Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Miki Ando

Go down 
+51
haruka25
Abdiel
skating_fanatic
Afsfan
Spacey
jkblues
let`s talk
Alokya
4u4a
zarinaballerina
MaoChan756
shikure
Okami
swan
periperi
ddmm
sapphiresky
Batsuchan
Cloviece
skfan
klarification
bibi
theicemarks
apple4me
babayaga
maofan93
bellarina
Haidogirl
gurami
ballerinamao
Figure_skating_love
polosatik
europeanfan
tilitom
iceskatingfan
Star85
BowbowDaijin
PochinkoPotanko
alyssa
Dani-Chan
chapis
chiyori
linglang
MikiAndoFan#1
roma
clovera
itsonlykat
zakkan
inskate
coconut
mingming
55 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
shikure

Miki Ando - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando   Miki Ando - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 11:46 pm

Star85 wrote:
shikure wrote:
http://www.sanspo.com/sports/news/110627/spm1106270503000-n1.htm

Based on the news, ISU will decide if she can be absent for GP series on 27th June.
I just don't understand why this is issue now.
Since Yun-a took absent last season, and i don't remember there is any arguement.
(just an example, i think everyone has right to decide if they will be in this or not)

In addition, you can feel that Japan internally is not happy about that.
Then, Miki became conservative yesterday said "that is still under disscussion with coach...".

Miki doesn't want to do GP this season? Haven't lots of skaters opted not to participate in GP series? I didn't think it was even mandatory. Did she decide last minute or something, and that's what the whole issue is (I can't read the article)?

Her original plan sounds like she wants to prepare for long term which is the 2014 Sochi, then she wants to take this season off.
The other reason is the season off is too short due to the postpone for the 2011 worlds, and she is not ready for her programs yet.
Those Japanese skaters need to participate those Ice shows (maybe due to their own contract), and especially most of ice shows this year are charity events.
In the latest interview, I can see Kozuka is exhausted Sad

In addition, since ISU announced that top 6 skaters can participate 3 games for GP series to make more skaters participate in GP series.
I think ISU is not happy about any top 6 skaters won't be in the games.

Back to top Go down
MaoChan756
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
MaoChan756

Miki Ando - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando   Miki Ando - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 3:00 am

I really don't think ISU should make an issue about it!
If they feel dejected that any of the top 6 skaters won't be in the games...
Tell them at least to be fair - and give the same treatment to all skaters! -_-
I did not hear them say anything when Yuna declared she was going to skip all the competitions once again this season! :O

Japanese skaters are often subjected to so much pressure - They have to participate in so many ice shows in Japan because of the overwhelming popularity of the sport - Now the charity shows...I recall how Mao - even during the Olympic season had to fulfill all her duties towards the JSF...
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

Miki Ando - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando   Miki Ando - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 3:05 am

This is ridiculous. Why is it a problem if Miki decides to skip GP this year, but it's perfectly ok when Yuna decides she doesn't want to do any competitions beside worlds. And I believe she's intending to skip this year's GP as well.
Apparently rules don't apply to everyone the same way.
Back to top Go down
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

Miki Ando - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando   Miki Ando - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 6:18 am

I just hope Miki gets some rest. She had such a fantastic ride last season, it's almost like a small reward after her previous seasons which were, let's face it, quite disappointing when you consider it from her perspective.

My personal opinion is that skaters should be given the prerogative to decide whether or not they want to take some time off, with reasonable limits and restrictions of course. Come on, they're not robots! Rolling Eyes

MaoChan756 wrote:
Japanese skaters are often subjected to so much pressure - They have to participate in so many ice shows in Japan because of the overwhelming popularity of the sport - Now the charity shows...I recall how Mao - even during the Olympic season had to fulfill all her duties towards the JSF...

I agree. Mao had too much on her plate last season, I remember commenting before that I won't be too surprised if she doesn't do well. (Of course it hurts but...) She had to go to countless ice shows, tapings for CMs and other media appearances, plus looking for a new coach to help her stabilize her jumps. And let's not forget about the earthquake and the sudden weight loss that happened during 2011 Worlds. Yuna herself said that it was difficult to get back to skating after such a tiring Olympic season. I think every skater felt that way, although special mention should be given to Miki and Alissa for standing out during such a lackluster season.
Back to top Go down
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
shikure

Miki Ando - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando   Miki Ando - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 9:32 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
This is ridiculous. Why is it a problem if Miki decides to skip GP this year, but it's perfectly ok when Yuna decides she doesn't want to do any competitions beside worlds. And I believe she's intending to skip this year's GP as well.

so far don't see anything about that..thanks god
But Japanese media may not treat Miki nice...so bad
Back to top Go down
Cloviece
Double Axel
Double Axel
Cloviece

