2013   The Ice 2013 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 8:08 pm

COHK wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:

No problem!

The "smile/what a wonderful world" Ex was a pleasant surprise for me! Before watching the clip I was having some hesitation that if I'd like Mao's new Ex or not...I know the lyrics is inspiring, but I'm just not too much into any skating performance with modern music. However, Lori did a wonderful job with the Ex program: in addition to all the qualities by zarinaballerina, I think they've managed to come up with a very refreshing EX that highlights Mao's lightness in skating...ah, those wonderful old days~~ in the end, I don't even mind the funny cutie moments where she breaks up in the middle of the program to wave to say goodbye or to shake hands with the audiences (it's just much better than the too literal 'No 1/only 1' gesture in someone else's Ex...geek )

Yes, who else can make that gorgeous spiral!
Hahahaha CHOK, I caught that tiny, tiny, tiny typing. And I agree, that it so much more humble and entertaining to connect with your audience then self claiming that your #1 to them. Ugh, pretentious much?
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: The Ice 2013   The Ice 2013 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 9:28 am

shar wrote:

Hahahaha CHOK, I caught that tiny, tiny, tiny typing. And I agree, that it so much more humble and entertaining to connect with your audience then self claiming that your #1 to them. Ugh, pretentious much?
So have I, but wasn't "brave" enough to say something. Hell, no!  Though to be honest, some Yuna fans on this forum become very sensitive when it comes to critisizing her, so I rather leave it alone whenever possible.

I must admit that I haven't seen Yuna's "Imagine" program, but I have read some criticques from others about No1 gesture being way too literal. Well, everyone has a different taste.
Back to top Go down
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chapis

PostSubject: Re: The Ice 2013   The Ice 2013 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 1:52 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:
shar wrote:

So have I, but wasn't "brave" enough to say something. Hell, no!  Though to be honest, some Yuna fans on this forum become very sensitive when it comes to critisizing her, so I rather leave it alone whenever possible.

I must admit that I haven't seen Yuna's "Imagine" program, but I have read some criticques from others about No1 gesture being way too literal. Well, everyone has a different taste.
Imagine is my favorite program of her Wub . And the dress is a dream. I dont even note the no. 1 gesture, but anyway I've always thought that she is a little arrogant Laughing .
Back to top Go down
ilovethai
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
ilovethai

PostSubject: Re: The Ice 2013   The Ice 2013 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 2:05 pm

chapis wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:
shar wrote:

Imagine is my favorite program of her Wub . And the dress is a dream. I dont even note the no. 1 gesture, but anyway I've always thought that she is a little arrogant Laughing .
Huh... a little? Who, me?
Back to top Go down
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: The Ice 2013   The Ice 2013 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 6:09 pm

[quote="zarinaballerina"]
shar wrote:

Hahahaha CHOK, I caught that tiny, tiny, tiny typing.
First of all, I'd like to apologize to those who feel offended by my tiny line. I've thought about adding this NB: I admit I'm biased. Just like all the fans, I have my own preference and justification for liking or disliking someone/something. There's no need to waste space here to explain why. But I've come to realized that, no matter how biased I'm, I still pray for a clean performance from skaters who I watch closely!cat 
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: The Ice 2013   The Ice 2013 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 7:58 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:
shar wrote:

I read that she once said she was lucky to be born with a stature perfect for skating, even more than her natural talent. And her press conference at Worlds 2013 was quite humble. Pretentious?Shocked 
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: The Ice 2013   The Ice 2013 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 4:15 am

COHK wrote:

First of all, I'd like to apologize to those who feel offended by my tiny line. I've thought about adding this NB: I admit I'm biased. Just like all the fans, I have my own preference and justification for liking or disliking someone/something. There's no need to waste space here to explain why. But I've come to realized that, no matter how biased I'm, I still pray for a clean performance from skaters who I watch closely!:cat: 
Thumbs up! THIS. I want the best skater on the night to win, no matter who it is, but it is hard to like those skaters who are being constantly overmarked (and I'm not just talking about Yuna here) and while I know it's not their fault and that my anger should be pointed toward the judges, it's still dificult to feel satisfied when a skater who's been generously marked wins, even when it's a fair win. At least that's how I feel.

pearlyriver wrote:
I read that she once said she was lucky to be born with a stature perfect for skating, even more than her natural talent. And her press conference at Worlds 2013 was quite humble. Pretentious? Shocked 
Well, she does have a great stature for skating, that's true. Maybe what bugged non Yuna fans (myself including) about her press conference at worlds was her "expectation" of a higher score for her SP? I mean she got 69+ (if i'm not mistaken), and her body language (face) was anything but pleased in the K&C. Honestly, I like it when skaters show emotion in the K&C, instead of pretending that everything is OK. But receiving anything over 70 for that SP would be atrocity, and even then, she lost the points because of the 3Flip, instead of in PCS as she should. God, I hate the judges sometimes. Very Mad 

Though to be fair, there were moments in the past, where some things could've been handled differently, without all the complaining...Who, me? But I don't know who was responsible for that, her team, or Orser camp.
I watched TSL with Adam, he said some very interesting things about Yuna. It was nice to hear what she was like, since the image we the fans get of most of the skaters, is usually very carefully planned and very PR friendly.
Back to top Go down
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: The Ice 2013   The Ice 2013 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 6:38 pm

COHK wrote:
From Alex's twitter:

Ans: no, there's also "behind the scene" (to the "only one more sandwich" one)
Maia Shibutani ‏@MaiaShibutani
Just uploaded the Behind The Scenes video for ONE MORE SANDWICH

https://youtu.be/5zvhNjWF2DE

ROTFLMAO 
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: The Ice 2013   The Ice 2013 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 3:19 am

^ Laughing Love it! I hope they'll make a video from SA and/or NHK as well.
Back to top Go down
Lady_in_black
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: The Ice 2013   The Ice 2013 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 4:26 am

COHK wrote:
COHK wrote:
From Alex's twitter:

ROTFLMAO 
Adelina is hilarious, when she is starring at Jeremy, her face is priceless lol! And Mao is cute as a button
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: The Ice 2013   The Ice 2013 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 5:26 am

COHK wrote:
COHK wrote:
From Alex's twitter:

ROTFLMAO 
I'm almost died from laughter ROTFLMAO Mao is so cute!!! Her laugh is very catching, they had a great time !!! Rockstar And Adelina vs Kaetlin fight impressed me a lot too Too sweet! Thumbs up! 
Back to top Go down
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: The Ice 2013   The Ice 2013 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 8:54 pm

newly posted by Shibs: THE ICE 2013 Finale (Behind The Scenes)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7bDZB1pMF8

Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Ice 2013   The Ice 2013 - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Ice 2013
Page 10 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10