Miki Ando - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando   Miki Ando - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 12:57 pm

MaoChan756 wrote:
I really don't think ISU should make an issue about it!
If they feel dejected that any of the top 6 skaters won't be in the games...
Tell them at least to be fair - and give the same treatment to all skaters! -_-
I did not hear them say anything when Yuna declared she was going to skip all the competitions once again this season! :O

I completely agree. I don't even see how the ISU can make a big issue out of anything THIS season, especially considering everything that has gone on this year. Not to mention special treatment for one particular skater. Japan has had it harder than anyone, yet their skaters are putting in 110% into not only ISU events, but charity and fundraising as previously mentioned.

This isn't the first time the ISU has been deemed insensitive, and quite frankly it appears as if it's not a union to protect it's skaters, but rather to penalize them. All of the skaters have already had to alter their practice and peaking due to a prolonged season, and now their off season is shorter. Keep this up, and they'll be on their way to burnout and/or injury just because they have to commit to every damn event. Ridiculous.

And really, what does Miki have to prove? She owned it last season, beat most of her previous records, and is ranked number one. So much for being the best. This shouldn't even be an issue (and hopefully it won't be one).
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

Miki Ando - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando   Miki Ando - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 2:21 pm

shikure wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:

so far don't see anything about that..thanks god
But Japanese media may not treat Miki nice...so bad

Yeah, I fear the same. I get it that they want her to compete (being a world champ and all), but come on, give this girl a break. She's been competing without a break for about 7 seasons now and is aiming at her THIRD olympics. she desrves some rest.
Back to top Go down
BowbowDaijin
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
BowbowDaijin

Miki Ando - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando   Miki Ando - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 11:41 pm

http://news.livedoor.com/article/detail/5683714/

2 surprises in this new.
Of course, Miki will skip GP and will go to Japan Open.
The first surprise is her new program (not to know SP or FS)
will be BLACK SWAN Soundtrack.

The second surprise is how this news call Morozov "Miki's
Coach and Boyfriend". I know that everybody think like that
too but did they announce officially about their love relationship?

About the headline that they wrote Miki might think Mao is her
enemy is something I disagree. I think Miki change her skating
to compete with herself for many years. Even when she got 1st
at 4CC last season, she was not happy with that score. And she
is quite a nice sister to Mao too.
Back to top Go down
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
shikure

Miki Ando - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando   Miki Ando - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 6:41 am

BowbowDaijin wrote:
http://news.livedoor.com/article/detail/5683714/

2 surprises in this new.
Of course, Miki will skip GP and will go to Japan Open.
The first surprise is her new program (not to know SP or FS)
will be BLACK SWAN Soundtrack.

The second surprise is how this news call Morozov "Miki's
Coach and Boyfriend". I know that everybody think like that
too but did they announce officially about their love relationship?

About the headline that they wrote Miki might think Mao is her
enemy is something I disagree. I think Miki change her skating
to compete with herself for many years. Even when she got 1st
at 4CC last season, she was not happy with that score. And she
is quite a nice sister to Mao too.

I remembered the black swan is one of her EX since she performed that in ice show and said so.
But she may change that to SP or FS later Smile

I remember jpn skaters said they are good friends and are rivals. Maybe Miki and Mao are not as close as with other skaters (like Miki-Taka; Taka-Mao; Miki-Nobu) but they are still good friends.

In addition, the article are with too many Miki's private life (her relationship with her coach...), and I won't take that too serious Smile

Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

Miki Ando - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando   Miki Ando - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 2:46 pm

Some excerpts from a Morozov interview concerning Miki and Japanese skaters. He seems a bit arrogant here eh? lol:

With Sochi on the horizon, will you continue to work with international skaters?

"Of course. I still have the [Japanese] world champion Miki [Ando], the [French] European champion Florent [Amodio] and I still work with [Italian ice dancers] Anna Cappellini and Luca Lanotte. I just did a program for [Qing] Pang and [Jian] Tong. It is just some rumor that I am limited to Russians. I don't know where it came from. For example, people were saying Florent was going to Colorado to train, but he is with me. I don't have a computer. I don't pay attention to rumors."

So there's no pressure to restrict your efforts?

"Some people think I can't work with international skaters, but I have no problem with it. No one has told me I can't, but some people think [the Russian skating federation] did. After worlds, Florent said, 'I guess I can't [continue] with you.' I said, 'Of course you can.'

The only [exception] might be the Japanese Federation, but of course if [a Japanese skater] were to ask me, I would think about it. I say this because I've done so well for the Japanese, and they don't even say thank you. If it weren't for me, there would be no Daisuke Takahashi. [Morozov coached the 2010 world champion to the 2007 world silver medal.] Now [world silver medalist Takahiko] Kozuka is skating so well, because Takahashi, he pushed all the Japanese boys to skate to a new level. Miki won two [world] gold medals for Japan. They just don't understand this."

Miki won worlds using classical music.

"I'm pushing her more in her exhibition [programs]. I don't want to try anything new with Miki because there is no point; if she does her jumps, she will win anyway. Usually her exhibition I make in one or two weeks and her free program I make in two or three days."

Will Miki sit the entire 2011-2012 season out?

"She won't compete next season. Maybe there is a small chance she will [return] for Japanese nationals. She needs to rest. She's been competing for so many years, I think she just needs to enjoy [herself], but she will return."

He also said Florrent will be doing a quad this season (yay!), American skaters are hard to work with, and more: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20110630&content_id=21206186&vkey=ice_news
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

Miki Ando - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando   Miki Ando - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 4:14 am

I have nothing against Miki, she seems really nice and has improved a lot over the years, but I have to disagree with Morozov. if Yuna skates clean (or almost clean) and if mao comes back (to her old self), Miki can jump all she wants, (in my opinion), there's no way she'll beat either one of them.
Back to top Go down
Cloviece
Double Axel
Double Axel
Cloviece

Miki Ando - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando   Miki Ando - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 7:03 am

^So true.

And this is just Morozov's ego talking since he's had a lot of success this year with Miki (and yes, he really does sound cocky as hell in this interview). Carroll also has moments like this that sometimes makes me "side eye" him a bit, lol.
Back to top Go down
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
shikure

Miki Ando - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando   Miki Ando - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 9:29 am

Miki' interview yesterday
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_uU4sRFGk8&feature=player_embedded

I don't have time to watch that yet but saw ppl saying that Miki read all the "hate mails" received after Turin. it's really breaking my heart that why they did that to her especially she was 18 around that time.
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

Miki Ando - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando   Miki Ando - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 10:11 am

shikure wrote:

I don't have time to watch that yet but saw ppl saying that Miki read all the "hate mails" received after Turin. it's really breaking my heart that why they did that to her especially she was 18 around that time.

Shocked Yikes Sad . I hope Mao, and other skaters don't get hate mail when they do bad in competition!
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
shikure

Miki Ando - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando   Miki Ando - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 7:46 pm

Star85 wrote:
shikure wrote:

Shocked Yikes Sad . I hope Mao, and other skaters don't get hate mail when they do bad in competition!

I am not sure if Mao received hate mail but I saw a lots of Anti-Mao, Anti-Taka, Anti-Miki discussion.
Sometimes "can read Japanese" is not good thing and they even don't like Mao called Kozuka "Taka-chan" in those lovely clip Sad

I watched the clip but didn't have time to listen carefully for whole clip.
But Miki did say something fans would like to know~she said she looked at audience when she was performing her programs
Especially those with flags / board with her name, then she thought " she /he comes again"-->she did recognize those loyal fans Smile

I decided to write her a postcard to encourage her and i think i will pick one with beautiful sky since she said she likes to look at sky
Back to top Go down
skfan
Double Axel
Double Axel

Miki Ando - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando   Miki Ando - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 10:03 pm

shikure wrote:
Star85 wrote:
shikure wrote:

I am not sure if Mao received hate mail but I saw a lots of Anti-Mao, Anti-Taka, Anti-Miki discussion.
Sometimes "can read Japanese" is not good thing and they even don't like Mao called Kozuka "Taka-chan" in those lovely clip Sad

But Miki did say something fans would like to know~she said she looked at audience when she was performing her programs
Especially those with flags / board with her name, then she thought " she /he comes again"-->she did recognize those loyal fans Smile

I decided to write her a postcard to encourage her and i think i will pick one with beautiful sky since she said she likes to look at sky

thank you so much shikure. i am so glad you are sending miki a sky theme postcard. i adore miki and root for her every time she skates, even though there are other skaters whose skating i like better (like mao), because miki comes across as such a kind and vulnerable person. unfortunately i am a very lazy fan, so i'm thankful there are people like those sign-carrying fans in the stands and _you_ who let miki know that she is loved Smile
Back to top Go down
periperi
Double Axel
Double Axel
periperi

Miki Ando - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando   Miki Ando - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 12:44 pm

shikure wrote:
Star85 wrote:
shikure wrote:

Anti-Taka discussion? scratch I can guess what kind of comments have been made against Mao and Miki, but I'm curious shikure... what kind of comments have been made against Taka? It seems so strange to me.

Also, what you plan to do for Miki is wonderful. Love
Back to top Go down
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
shikure

Miki Ando - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando   Miki Ando - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 7:44 pm

periperi wrote:
shikure wrote:
Star85 wrote:
shikure wrote:

Anti-Taka discussion? scratch I can guess what kind of comments have been made against Mao and Miki, but I'm curious shikure... what kind of comments have been made against Taka? It seems so strange to me.

Anti-Taka ...is pretty popular on the 2CH ...since there are lots of Mao, Dai, and Tono fans and some of fans are pretty offensive.
Because Mao and Taka are always together since they were in junior competitions.
I think most of you saw pics / vid of them in airport, but anti-Taka said he always stayed with Mao -->they said he is parasite.
or Taka's dad is bald ...then they are posting pics saying Taka is going to be bald-->somehow they are looking for pics and said there is "the sign" he is going to be bald
and latest comments for pair-program is they said Taka is using Mao to get exposure.

Those comments are ridiculous No

so sad~he is always with Mao ...one of the reason is he was going home since both of them live in Nagoya.
I think their agency IMG took part of this. After worlds, they are using Taka to "kill" the "Mao - Dai" rumors. then using Mao to promote Taka.

for the postcard, I also pick nice ones for Taka and Mao Smile

Back to top Go down
periperi
Double Axel
Double Axel
periperi

Miki Ando - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando   Miki Ando - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 5:50 am

shikure wrote:
periperi wrote:
shikure wrote:
Star85 wrote:
shikure wrote:

Anti-Taka ...is pretty popular on the 2CH ...since there are lots of Mao, Dai, and Tono fans and some of fans are pretty offensive.
Because Mao and Taka are always together since they were in junior competitions.
I think most of you saw pics / vid of them in airport, but anti-Taka said he always stayed with Mao -->they said he is parasite.
or Taka's dad is bald ...then they are posting pics saying Taka is going to be bald-->somehow they are looking for pics and said there is "the sign" he is going to be bald
and latest comments for pair-program is they said Taka is using Mao to get exposure.

Those comments are ridiculous No

so sad~he is always with Mao ...one of the reason is he was going home since both of them live in Nagoya.
I think their agency IMG took part of this. After worlds, they are using Taka to "kill" the "Mao - Dai" rumors. then using Mao to promote Taka.

for the postcard, I also pick nice ones for Taka and Mao Smile

Well, I've heard of 2CH before, and at the very least, I know it's an extremely anonymous forum which allows certain people to grow some huge balls they wouldn't have otherwise. Wink

But wow, some of those comments makes FSU look like sparkles and rainbows! I wouldn't pay mind to them, and I'm sure Taka wouldn't either.

Good luck with sending those postcards, shikure!
Back to top Go down
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
shikure

Miki Ando - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando   Miki Ando - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 7:31 am

periperi wrote:

Well, I've heard of 2CH before, and at the very least, I know it's an extremely anonymous forum which allows certain people to grow some huge balls they wouldn't have otherwise. Wink

But wow, some of those comments makes FSU look like sparkles and rainbows! I wouldn't pay mind to them, and I'm sure Taka wouldn't either.

Good luck with sending those postcards, shikure!

I won't take those comments serious but 2CH is a good source for information so i still check those board from time to time. I think those skaters are mentally strong and we just don't put unnecessary pressure on them Smile

Hope they will see those postcards soon since I am in Asia and it won't take too much time to arrive Japan~finger crossed.

Back to top Go down
4u4a

4u4a

Miki Ando - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando   Miki Ando - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 6:53 am

I'm sorry guys, I can't understant correctly what do you mean under "hate mails". Some people write "hate mails" and send them to the skaters by post??? affraid
Back to top Go down
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
shikure

Miki Ando - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando   Miki Ando - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 7:39 pm

4u4a wrote:
I'm sorry guys, I can't understant correctly what do you mean under "hate mails". Some people write "hate mails" and send them to the skaters by post??? affraid

Yes, they did--> you can see how much they want to express their anger against skaters Sad
Back to top Go down
4u4a

4u4a

Miki Ando - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando   Miki Ando - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 11:51 pm

shikure wrote:
4u4a wrote:

Yes, they did--> you can see how much they want to express their anger against skaters Sad
ohhhh, this is SO UGLY!!! Evil or Very Mad
can't even believe No
Back to top Go down
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
shikure

Miki Ando - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando   Miki Ando - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 5:57 am

Back to top Go down
Cloviece
Double Axel
Double Axel
Cloviece

Miki Ando - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando   Miki Ando - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 11:47 am

Thank you, Shikure. I'm loving it so far. Miki looks stunning.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Miki Ando - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando   Miki Ando - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Miki Ando
Page 5 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next